Monday 9th October 2018: Woke up this morning half asleep

StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in Training
Woke up this morning half asleep
Dreich and soggy day in Welshest Wales
Of for a very dry committee meeting in Cardiff and back for dental appointments so
What: Short and easy
Why: All I'll have time for
Last Hard: Yesterday
Last Rest : A distant memory
Hope all travellers are enjoying their experiences and other run or fitness suite well.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Well done weekend runners - SC, LmH & Mark
    Busy weekend so didn't get a chance to post
    Saturday - easy 5 over the fields running in the new Innov8s, junior awards night in the evening. I ate my own body weight in cake...
    Sunday - First Southern XC league race (my club hosted, and the village running club's first event). Plan was to run 'comfortably hard' ahead of next week's county XC, and improve on 90-somethingth place from last year.
    First mile a bit punchy in ~6:40, but eased back to something more sustainable. That said, I was always moving through the field. Surprisingly went past a few of our guys who I rarely see, and finished 66th (male) and 37.24 for 5.4miles. Such were the numbers we had out, I was only 12th finisher for the club!
    Joint first team overall. 
    Village team had a decent turnout, and finished 10th (of 24 teams) which was an excellent result. 
    Topped that off with another 5 miles recovery in the afternoon.

Today - easy lunchtime
    why - recovery
    last rest - 11/9
    last hard - yesterday

• Morning!

Even though I have woken half asleep I recognise the lyrics (perhaps because I used them recently!)!

Yesterday's lyrics were Yesterday by The Beatles.

What: fitness suite plus gardening plus maybe walk a few ks

Why: trying to maintain fitness plus am re-arranging the vegetable plot prior to possible building work. Forecast to stay dry...

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Oh also I have to track down and read the park run response to the RW article on cheating. I read it and thought it was a well written piece and don't think it was at all denigrating PR.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Dustin, agree with you having read all the article on PR.
    Alehouse busy busy , hope you are getting there
    dustin well done to your team! Lots of running for you 
    sc hope dentist goes well and enjoy the short and easy

busy weekend running for me, my local park run I pb's by a minute (not a 5k pb just a course) first my category. And there were 4 this time not 1 in my cat!! ha ha.  Then yesterday I did Tring Ridgeway run. Absolutely glorious, very tough by I loved it and that was my 4th time.
    Lots of grand kid cuddles too!

WHat:  little mile I think...
    why: a bit tired
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    sc well done in your 10k, sorry you didn't get the sub 50 you wanted
    LMH wow 20 mins early that could be a nightmare! But well done you and Mark, great stuff
    WP hope your back is ok today.
    CHicksta wow love your photos!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

SC Sorry race did not go to plan for you yesterday but well done on running the 10k

LMH: Great result for you ad Mark

Chick: lovely to see you running and glorious
     photo's

Wabo: It sounds a great weekend and with cuddles as well:-)

Back is being a proper pain but I am doing all I can and started some lower back stretches.I went for a walk it was slow and a little ouchy so only over a mile walked.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Hope the weather improves for you chicksta - hotter and more humid than usual for the time of year, but I’m not complaining!

Nice racing Dustin, sounds as though your coaching of the village team is paying dividends too.

That was a good result at parkrun and an enjoyable weekend all round then Wabo
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon!

Double well done Wabo! How far was the Ridgeway run? And how quick a course is your local parkrun compared to others that you do?

Not much gardening done as I picked a couple of kilos of green tomatoes so had to make rather a lot of chutney which is now slow-cooking away. 

A walk shortly but it is getting ominously dark. Fitness suite later.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • 16 miles done very slowly, some of it through deep liquid mud.
    Having to up the mileage
    last hard: see above
    last rest: Saturday ( unless you include driving)
    lyrics no even if they have been done recently
  • Such was the excitement at seeing the empty forum afer I woke up thus I failed to remember :-)
    4.85 miles undulating and steady at 10m plus per mile.  OH I aspire :-) Storud half number arrived today....decisions...
  • Yes, I aspire to the deep liquid mud as well!
  • Why do you need to up the mileage OH? More races planned?

I thought you’d managed to obtain refunds on all your planned races SC?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.