Options

Lightweight shoes - any recommendations?

Hi guys - brief background - I've suffered with shin splints most of my life..I went to minimal shoes instead of massive heel cushioning, and its turned my over pronation into a neutral runner, wish is fab (I was recently video-d on a treadmill etc..) so I am just wondering what recommendations you guys may have for me, for a neutral minimal shoe that you have found works well for you??  Any help on this would be ace, because my sketchers have seen better days now and I can feel aches and pains due to the shoes needing replacement....

Thank you kindly in advance :-)

Comments

• Options
    Hi - similar to me. I've used low drop shoes with some cushioning - Saucony Kinvara (liked low weight but over long distances never quite liked (not quite enough) the forefoot cushioning) - now got a pair of Saucony Freedom (nearly as light but forefoot cushioning is amazing - not soft, just right - as flexible and nearly as light as Kinvara), Newton Gravity (fast but never quite liked the forced nature on forefoot rather than natural motion), Vibram FF (still love the joy of a muddy, offroad run in these), Saucony Peregrine (off road trails, take some road and done ultras in these happily), Newton Leadvilles (bit clumpy but forgiving for mixed road,trail v long runs).
  • Options
    Hi David - thank you for your response!  So in a nutshell I should probably look for Saucony Freedoms or Peregrines then do you think??..
  • Options
    Peregrines are trail shoes with quite aggressive lugs. I've moved from Saucony Triumph to Kinvara recently and am getting on well with them also. Nice and light, ample cushioning and 4mm less drop. Seem to be working well. Go try them on and make sure they fit though. 
  • Options
    Thank you Peter :-)
  • Options
    Nike is worth checking out for the style and comfort. Nike Zoom Elite 9/Nike Zoom Fly/Nike Zoom Streak 6/Nike Lunarglide 9/Nike Zoom Structure 20/Nike Pegasus 34

• Options
    Sub - the Lunarglides - I tried those about 2 years ago but found them too narrow which is bizarre as I have never had any issues with any other trainers ever?!..
  • Options
    I recommend Newton's. I wore one 2 years ago and given a chance would wear them again the next time my shoe decides to give up on me. The lugs on the sole made me felt faster even when I was doing my long runs...