Options

Wednesday, 8 November 2017 - I've nothing much to offer

Morning :)

Today's lyrics: I've nothing much to offer
There nothing much to take

Yesterday's were Jethro Tull, Locomotive Breath.

Off to gym shortly.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

I'm enjoying not having to come up with the lyrics chicksta - thanks. Hope the return to work wasn't too bad.

Hope you're feeling better Alehouse.

What did you see at the pictures OH? Sounds as though you're looking forward to your trip - not that I could think why you wouldn't be!

What:             short and easy
    Why:              all I have time for on a Wednesday
    Last hard:      sleeping
    Last rest:       15/10

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning
    What: currently waiting in airport for flight to Amsterdam.
    Why: business meetings today and tomorrow in the Netherlands.  Coincidentally 2 of our friends from Germany now live in the same city as today's meetings so get to catch up with them too.
    Last hard: work, business travel, I'm currently feeling like the walking dead.
    Lyrics: nope

Have a great trip oh!  
    Chick how's the hand feeling?
    Ale how's the head, tooth, Achilles (did I miss any)?
    Wabo hope race went well and it stayed dry.

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    Morning!

Yes, sure you must have missed something Emz
    Guess there is a slight improvement all round: worst feature this morning is a sore throat, which is never the best when teaching! Have to visit my own dentist late afternoon.

Enjoy your trip, Emz, even though it is a work one!

Looking forward to the NZ reports, OH: have a great visit!

Race report, Wabo?

What: possible fitness suite

Why: being careful with health, hence only possible.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    oh boy, alehouse! I had no idea what to expect last night, it was raining and the warm up told me running down hill would hurty! It starts on a hill and the first time up it I was a bit puffy, then down hill and the legs were fine, round and back up that hill again.  I thought well this isn't Snowdonia! Onwards and upwards, down the hill again and then you go out and round a big loop that isn't too hilly in fact it is the bit I usually catch up and overtake.  I did feel very tired at this point and told myself the marathon was only 10 days ago!!. Anyway back up that hill a 3rd time and I really didn't feel it, back down and up another one (we do 7 hills in total). Now on the final loop and I was overtaking and feeling really good! So as I approached the finish and that hill for the final time (yes it finishes on a hill).  One young girl from another club says 'is this the last time up this hill?, I say yes and she said brutal!! We were neck and neck up the hill, helping each other when my club mates heading to the start of the men's race start shouting out go on wabo, UTM etc etc and for the last 100 metres up I sprinted and beat her!
    Anyway I was sure I was slower that last month, I must have been...Oh no a lovely 30secs quicker!!!
    emzap enjoy the trip especially catching up with friends
    LMH enjoy your short and easy
    Chick enjoy the gym, lyrics no
    Alehouse take care
    what: another race tonight this time 10k but with the option of making it 5k and still getting my November medal
    why: medal all about a medal tonight lol
    last hard: last  night
    last rest 31/12
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Well raced Wabo - great result. Hope you have a good one tonight too.

Nice that you get to catch up with your friends emzap. Hope work doesn't take too much out of you.

Good to hear that you are feeling a little better Alehouse. Hope improvement continues.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Wabo - super work, and great improvement on time so soon after Snowdon! Good luck today
    Safe trips EMZ & OH
    Ale - good to see you're feeling a bit better today

What - steady lunchtime, coaching tonight
    Why - 6x800s on grass in torrential rain last night / offered to do it
    last rest - 11/9
    last hard - last night. Pushed pace throughout but couldn't sync garmin so no idea how the splits were. 
    Lyric - not sure

• Options
    Ale: Heal well and keep us posted. Enjoy the work/travel Emz/OH. Enjoy the steady Dustin. How far do you go on your steady runs? LMH I think your shorts are my longs just now!! Chicksta what regime do you do in the gym? Careful with that scar tissue this early. Wabo, nice post Snowdonia improvement.
    What: Lunchtime bimble. The boys were out with a stranger for a quick 6 yesterday and don't know if any will be up for two in a row
    Why: Need to get back running again after week of gym r'n'r
    Last Hard: getting to work today: Gridlocked for 45 mins at start of journey
    Last Rest: Monday
    Lyrics: Today yes
  • Options

That's so brilliant, wabo :+1:  Especially beating that youngster >:) Hope tonight's race also goes well.

Em: Enjoy the trip. Nice to have people to visit and combine business with pleasure.

Ale: Oh no - not a sore throat on top of everything!

LMH: Did you get rid of your sore throat the other day? I'm happy to come up with lyrics every now and again if I can remember to start the thread. Sometimes I'm too scatter brained to do so ...

OH: I'm jealous of your trip. Thinking about NZ just brought back very fond memories of our trip there in 2008.

What: pretty much the same routine as yesterday (7k treadmill, 30  mins core)
    Why: time and body constraints - still can't do any weights as yet
    Last hard: rough night sleep again
    Last rest: 29/10

• Options
    Afternoon!

Wabo: obviously you have great powers of recovery! Either that or you didn't run Snowdonia hard enough! Well done last night and hope the legs cope this evening!

Only worked a.m. today so just contemplating if I am up for some low level training of some description!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    "Good bye to Christopher Robin" at cinema yesterday.
    Now in Aberdeen for flight at 10:40 tomorrow. 
    Strange feeling going so far and so long without Elspeth. Worse for Elspeth.
    Lyrics no

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I couldn't walk last week lol alehouse, I have done some tai chi maybe that helped lol
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Unfortunately not chicksta but it is just persisting as a sore throat and hasn't turned into anything else yet.

Would you recommend the film OH? I did wonder if you'd persuaded Els to fly but thought it unlikely - I guess she'd have struggled to get the time off work anyway? You mustn't let it spoil your enjoyment of the trip though.

Dustin - that must have been a difficult session in the rain.

Welcome home SC. Hope you persuaded the boys out for a bimble - and told them off for running with someone else when they should have known you'd want the company today!
  • Options
    Slow bimble 5.35 @8.35mm on my own. They wimped out :-)

• Options
    I enjoyed the film although it could make you see WTP in a different light.