Monday 2nd October 2017 Woke up this morning

Morning!

Lyrics: Woke up this morning, can't shake the thunder from last night.

This song always seems to be on in the fitness suite when the rain is hitting the windows. Hope you have had the last of your rain LMH!

What: a short run, hopefully, plus fitness suite

Why: have time to do both, although Achilles is grumbling this morning, as expected following the leg presses yesterday.

RFJ: enjoy your break. Cliff College: I know several people from different faiths who have enjoyed their retreat there.

Emz: I would be suggesting upping your iron intake, also.

Flu jab this morning!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: something short at lunch followed by running club this evening
    Why: starting the wind down
    Last hard: back to work!
    Lyrics: nope

Am taking multivitamin and iron but it's maybe not enough.  Will investigate.

LMH hope you see some dolphins soon (and thanks for the confidence boost regarding my missed miles :) )

Have a lovely day all.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Thanks for the comments re yesterday, 1:34:34 official, 9th V50, 69/980 overall.
    Still a bit jaded so:
    what - easy recovery run lunchtime, this evening meeting re new junior XC league.
    I will not take on any new committee post...
    why - raced yesterday / we quit the big league (often entailed a 90 minute round trip) and a few local clubs formed their own, smaller league within a 15 mile radius.
    Last rest - 4 weeks
    last hard - yesterday

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

Oh boy oh boy!!!!!
    I have a grandson born Friday the day before his mum and auntie's birthday, Reggie Sam Watson weighing in at 6 13!!
    Come back properly later but just wanted to let you know 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Congrats Wabo!  Great news.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Morning again!

Great news, Wabo! And not just on the three hour run! Remember three hours off road is worth more than three hours on it! Hope mother and baby are ok!

Emz:  the girls at the club used to take an extra iron tablet plus 1 gram of vitamin C to help it absorb, every three weeks out of four. Can't remember why!

Asthma clinic: all went to plan and flu jab received. Only down side is since the last review almost exactly a year ago I have put on 6 kilos; I would say that is entirely down to not running since June 24th.

Cooking and ironing and will run/walk when the rain stops. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MORNING ALL
    well I managed to keep my streak alive even with all of this, and long run all off road and very hilly yesterday, 3 hours for 15 miles. Trying not to get worried about 4 weeks time!! But my training is better this time round and I got round in 2013 so I'll be fine
    Thanks emzap
    Dustin well done, that's amazing and you are entitled to feel a bit jaded
    alehouse hope all goes well today

what: 1 mile recovery done this morning
    why: its all I can!
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12
    have a great day all
  • Congratulations Wabo.

emzap - don’t go doing doubles if you’re still feeling tired. I take spatone daily but my iron levels are still usually on the low side.

I hope our rain has finished now too Alehouse though it was quite spectacular.

Keep your head and hand down at the meeting Dustin!

What:           Short and easy
    Why:            Nowhere to run further
    Last hard:    Waiting for it get light enough to run
    Last rest:      30/9

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    oh and I have just done my highest mileage September in at least 10 years if not ever!! I may even top 1000 miles this year and wasn't even trying to do that
    CHeers LMH, enjoy the short and easy, sun is lovely here right now
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Yippeeeeeeeee Wabo!!

Really good news!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    More celebrations Wabo (though I'm guessing the grandson is a much bigger one!).

LMH did 5 km slowly at lunch.  Not feeling so tired today so let's see how I respond to the double.  If I respond badly then it's very very easy for the next 2 weeks.
  • Afternoon!

What: 3.2k run...although there were plenty of walk breaks. Ran my longest section since June though: one whole kilometre! Then short gym session.

Why: being careful and being careful.

Well done on the September miles, Wabo. Looks like my aim to get over 2017k in 2017 won't happen as not much past 1200k. May manage the 1000 miles though!

• No 2017k for me either, ale. Here's to next year :)

Congrats, wabo. Brilliant news.

Dolphins can be elusive, LMH. Hope you manage to find some.

What: just yoga
    Why: have to be sensible and take things easy
    Last hard: being sensible
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday was David Bowie & Pat Metheny This is not America
  • 2 short walks to impressive waterfalls (Steall and Inchree)
    Recovery and still very wet although there have been a few brighter spells.
    last hard: yesterday #199/274  winner came home in 1:34
    last rest: Saturday
    lyrics: no

more senseless news from Las Vegas  :'(