Thursday 21st September 2017 - Time goes by so slowly

Morning.

Lyrics - Time goes by so slowly

Feeling a little battered and bruised this morning especially round the back and shoulder - which is why the visit to the physio was yesterday:-)

What:             doctors/short and easy/eating
Why:              asthma review/taper/carb loading
Last hard:      tapering
Last rest:       15/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Still Waiting by Kaiser Chiefs.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: something fitness related this evening, although it won't as yet be running!

Why: being careful. Work this morning, another funeral this afternoon. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Sorry I've been AWOL.

Think I've overdone it rather and so no running since Sunday.

Went to physio Monday and mentioned I'd had weakness in my hand and an aching arm.  She's worried it's a prolapsed disc in my neck.  Off to see doctor tomorrow.  Am allowed to run, but to be careful.

Half on Sunday was great for the 1st half (around 54 min) but the 2nd was so hilly and having been told it was a flat course, I just wasn't mentally prepared for it.  A goal was 1:50, B 1:55 and C 2:00.  Finish in 1:54:46 wasn't bad considering the hills.  Just hope it didn't destroy my chances at a sub 4 marathon (mentally I mean).

Anyway feel exhausted still and at this stage think rest will be more beneficial than more long runs (unless I miraculously start to feel better).

Wabo good news on your d in law :)
    Ale great news you can run!

Oh and I know the lyrics :D
  • Sorry that you have another funeral to attend Alehouse. Hope it goes well.

How long until the marathon emzap? Definitely sounds as though you need to rest and recuperate at the minute but you were tired before your half weren't you? Could you be low in iron? Hope your physio is wrong and that you feel better soon.
  • Hiya
    LmH - hope the quack visit goes well
    Ale - Hope you give them a joyous send off
    Emz - well toughed out, hitting the B goal is still a good result

what - easy run
    why - not coaching tonight (out with some pals) so will pop out at lunchtime
    last rest - last Monday
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - yes

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LMH, my legs are like that, she hurt so bad the other day.  Hopefully it eases everything though for you
    dustin enjoy lunch time and night out!
    alehouse, sorry to hear about the funeral
    emzap, poor you that doesn't sounds nice! Hope it gets sorted

Lyrics yes, LMH hope doc goes ok

What: a bit of speed, 1 mile warm up then 6 x 2 mins at pace with 1 min rec, half mile cool down
    why: schedule
    last hard: that was
    last rest: 31/12
    have a good day all  
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Thanks for the god wishes but the asthma review was just a box ticking exercise really. Sorted for another year. I'm working at a site over 60 miles away today, not looking forward to the drive there and back but hoping it won't be as bad as I fear, it's a lot of driving for me these days and not great when my back/shoulder are a bit teasy before I start but needs must, at least I have time to settle it down again before Sunday.

Nice session Wabo.

Hope you enjoy your night out Dustin.
  • Afternoon

LMH: Glad everything worked well time wise this morning Hope the back and shoulder eases off for you.

Em: When is your marathon? well done on achieving your B goal a good result.Sorry to hear you are exhausted it sounds like you need plenty of rest.

Ale: have you been given go ahead to run? Sorry about Funeral

Wabo: That sounds a good speed session:-)

Well finally I can report i am feeling better so:

What: 4 mile run
    Why: body she said yes
    Last hard: being ill 
    Lyrics: maybe so a no:-)

I am just glad  to be back on the path to fitness again I do have 10k Sunday last race of the year but think it maybe a step too far and would rather just get some solid winter training in.....these things happen...

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • What: first run post op with group this evening
    Why: slowly building
    Last hard: 2 games of badminton on Tuesday
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics no
    Well done emzap  :)

Off to Shetland for a few days then down to Mamores half (Glencoe marathon for Elspeth)
  • Good news re. running, ale. Not so good re. funeral ...

Glad you're feeling better, poppy.

Em: Hope your physio is wrong. Disc trouble is the bane of my life. You held that HM together really well, considering the brutal second half.

Wabo: nice session

LMH: Hope the drive went well.

What: 5k run/walk (sticking to 5mins run, 1min walk and using the walk breaks to rewind and make sure I keep proper form) plus some s&c in the gym afterwards
    Why: easing back into it
    Last hard: acquiring a new running style is hard work
    Last rest/ 5/8
    Lyrics: yes
  • Evening!

Funeral went well, thanks: runner from local club. 74. Decent standard marathon and above: Comrades, Two Oceans etc.

What: 5 miles in exactly 30 mins on a-g treadmill at 90 percent. Leg presses shortly! Bumped into the consultant who confirmed that pain is part of the recovery process!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    AH - glad all went well
    Emzap - well done on the half

Short run tonight 4m after a hardish progressive run yesterday

Take care all