Marathon training plan for half marathon runner?

I did my first half marathon in Cardiff at the weekend. My training in the weeks beforehand, apart from my regular Saturday Parkrun, had involved an 11 mile run and a 4.5 mile run. Now tempted to try and kick on and do a marathon next year (maybe April onwards). I know there's a million different training plans out there but was wondering if there's something designed for those who've already done a half?

Comments

• Half marathon training is almost similar to marathon training with key workouts such as a marathon pace run and tempo run (usually done at half marathon or 15km pace). I'd recommend you read Pete Pfitzinger's Advanced Marathoning. Go borrow it from your nearest library, I am sure they'd have it.

Just to give you a general outlook on how it looks like:
    *Base building phase: Involves little to no speedwork or key workouts - Basically you'll be doing like 2 to 3 long runs and the rest are recovery days.
    *16 week build up race plan: Involves one or two long runs along with one marathon pace workout or tempo run workout and the rest are recovery days.

99% aerobic stuff which means around 80% of your mileage or more should be aerobic work and the rest are a bit faster workouts. It is advisable to get your mileage in and train yourself to go slower because of the increase of mileage you'll be doing.

That about sums it up...