Saturday 14th October 2017-Almost heaven, West Virginia

Morning

Lyrics:Almost heaven, West Virginia

LMH: safe traveling home today you may feel a little cooler than Florida:-)

RFJ: Happy Birthday to Mrs RFJ

What: small run/yoga/hip flexor stretches/exercise bike
Why: to keep me running
Last hard: sleeping with pain in my hip flexor and quads

Have a great weekend
ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Gah I started the thread this morning and wondered where it had gone. Just looked back and out hadn't posted!

What: rest
    Why: marathon tomorrow
    Last hard: inkling of a cold. Sore throat. Have taken some lemsip and hope it doesn't come to anything more/it's actually in my head!
    Lyrics: nope

Have a good trip home lmh (forecast for 22°C here so may not be too much of a shock!).

Have a lovely day all

• Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's lyrics were again The Beatles with Back in the USSR.

What: may try a little run whilst watching parkrun. Then fitness suite.

Why: have to test Achilles at some stage

Rest well, Emz! I gather it is an early start tomorrow! At least you should be done and dusted before it gets too warm.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: see how LSR goes
    why: increasing mileage
    last hard: Monday
    last rest: yesterday
    lyrics: yes

• Morning again!

What: 1.5k run with no section greater than 300 metres. Will just have to see what reaction there is/isn't!

Where are you up to with ks for the year, OH?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    morning all

recognise the lyrics but not sure...

Emz - rest well and enjoy your day tomorrow as much as you can.

5k to parkrun, 5k parkrun, 5k run back home... job done, parkrun was 21:37 and 40th...

Take care
  • Morning.

Hopefully tomorrow won’t be too warm for you emzap but will fill Nice for me (we fly from here this afternoon and land tomorrow morning hopefully making it home around midday). Enjoy the marathon.

Hope the run went well Poppy.

Likewise OH.

Have a good run at the xc Dustin (though I guess you may be finished by now?).

What:            Short and easy
    Why:              Have to be out of the apartment by 1000hrs
    Last hard:      Thinking about going back to work
    Last rest:       30/9

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • 1589k (987.5 miles) for 2017
    Only managed 10 this morning. Wind was tough and out with 3 faster runners.

Hope marathon goes well, emzap.
  • From Lochaber Mountain Rescue (the rest of last week's story)

" Another eventful week for team. 

Started with a rescue on Ben where family got stranded on summit after father slipped and twisted knee. A guide who was on summit gave the party spare clothes and food and got then into summit shelter. All the boy's toys were out with atvs, softrack and R199 used to deploy and evacuate casualties. The team stretchered the casualty down to Half Way Lochan and the child and two puppies were carried down to same point where the R199 evacuated the young boy and the father was taken down in softtrack. Excellent flying in very poor conditions. The two puppies, Juno and Cassini, were carried down by Asti and Mike. In photo,looking very sorry for themselves on hill and afterwards much happier down at base. 

...."