Options

Monday 25th September 2017 - Such a feelin's comin' over me

Morning.

Lyrics - Such a feelin's comin' over me

Sorry to hear your news RFJ.

We actually come home on the 15th Alehouse but I don't think I'll be in any state to run well at Leicester. Mind you the same could probably be said of Abingdon after two weeks of Florida. Thanks for the info - bit of a surprise to be honest, not that it means much in any practical way if you know what I mean.

Legs don't feel too bad this morning. Was planning a nice little recovery run before work but not sure if I'm keen enough to do it in the heavy rain we've woken up to - I'll see what it's like once I've walked Grace.

What:           short and easy or nothing
Why:            it's raining heavily
Last hard:    pacing yesterday
Last rest:      15/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Work This Body by Walk The Moon.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: indeed...and I bet you are, LMH!

Sorry to read your news, RFJ. Having also been broken into recently I understand how you feel: I tried to be philosophical about it as they are only material possessions... mrsRFJ's health is far more important.

What: fitness suite at some point

Why: trying to keep some fitness

Rain here also and due to watch some cricket.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Morning all, 
    Bum news RFJ, hope they find the cause of Mrs RFJ's issue, and hope the scumbags that did the burgling invest the proceeds in a really dodgy batch of pharmaceuticals.
    What - easy run
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 2 weeks
    last hard - yesterday
    After a glorious two days, it was a very wet walk to the station this morning. London too is in the drizzle. 

• Options
    I couldn't stay in, it's only water after all:-)

A bit more than drizzle here Dustin.

Don't fancy your chances with the cricket Alehouse!
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LMH oh wow, you are so good!! Well done brilliant result yesterday, and on getting out today!
    WP glad you were sensible but sorry you had to be! Wish you better soon
    RFJ, that's just horrible to come home to!! Echo what DUstin so eloquently said
    Hope Mrs RFJ is ok soon
    alehouse sorry the achilles is being naughty!
    I did my long run with a park run chucked in, 16 miles just under 3 hours (blimey LMH you did a full in less!!!)
    It was seriously only ok... then I did a 5k race race yesterday in 2 mins less than the park run which is good considering!

What: son is saying he wants to run, so we'll see..
    why: I think he enjoyed it!
    last hard: yesterday race
    last rest31/12
    have a good  day all, me I am not liking this Monday 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Wabo - to recover from your long run and go faster at yesterday's 5k is great.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    thanks LMH
  • Options
    Yes, well done WaboLMH said exactly what I was going to say! Easy couple of days needed, I suspect! And good win at the Olympic Stadium! Didn't think we got the benefit of some decisions v Liverpool.

And you are right re the weather and running, LMH: not wrong weather, just the wrong clothing. Re cricket, they are playing but haven't got that far yet: gardening and cleaning first.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    LMH: Great result yesterday wow indeed well done!!

RFJ: I hope Mrs RFJ finds out what is wrong and she can come home soon.Sorry to hear about the burglary what utter pigs  But I hope the insurance sort it all out for you quickly.

Wabo WOW girl that was a great run you had on Saturday and to go quicker at the 5k race

What: 4 mile run
    Why: All I can manage with wheezy chest
    Last hard: yesterday
    Lyrics: Nope

No rain here a dry sunny day for a change:-)
    Off to go make a lemon Drizzle cake:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that, RFJ. Dustin's comment about the dodgy batch of pharmaceuticals made me smile :)
    Hope they find what causes Mrs. RFJ's pain.

wabo: solid running - you're going really well at the moment.

poppy: yum - I love a good lemon drizzle

LMH: You're made of some stern stuff. Don't think I've ever been able to do anything but hobble the day following a marathon. 11th overall is fantastic!

What: 6k continuous running
    Why: Felt good - getting used to my new running style. My HR has come down massively despite not running much yet so my body seems to be adapting well.
    Last hard: not running more
    Last rest: 5/8
    Lyrics: yes

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse, running with my son so it will be easy today, then a gentle 4 miles tomorrow morning
    WP thanks 

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh the lyrics just popped in my head!!
  • Options
    I obviously don't push myself hard enough chicksta:-) Great that you are seeing progress already.

Lemon drizzle sounds nice Poppy - mind you anything that doesn't move quickly enough seems to be disappearing into my mouth today!
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    thanks for the giggle Dustin, love it.

Thanks all for the comments, Mrs RFJ now home, but still none the wiser regarding the pain. More tests booked, could yet be a stomach ulcer.

Waiting for insurance to get back to me, but now Mrs RFJ is home she has confirmed that jewellery has been taken.

2m on the treadmill earlier and hoping to go to club later - not going to be beaten by the mindlessness of the events of the weekend