Options

Tuesday 17th october 2017-I was in a tunnel And couldn't see the light

Morning

Lyrics:I was in a tunnel and couldn't see the light

RFJ: sounds like you are on for a good time at GSR

Chick: good to see you building the runs up:-)

What: a run
Why: because I can
Last hard: lying on hard floor to release pain from hip/back and leg

I hope no damage has been done and all safe and sound after storm.
ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Back To Life by Soul II Soul.

I was just catching up on yesterday - didn't have any time to look at the forum after I'd posted yesterday. Hoping today will be less busy.

Hope you're feeling a bit better today emzap - do you have a sports massage/physio appointment booked?

I'm glad you posted the link Wabo, will try to remember to have a look later. Better to get that bad run out of the way. Is your OH still running Snowdonia?

Sorry to hear your parkrun was so rudely interrupted SC and you didn't get to run the xc. Good that you have a date for the scan now at least.

Really hope your back stops playing up soon Poppy but glad you can run.

Hope your first day back wasn't too bad chicksta.

What:             Maybe a little further than yesterday, depends on how bad the wind is
    Why:              I have more time this morning but no need for big miles
    Last hard:      Catching up
    Last rest:       15/10

Lyrics - no but I know the feeling well.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning

What - club session not sure whether to do xc or track
    Why - Routine
    last rest - 11/9
    last hard - Saturday

lyric - nope
  • Options
    Morning!

What: may try a short run this evening. Or fitness suite. 

Why: undecided...plus work gets in the way

Lyrics: no

Wasn't as windy as expected yesterday, but it was eerily dark until early afternoon except for a pink sun that seemed to give off no light. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Feeling slightly better but not sure I should be at the conference I'm at. At least I can just sit quietly!

What: rest (in conference) followed by oh birthday dinner
    Why: marathon
    Last hard: marathon!
    Lyrics: nope

Leg still very bad, physio booked for tomorrow.  

Have a good day all
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all, pc been poorly lol!!
    LMH no he isn't doing it he just hasn't trained.  His head is in the wrong place with his dad being in care etc. Glad you didn't mind me posting the link you never do know. Reading expert reports re Giselle today has left me heart broken tbh.  Poor girl was let down at every turn and if only they had delivered her sooner (only a few mins) and if they had been resuscitating properly for the first 8 mins she would have had no brain injury.  I can't really take that in and I need to pass that all on to mum and dad you can imagine.

Emzap enjoy the OH birthday dinner! Hope leg settles
    Alehouse hope tonight is ok whatever you choose
    dustin enjoy the club!
    LMH have a g ood run
    WP hope the run eases the back 

What: only 1 mile 
    why: being sensible
    last hard: QoP - I mean she hurt my tight calves so much I question is it good?  See how legs react after a couple of days
    last rest: 31/12 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Had to pull things back a bit as had some pain at op site following last Saturday's 9.5 miler (done at a faster pace than I was comfortable) Gave it a rest for a few days and today's more gentile 5.5 miler went OK.

last hard: obviously Saturday

lyrics no

Still havering over GO33. See how this week goes.

Just had offer of lots of work (2-3 days/week) until March. However, Idon't want to get tied down.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that you are having such a traumatic time Wabo. I hope your running is helping.

Good to hear that you feel a bit better emzap. Hope the physio can help.

Sorry to hear that you had a bit of a setback OH but glad things feel better. The winter isn't a bad time to be doing the work if you're going to.

My longest run since Robin Hood this morning, fifteen miles, not training at the moment just running as I feel and was thinking about doing 10-12 when I set out but apart from the wind being a little strong in places it was a lovely morning to be out running and I had the time so I decided to make the most of it.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.