Marathon in 2 weeks and think I have overtrained? Help!

I am a slow but experienced runner. Training for my 3rd marathon (done 30+ halves, endurance tri events etc) so am used to training and being tired. 

I have squished a lot of marathon training in during last 8 weeks plus tried a new diet and started weight training. I did my last long run on Thurs and had horrible experience of going dizzy, faint and whole body started shaking uncontrollably. Had to get someone to come get me. 
I am utterly exhausted, so sleepy and my heart rate now going through roof even if I just walk up stairs. 

Does this sound like over training? Or something more serious?  Should I just do total rest for a few days? A week? Is my marathon out of window now? :( 

Help! 

Comments

• Hi 
    Be safe and have a check up with your GP. It can't hurt. Maybe, though, new diet plus new exercise regime in same timescale as rigorous marathon training has taken your body too far at the moment. You have a good level of fitness so rein the training back for a few days perhaps. The marathon needn't be out of the window! Good luck.
  • It does sound like a blood sugar crash, especially if you've been dieting, but alsoa check with your doc isn't a bad idea to rule anything else out. Had you had much food that day, or during the run? Or even sometimes eating something sugary immediately before a run can cause a sugar spike followed by a crash.
    Marathon training and dieting aren't a great combination, I'd suggest focusing on good quality fuelling between now and race day and you can focus on dropping a few pounds after the race.
  • that's a lot of stressors on a body in one go (weight training, dieting, marathon training). good quality food and plenty of sleep + a check in with GP for reassurance can't hurt