Options

Monday 20th November 2017 - You follow your feelings, you follow your dreams

Morning.

Lyrics - You follow your feelings, you follow your dreams

We are forecast a wet and breezy morning, not my favourite running conditions but then I'm unlikely to get those in an English winter:-(

What:            easy miles
Why:             I'll feel worse if I don't
Last hard:     feeling enthusiastic
Last rest:       15/10

Yesterday's lyrics - That's Entertainment by The Jam.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning lmh, thought I'd be early enough to give you a break but you were up very early!

What: running club
    Why: is Monday
    Last hard: the knowledge of going back to work today
    Lyrics: nope.

Have a lovely day all
  • Options
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hope you don't get too wet, LMH!

Working from home, Emz?

What: short run/walk plus drills

Why: being careful and following instructions.

Lots of ironing, cleaning and marking books to be done also: probably that it is wet here, also.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale I nearly always work from home.  The travel recently is unusual (well so much of it anyway).  Saying that, I'm in Germany for 2 weeks from next Monday and Sheffield one day this week...
  • Options
    Morning again!

What: 2.2k run with just two short stops to walk down a short rise and to negotiate some steps. Achilles felt fine...but general fitness and breathing is not good! Even if not injured it is going to take a long time to gain full fitness! Calf raises and drills completed, so that is over a day's rest until the next session tomorrow evening. 

Was damp out, rather than wet...and warm. Wore far too much, which is not a bad thing!

Enjoy the club night, Emz!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    We're usually up around 0530hrs in the week emzap. Enjoy club tonight.

Alehouse - that sounds positive after yesterday. Your fitness will come back quickly once you're able to run consistently. I was fortunate - the rain held off until I was walking home at the end of my run.
  • Options
    Morning all
    Weird weekend. parkrun sub 25 with 2 minute SVT timeout then off to turgid game of rugby in Cardiff. Painful beyond. Castle Combe 10k Sunday and despite a pit stop for SVT sub 46. Running time was sub 45.Scan tomorrow then onwards and upwards I hope.
    LMH, such an early riser. Ale Time, time, time. Get well soon. Emz...you do go get around. Dustin I am in awe of your regime(s)Hope all ill and injured feeling a bit better. 
    What: Nothing
    Why: Still uncomfortable from Sat/Sun and scan tomorrow
    Last hard: Yesterday's 10K
    Last rest: Blanked out already
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about the ACT issues over the weekend SC, but glad scan is tomorrow.  When do you get the all important results?
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Not sure why my phone typed ACT, not SVT, SC!

Shoes: sportsshoes.com have some decent offers on being Black Friday week, and if you use the code QAC6 in the promotional code box (2nd page when you check out) you get a further 10% and free postage, courtesy of Great Run Local. 

• Options
    Thanks Ale and for discount code: New trail shoes on the way. Christmas present from me to me :-) Results within a week I hope!
  • Options
    Wish I'd known that yesterday Alehouse!

Sorry to hear about the run/race interrupted SC. Hope you don't have to wait long after you've had the scan.
  • Options
    Sorry about that, LMH! What have you ordered?! 
  • Options
    Xmas presents for Mark.
  • Options
    Good running,  SC. Fingers crossed for the scan.

Hope return to work wasn't  too bad,  em.

Once the injury is cleared you'll be surprised how quickly base fitness comes back,  ale.

What: 5 miles on the treadie
    why: miserable day
    last hard: a mile at what used to be MP in another life
    last rest: 29/10
    lyrics: no

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Return to work was OK but wow it's much more relaxing not go go on holiday than to come back to the stress!

Did 3x400 with 400 recovery followed by 3x600 with 400 recovery. Leg couldn't do any more so I called it a night. 9 km in total

Sc hope all is OK

Ale I just bought 2 pairs of shoes last week!
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all

been quite a day, Mrs RFJ has landed for her a dream job as a family key worker in a local Church, been to the vets as one of our cats is unwell and still none the wiser. now feel very fat after a celebratory meal with Mrs RFJ at the local Indian.

3.25m on the treadmill as a recovery

Good session Emzap

SC hope you get the right results for you.

Take care all 

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    hiya 
    late drop in, been busy today - day off but lots of 'house' stuff to do...
    what - 10 miles easy
    why - making the most of it
    last rest - 11/9
    last hard - Saturday