Still some pain after cortisone shot in hip

<div>Hi all I’ve had pain in the front of my hip for many months.</div><div>
</div><div>I had an MRA scan and it showed a small labral tear.</div><div>
</div><div>I had a cortisone shot 7 days ago to check it is that and not scar tissue from a hernia repair.</div><div>
</div><div>I still have pain in the front of hip, although the pain isn’t as bad, and I feel it settles down quicker than it did if I sit for a bit.

Is this something others have experienced or did the cortisone shot take away all pain of a torn labrum?

Many thanks</div>

Comments

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    Hi dan dunn, had a shot, total pain went after about two weeks (watch out or a steroid flare, very, very painful). However it only works for a period of time. I ended up with surgery a few weeks ago. I had bone spurs as well. Sorry not to be more positive!
  • Thanks yes had the flare! I was worried at first but ok now.

Did you still experience any pain from the torn labrum after the shot?

Im worried even though I’ve had the shot I’m still in pain.

i feel where the pain was a 7 it’s now still a 5

i thought the shot would eliminate all pain completely?

how are you doing after the op was it worth it?

thanks!
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Hi Dan Dunn sent you a PM. 
  • Hello, I am looking for advise...I am a long distance runner who has been running for 20 years plus (also hypermobile) I have just been diagnosed with having tears in both of my labrums in my hips! I am being sent for a cortisone injection next week but I have been told that this has to be done under general anaesthetic. What just wondering if this is the usually procedure? I am also extremely worried about having the operation! Will it be worth it in the long run. I train every day and run up to 60 miles a week, I am not sure that my mental state will take it having to REST!! Would be grateful of any information - thanks in advance :-)
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Hi Leisha, I had mine done under heavy sedation. Susan runs is a blog of a nurse in NY who had both labrums done at the same time, might be worth a read. I do have to say it is a very, very long road to recovery.