P&D Spring Marathon 2018

Comments

• Ok, ok the consensus seems to be I should switch to miles...  :D (errm where was that conversion thingy).  Sorry HA77... 

So I might do a 6.21mile race on Sunday, or am I allowed to call it a 10k still?  :p
  • MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    AWC, my ongoing calf issues came to a head at the 6.5 mile point at Hayling. Shouldn't really have been there after struggling at Gosport but stupidly tried to push through. The left one is definitely strained and the right one is also struggling as overcompensated.
    Victory 5 is definely a DNS. Am a little gutted as felt in great form 7 days out from Gosport but the introduction of more interval training has taken its toll.

• AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Millsy: I got tight calves myself after launching into intervals after Abingdon. Luckily they have loosened up and I'm feeling much better now. Hope they heal up quickly.

Hazel: 10ks and 5ks are allowed :) but that's probably about it. Strangely I'm imperial until I get to mile 20 of a marathon and then suddenly I'm telling myself it 10k to go and then at 23.1 its 5k to go  :D
  • Hmmm Im still working in chains and furlongs!!!
    might explain why my training never goes to plan on my garmin!
  • 15West15West ✭✭✭
    9ish mi this lunchtime. Nice to have some dry weather.
    Have been debating whether to follow 55-70 or 70-85mi plan. Am currently running 60mi/wk, so need to start  upping the miles if following that higher mileage plan. May just do the 55-70 plan but replace the long run with the 70-85 version, and maybe add a few miles on the rest day if up for it.

• dctdct ✭✭✭
    Four Villages Half 21st Jan

• Ramjet - P&D 70-85 - 1:23

Wokingham Half 18th February 2018

• Sorequads - P&L 12 week 60-80 - target sub 80
    • Phil - 50-70 mpw - Sub 72
    • Tom-50-70 mpw- loosely following P&L 12 week- Sub 75
    • Jooligan - FJ 70mpw PR & race every w/e A 1:25, B 1:26, C 1:27

Bath Half Marathon 4th March 2018

• 1SteveMac - P&L 12 week - Mix of 2 plans (peaking at 50 ish miles) - Target Sub 84 mins.
    • Tom-50-70 mpw-loosely following P&L 12 week-Target-PB-73:07

Reading Half Marathon 18th March 2018

• AWC - P&D 55-70mpw - Target 1:29

Manchester Marathon 8th April 2018

• RunSpoonRun - TBA but plenty of miles - 2:45
    • Tom-50-70 mpw- Sub 2:45 (If I decide to do it!)

London Marathon 22nd April 2018

• Reg Wand - P&D 55-70 variant - Target 2:39
    • Joe Blogs - Sub 2:30
    • HA77 - sub 2:30
    • Ramjet - P&D 70-85 - 2:55
    • JohnOz - P&D 70-85 variant - 2:55
    • Jooligan - 70mpw & Race hard all year & hope for the best - A 2:59, B 3:05, C 3:14
    • Phil - 50-70mpw no plan - sub 2h30
    • Sorequads - freestyle 6 week plan - sub 2:50
    • AWC - P&D 55-70mpw - Target 3:10
    • 15West - P&D 55-70 - sub 2:50....subject to change.
    • Andy85 – P&D up to 55 variant – target 3:30
    • dct – sub 2:45

Newport Marathon 29th April 2018

• Northender - P&D up to 55ish. - Target 3:20 (please)
  • Fat Boy TrimFat Boy Trim ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Im just doing the P&D 6-7 furlong plan, but will take out the 400 chains recovery run, and sit on my arse instead!
    A chilly 500 chain run for me this lunchtime.

Take it easy millsy, calves take quite some time to get to 100% strength and are easily stained again.
  • AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    FBT: you do make me laugh :)  I can't actually see you on the list with a target time!
  • RamjetRamjet ✭✭✭
    Image result for running in chainsFBT before his run today
  • Rammers, Where did you get that pic of me from!!!!
    AWC , would you like my time in Jiffys, shakes or moments?
  • AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D

FBT: you are certainly good at dodging the list!
  • Fat Boy TrimFat Boy Trim ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    AWC: Go on then...Don't want to be labelled a list dodger...in your units of time I will aim for sub 3:15 (but will have to remove the chains first)
    The fact I have not run more than 7 miles in one go for 6 months means I am playing catch up!
  • How many of those 500 chain runs you been stringing together over the week FBT?
    Did Snowdonia with almost zero MLRs let alone any LRs done in 6 months & it hurt after 14/15M. 
    Get a 10 miler done this week, keep adding a couple of miles each week & you'll be good for the plan by January. That's what I'm banking on anyway. Averaging 60mpw for the last 3 months now with mostly 7M runs though I have done 3 double digit runs this month.
  • RamjetRamjet ✭✭✭
    Nice LT efforts SQ.

Hope your calf improves Millsy.

Impressive early start Davey! I am planning to take a half day off work most weeks so I can do the MLR at a sensible time.

Westy - last winter I did the 55 - 70 plan with an extra easy run on the Monday. It worked for me.

Easy 6 run commute for me this morning. Nice weather now if you can find a way to keep warm!
  • Tom13Tom13 ✭✭✭
    Morning all.

Hope you get that calf sorted asap Millsy.

Nice to see we have another very early riser on the thread. Best time of day dont you think Davey!?

Speaking of early starts I was out at 4:20 this morning. Ran a half marathon at 6:20 pace to try and stay warm! Wore 2 pairs of gloves and my hands were still frozen by the end!
  • Feel your pain Tom, out at 5:45 I did 12 with 10 at 6.08 pace. Hands and head still freezing by the end.
  • Reg WandReg Wand ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I was out at 3:30am in -15c I did 14 miles with 11 at 5:50 pace.
  • Early morning is the best time of the day to run!! Out at 5:10 for 8m with strides, cold out, but wrapped up warm so not too bad.
  • I’m eagerly awaiting the Berlin ballot results too Hazelnut. Frankfurt or Munich are my alternatives if I don’t get a place I think.

Hope the hamstring is ok Reg.

Great LT session SQ, although a shame you’ve resorted to PEDs… ;)

Impressive early running going on. Most people I know think I’m mad to be out of the door at 6:30, but I feel very lazy now.

I had another tempo session today, and quickly regretted not taking up SQ’s offer to join him yesterday when I turned in to the wind for the first time. Thankfully it wasn’t icy at least, despite the forecast suggesting the possibility. I did 2x16 furlongs with 4 minute recovery, and only managed 6:17/mi and 6:22/mi for the two efforts. A bit disappointing but I suppose the wind didn’t help.

Trying not to overthink things too much though, whatever happens at Telford I’ve still had a great year overall and I’ll still be heading in to marathon training in a better place that I have been at the start of any previous plan.

• That's good going Reg, where you in the North Pole on a scadoo?
  • 15West15West ✭✭✭
    Feck me, you lot are crazy. Especially you Reg!
    Got another day off work, using up holidays before end of year, so ran15mi this morning. Really nice morning for it. Very pretty. Going for dosa at lunchtime to celebrate.
    I really need to change my pic.

• That's good going Reg, where you in the North Pole on a scadoo?
    I was actually tucked up in bed. I was dreaming about playing football at a friends leaving do, having mowed a football pitch but tested the lawnmower out on top of my laptop first. It caused a bit of damage to the laptop the stress of which caused me to wake. I managed to get back to sleep though.
  • Whats wrong with you guys!! Is this a competition for who's the most crazy...
    If so i will get up at 2am and go for a run at -20degC, while mowing the grass!
  • HA77HA77 ✭✭✭
    I got up at about 4:30 this morning, just about made it to the toilet, peed on the seat then crawled back into my warm bed.

I didn't bother running until 11:30. Pretty average 16 miles. A bit chilly out.

Did a Mona fartlek last night which was also pretty average. Not to worry.

Myt club has got Martin Yelling coming to give us a talk about marathon training this evening. Should be good. I'll ask him about filling buckets with water.
  • It says a lot about us that we measure ourselves on the earliness and coldness of our runs. Long may it continue!

6:10am start for me, -1C rising to +3C, 12M easy starting at 8:10, averaging 7:30s. My average pace for these runs seems to have come down, although I will consciously not go faster than 8m/m during tomorrow's recovery. 

Shocking aiming, HA, although it did make me laugh out loud. I'm having to wee sitting down in an effort to model this to my 2 year old daughter. She only wants to use the potty boy style. I feel I may be a little off topic here. 
  • Things moving fast on here, nice to see everyone excited about a new campaign. We should probably get everyone added to the Wokingham list - pretty sure there's about 10 of us doing it.

A leisurely 6.30am start for me, and it was nice and sweaty on the turbo trainer in my spare room for an hour. I've been banned from intensity for a couple of weeks so just doing some steady stuff when I fancy to keep ticking over.

As for going to the loo in the night, I always sit down, makes things so much easier. Then you don't need to turn the light on.

Speaking of no intensity, I've got the CTS Dorset half marathon on Saturday. The actual distance is over 16 miles, and it's got 3,600ft of climbing. Am I going to take it easy? I think you lot probably know me too well..  ;)
  • How can a half marathon be over 16 miles? Im confused!!!
  • Hi all

Good luck with the 'half' Joe

Thanks for feedback on the xc. I agree with comments about pacing, that's still something I struggle with.

I'm definitely not a morning runner, but got out for 10 miles this evening which was great fun - I'm enjoying the cold weather.

That's 56 miles for me the last 7 days, which is loads by my standards, possibly a record. Mostly steady pace (target MP + 50 secs or so), except for Sunday's race and 2 x 15 mins tonight a bit quicker than MP, just to get legs turning over.

I'm still feeling fresh, so hope I have broken through a barrier mileage wise. Will have a rest day and an easy day now before park running Saturday.
  • An hour in the gym before work strengthening my glutes then an easy HM round the Forest trails by moonlight after work for me. Longest training run in 8 months! 
  • Reg Wand said:
    I was out at 3:30am in -15c I did 14 miles with 11 at 5:50 pace.
    I win...  I did my run 7 hours before you.    I went outdoors though... not just running a thousand laps of my freezer.