How to put kids off sports

With all the fuss about child obesity and unfit kids these days, you'd think they'd be encouraging them to take part in sports. But they took it to the extreme when my daughter didn't have her PE kit - she had to do it in her pants!
How is that meant to encourage participation? 

Comments

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Hi Sal84.  That really saddens me to think that the staff didn't consider the consequences of shaming your daughter (and for something that may not have been entirely her fault).  How old is she?  At my daughters' school, they delve into the lost property box which is usually enough to make them not forget in the future as the kit is so smelly.  Was she even appropriately dressed (if in her pants)?  If you haven't already, it is worth having a chat with your daughter about it all so she can process it without it leaving a bad (and false) association with school sport.  What would she have suggested, instead of what the teacher did, for instance, that may have been a better idea?  I always remind my lot that teachers are also only human and us parents have made many decisions that we may have wished we had made differently in hindsight.  (s)he was probably (definitely!) having a bad day.  We are all human after all.  Hope she is OK anyway.