Friday 22nd September 2017 Once there was a way

Morning!

Lyrics: Once there was a way
To get back homeward

Woke up coughing and can't get back to sleep.  Just waiting for the preventative lemsip to cool. Other brands are available.

What: may have a short run/walk. And perhaps a fitness suite session.

Why: I'm allowed.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Hung Up by Madonna.

Hope the prophylactic Lemsip worked Alehouse.

Drive was a bit of a nightmare yesterday especially on the way there - torrential rain, localised flooding, rural roads, lorries - was glad to be in Mark's big car rather than my little one. Filled the day although I did get a bit dehydrated, must try harder today and tomorrow.

What:          ever shorter
    Why:           the race draws closer
    Last hard:   realising how short the days are becoming
    Last rest:    15/7

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: rest and doctor
    Why: I did a mile yesterday.  No pain but wow my legs just weren't playing ball.  Listening to my body and resting
    Last hard: keeping going
    Lyrics: yes!

Weather sounds bad yesterday LMH.

Hope you feel better soon Ale

Have a lovely day all.
  • Guten Morgen!
    LmH - sounded like a bad day weather wise 
    Ale - glad you gave him a decent send off

what - easy lunchtime
    why - easing back before Southern relays on Sunday (not that I have any target for that!)
    last rest - last Monday
    last hard - Tuesday

Had an experience I'd rather not repeat on yesterday's run: loop round the Isle of dogs, around a dozen people clustered on a jetty, get closer and the medics are pulling a body out the Thames. Some things you can't 'un-see'.
    Will stick to the park today.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh Dustin not nice :S  Wonder what happened...hope the park has less excitement...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Dustin, oh that's sad :-(
    emzap, some days you get runs like that eh
    lmh sounds a tough drive!
    alehouse wish you better and loving your lyrics!! a favourite

Run with the boy was great last night, only did just under a mile in bits, but we also played football!!!
    What: mile streak saver later
    why: preparing for hopefully a successful 3 hours tomorrow morning
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12

have agreat weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hope the doc has good news emzap.

Never pleasant to witness something like that Dustin.

Hope the long one goes well tomorrow Wabo.
  • Ale: Hope you got back to sleep...sorry to hear about another funeral. LMH, look after yourself.
    Dustin: Indeed, unseeing quite impossible for some experiences. Wabo...looks like you are enjoying. Emz...keep listening
    Lyrics; Nope
    What: Short and easy
    Why: Saving myself for the joy of parkrun tomorrow and too tired for anything else
    Last hard: Round trip to Bala yesterday
    Last Rest: What's a rest? :-)

• Eek, Dustin :o  That's pretty horrid. I witnessed something like that years ago when I used to run along the Thames - freaks you out, doesn't it.

Ale: Hope feel better. Ditto em. Hope the doc has good news.

LMH: rough drive. I hate that combo of rain, country roads and lorries driving like loons. Excited your marathon is coming closer :+1:

What: cycling into work
    Why: nice calm morning and right now I shouldn't be running on consecutive days yet
    Last hard: not running today ...
    Last rest: 5/8
    Lyrics: no

• Afternoon!

What:  1.4k slowly run...plus breaks.

Why: trying to be a runner

And yes, got back to sleep eventually although it didn't seem long before I was up and out of the door for work. 

Fitness suite later for non-weight bearing work.

Hope you survive the 3 hours Wabo

Enjoy parkrun those partaking, plus any other racers. Hope it is not too long before I can run a slow 5k! Fitness was an issue today, although legs were tired after yesterday's a-g session.

And not long now, LMH!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse, glad to hear you ran. I'm fitting a parkrun in my 3 hours.  It works for me!
    LMH good luck at Robin Hood!!
  • It will soon come back Alehouse.

Thanks Wabo. Today I have mostly been eating............
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH don't blame you, I'm really trying to get it right for my LSR tomorrow!
  • I happily long run off a breakfast of overnight oats having walked Grace Wabo but I've ended up a little underweight and don't want to be running out of steam at mile 20 on Sunday so I think it's a necessary evil, not that it's all bad. I do find that I need to reduce my fibre intake in the three days before a marathon though to minimise the chance of any issues but I find it hard not to eat lots of fruit and veg as that's actually what I like.