Sunday 29th October 2017 - Thinking back, could I feel much older?

Morning.

Lyrics - Thinking back, could I feel much older?

You did it Wabo! I'm looking forward to reading all about it when you've had a big breakfast:-)

Unfortunately the changing clocks seem to have left me getting up as early as I was before our holiday - I just don't seem able to stay in bed of a morning even with a late (for me) night.

What:           easy miles/family Sunday lunch
Why:            sanity/calorie burn
Last hard:    calming Grace when we arrived home (local firework display had her hyperventilating)
Last rest:     15/10

Yesterday's lyrics - Follow Me - Blondie.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    LMH I know that feeling well...hope dinner was good last night (that was the curry right?)

What: resting
    Why: first day we've both been at home for over a week!
    Last hard: parkrun yesterday
    Lyrics: nope

Wabo well done!  Looking forwards to hearing about it in more detail.
    Sorry to hear about Grace LMH 

Have a good day all
  • Morning!

I didn't benefit from the extra hour, sleep-wise, either!

Achilles feels fine this morning after yesterday's parkrun although I know I'm not completely out of the woods yet. Legs ache in general though which shows how they currently have got out of the running habit.

What: fitness suite

Why: continue to put weight through the Achilles

Lyrics: no

Hope your legs aren't too bad this morning, Wabo

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Well done, wabo :+1:

Poor Grace. Hope she settled.

Rest well, em.

Sounds positive, ale.

No lie in for me either. Bad night with shivers and fever and then a storm hit the house. It was much heavier than the one that killed 7 people at the beginning of October but luckily the trees have shed most of their leaves and it was in the middle of the night with less people out and about. No casualties thank God.

I'm feeling for those running the Frankfurt marathon today. It'll be a tough race.
  • Curry was really good thanks emzap.

We had a bit of a weird, wild wind last night too chicksta, fortunately after we were home, it blew over a load of hoarding round a building site. Sorry to hear your cold is developing.

That sounds really positive Alehouse.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Wabo: We look forward to race report the race is on S4C today 1630hrs

No run groin niggle stopped me so I used exercise bike for an hour instead.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Afternoon!

Yes, overall promising, LMH...but after my leg presses today the Achilles is now tender again, as expected. 

Hope you can manage a mile today, Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ola. Buenos :-) Well done Wabo and all you parkrunners out there. Good effort Dustin. Those under the weather hope you feel better soon. parkrun yesterday was a pleasing 23.50 and no SVT so a couple of weeks in the sun andI could get back sub 22 pre-op as long as Achilles holds up. I used to do a lot of step/bike pre diagnosis and since coming back have done v.little. I'm coming to the conclusion that may have a hand in Acilles probs so
    What: 30 mins stepper and 30 mins bike
    Why: working on the calves
    Last hard: Yesterdays last K
    Last rest: Thursday
    Lyrics: No bells rung.

Looking forard to some report reading but now on to the important bit of holiday eating and drinking by the sea. Hasta la huego :-)

• 7.6 over local hill, less wet than I thought it might be.
    Ticking over until Glen Ogle
    Last hard: maybe yesterday's #wanabeparkrun with one of our group on my heels most of the 5k
    lyrics: no idea

hearing accounts of Snowdonia wistfully ...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Walking like an old donkey but I did it! Only walked about .75 of a mile up that last killer hill. Quads hurt as much of not more than any other marathon and for the first time ever I have had to walk down backwards!! 
    Report will be tomorrow I think im tired! 
    Hope all is well
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Course I did a mile all alehouse, painfully
  • Well done on that painful mile, Wabo!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

I have to say as I walked to the start I felt so nervous I really questioned why I was there! But as soon as I started I seemed to settle straight away and just got on with the job. Apart from a niggly need for a wee, or nerves??  Maybe a mile into it a woman crossed in front of me nearly took me out!!

Anyway I carried on first maybe two miles are pretty comfy but I know what's coming! A friend from another club come alongside me for a while and then we got the first climb, up to pen y pass which is about a 2 mile climb and my friend powered on while I plodded. I'd be lying if I didn't admit here that I was kind of saying that's it no more marathons for me at this point! You get to the top at about 4.5 miles, drink of water then down hill we go. I was happy then my feet had started to go numb ( Achilles tighten on uphill I think) . At this point I met a guy from the, Pete Thomas 6. We ran down that hill together till about mile 7 ish. I felt pretty comfortable and was liking company. I had been told by the mate I met on the up hill that at mine 9 there were loos. The need had not gone. Pete said the pace was not right for him so I carried on towards 9. It was 10 actually and I just decided I should stop for comfort! I knew Peter had probably passed me now, I saw him again a couple of miles on and then went by said hello and kept going.

Beddgelert at mile 13 was amazing! I love it there, also the is something good about half way, heading back. But it was the next climb, it went on till about 15.5 miles and I kept jogging up. At this point I met t rex and mcilly I think was her name. T rex was on his second time round!!!

A few runners said well done for running up here which was so nice. From 15.5 I could only think of mile 22 and the toughest part of the whole route for me. It was the toughest part in 2013 for me with feet issues stopping all the time stretching. So I took on board isotonic, water gels and just did everything I could. My calves tightened at about 18, I added half a nuun tablet to the next two waters and run through it. Still passing people I really felt happy!

Anyway then we hit 22, I felt the best plan was to try so hard to keep jogging up I just felt my  legs might seize up like in 2013. It was hard everyone was walking, t rex had bounded past me at some point, amazing. A woman walked faster than I was running saying, everyone walks up here. Now at 22.8 I just had to walk. I walked till about 23.6 but power walked which seemed to keep the legs ok

I started jogging again, don't know how! Hit the final feed station at maybe 24+ miles and they had tea!!! Oh my, I shared a cup with a guy as they were running out. Cracked on knowing it was soon going downhill. All of a sudden I hear 'stina!!!! I cannot believe my oh had got himself all the way up there with a tiny bottle of red wine, I did have a hug and a swig, he yelled me on urging me to be careful it was steep now down to finish and very slippy he said. Oh boy was it and you could not get a grip! At about 25.3 you finally hit tarmac again, but so steep I have no idea what style of running I had then!

Then I can see the high street the steepness is less and I am sprinting down smiling shouting yay!!!!

I'm going back
    Gosh that's so long sorry
  • Sorry Wabo, report far too short! And I'd need a large bottle of red wine! Sounds far too tough! At least all the other races that you do will be easier! Hope tomorrow's mile is easier than today's!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
     :):)  
  • Relived Snowdonia vicariously through your report , wabo. Thankyou.
    TRex is a legend.
    I think it was 2015 that the SC4 documentary had juxtaposed all the clips of the runners falling on that final hill down.