Saturday 4th November 2017 Stop watching the news

Morning!

Lyrics: Stop watching the news!
Because the news contrives to frighten you

Should have got yesterday's, and re today's, I wish the title were true!

Another night of only a couple of hours of sleep. Can't put my head on the pillow it hurts so much!

What: was going to help at parkrun with perhaps a gentle run but may not

Why: weather is poor and I don't feel great

Off to bed to try again shortly!

GO OH!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - On The Streets I Ran by Morrissey.

If it is the GO33 today I hope they don't have the heavy rain that I woke up to!

I don't think you should be in pain like this Alehouse - maybe give your dentist a call? Hope you managed to get some more sleep.

What:          was supposed to be a LSR with P but may postpone
    Why:           the rain is torrential, no need to make it any harder than it is
    Last hard:   I'm still finding sleep a bit hard to come by
    Last rest:    15/10

Lyrics - of course.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Very wet here, LMH. Hope the weather is better in Scotland!

Have phoned the emergency dental service and am awaiting a call back...
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope they can help, ale. Surely it's not supposed to hurt like that.

Fingers crossed the rain clears, LMH.

cold but dry here.

What: 5 miles
    Why: an experiment. Been running every day so far this week. Next week it's back to being sensible. Hopefully I can go back to strength training when the stitches are out.
    Last hard: coming to terms with being slow
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: no
  • Ale: Ouch. Hope you get sorted soon. Chickst, look after that hand. LMH enjoy whatever whenever you get to do. Here until Monday but flying mid-morning. Big mistake today. Tried a treadmill...OWOWOW my Achilles did not like that at all. Bad news as it's prsisiting down here.
    What: bike and step
    Why: See above
    Last Hard: Choosing that bar
    Last Rest: That bar...1 pint turned into three (fell into bad company :-) )
    Lyrics: I believe so
  • Just back from emergency dental treatment. Dentist said I had an infection where tooth was removed so cleaned up the area and put on some sort of antibiotic patch. He wouldn't comment on pains elsewhere.  "I only deal with mouths." 
    I may have to see someone else as well.

Sorry to hear about the Achilles, SC. I blame the weather. 

Rest day here in the circumstances. 
  • Could be deferred pain Alehouse but there's always the walk in centre if sorting the tooth doesn't seem to have settled it.

I bet you're a long way off slow chicksta. How has everything stood up to running every day?

Enjoy the rest of your holiday SC.

Rain persisted heavily until just before 1000hrs, P had already decided to defer so I went to get changed and go out on my own and came down to find it raining heavily again. I was bored by this time though so put a waterproof on and set out regardless and was rewarded by the rain stopping almost immediately. Breezier than forecast and I wasn't really too warm in my jacket fortunately. Didn't feel great when I set off (perhaps it having been so long since breakfast?) so thought that the 10 I had in mind might become 8 but as is often the case by the third or fourth mile I was feeling better and I remembered that Mark and I are going out for coffee and cake this afternoon so I ended up with 14 miles. I'll be running on my own tomorrow as P went and broke himself on a 6 mile run this morning.
  • Sounds a decent run in the end LMH...and hope P is ok.

Will leave pursuing anything else re tooth until tomorrow. Don't seem to be any walk in clinics around here: all done by phoning 111, as was the dentist. 
  • Afternoon

Ale: I had the same  after an extraction and needed  antibiotic patch on hole and pain killers.

LMH: Glad the rain stopped for you to run but bad news on P!
    SC: Ouchy ouch on Achilles I hope the rain stops and achilles eases for you

Chick: you are not slow at all:-)

What 5 miles
    Why: Because body said okay lets try this
    Last hard: The allergic reaction to a small glass of wine on Thursday night which fetched on asthma  etc. No more wine for me seems I am allergic to sulphites!

Lyrics : Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Achilles settling post v.short treadmill. Hmmm. Leave that for a while. 9 mile stroll and only one beer involved. LMH I love your random thoughts and runs. Ale, hope it’s easing. Bit Ellie Brooks post lunch, Sunshine after the Rain, but very breezy
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

milestone day today as hit 400 parkruns, so you could say I have a slight addiction... 20:56 today so happy with that

A couple of pics below - after wards and also my milestone t-shirts to date

• Well done RFJ! A big commitment! 
  • T be honest I think about cake a lot SC!

Be careful with the asthma playing up Poppy.

Strange arrangement Alehouse, must be a pain to have to go through 111 for everything.
  • Slow plod around 33 miles but got to the finish line. Cool with a few heavy showers but beautiful and atmospheric as always.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Well done, OH! 33miles is a long way...and a big chunk towards 2017! Hope you can enjoy the ceilidh!
    When do you fly to NZ? 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    top work OH , really well done!
    Neat mile stone RFJ, I'm still around 390 behind you...
    Ale - ouch ouch ouch, hope you get some rest and sleep this evening

What - 16x1minute shallow hill reps (on grass turning to mud in the rain)
    Why - xc training
    last rest - 11/9
    last hard - today