Sunday 10th December 2017 - The handshake seals the contract

Morning.

Lyrics - The handshake seals the contract

Sorry - too bah humbug to go with xmas lyrics yet:-)

The forecast snow hasn't started yet - I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, at least it's usually ok to run on fresh snow. The temperature isn't forecast to get above freezing today and is only going to hit a 'high' of 1C briefly at around midday for the next few days so difficult times may be ahead but I'll take it each day as it comes and hope to be able to get out for a few miles. Need to give the cakes a last feed today and think about marzipan so that will keep me occupied:-)

Hope you were treated for your birthday and have warmed back through OH.

Nice shopping Dustin.

What:            hopefully a MLR
Why:             out for lunch and present swapping
Last hard:     cajoling P round the end of the run yesterday (he hadn't repeated the successful fuelling formula of last week)
Last rest:      30/11
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning! 

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's lyrics were  "Mary's Boy Child," Harry Belafonte,  only because that was the number one on 9the December 1957.

What: unsure 

Why: think I have another chest infection plus Achilles is struggling again.  May do some work in the fitness suite. 

LMH: when will you marzipan the cakes...and then when will you ice?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning all. Belated happy birthday OH
    Ale: Hmm...fitness suite with chest infection? Take care and get well soon
    Enjoy the run LMH
    Yesterday's parkrun was eventful. Runner went over so ED and I had to carry him back up the trail to safety..think he's broken his ankle. Awaiting result. Rejoined the run about 6 mins in and decided to have SVT episode. Time out for valsalvals and off again 3rd time lucky. 33.17 I'll take under the circumstances and today:
    What: Nothing
    Why: Snowed in; At least 10" snow (I might exaggerate could be 9)
    Last hard: Looking at my supplies and thinking "Welly boots and a two mile each way walk to shops?"
    Last Rest: Friday
    Lyrics: No bells ringing Christmas or otherwise. 
    Hope all are safe and warm
  • Morning again! 

No snow here!

Sounds an eventful morning yesterday SC.

What: fitness suite which didn't involve anything strenuous because of chest. Gentle warm up on exercise bike, single leg presses, gluten stretches.

Why: being careful 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Take care out there!

No snow here although flurries nothing is sticking but we had winds and torrential rain with roads,pavements and drives flooded I have never seen so much surface water!

SC:I hope you and the runner are okay and a nice lot of snow!

What 5 miles
    Why: Sunday is 5 miles day
    Last hard running in the rain and wind
    Lyrics: Nope
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Nice going in the circumstances SC. Hope you made it to the shops and back ok.

I'll marzipan sometime this week and ice the week after Alehouse - I haven't narrowed it down any further than that. I really hope your chest infection isn't back.

A bit breezy here too Poppy but no rain - the snow started around 0700hrs and by the time we were back from Grace's walk it was a couple of inches deep, stayed snowing quite heavily throughout my run and when the wind was behind it stung a bit! Still snowing but only lightly now. Forecast for the next few days is cold - a 'high' of 1C tomorrow - so we're likely to end up with compacted ice/snow <<sigh>> Lunch out was cancelled by our friends because of driving conditions:-(
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Sounds like your weather is much worse than here, LMH and SC.  Just a couple of flurries but a biting cold wind.

Sorry to hear you're still struggling with a chest infection, ale.

Oh dear,  SC.  That's an eventful parkrun.

What: 6 miles
    Why: weather wasn't  too bad
    last hard: not doing more coz  I felt good...
    Last rest: Wednesday
    lyrics: yes
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Evening all
    what - 10 miles easy off road
    why - long recovery
    last rest - 30/11
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - yes indeed

non stop rain from around 5am, and that continued much of the morning. Temperature was around 4 or 5c so not too bad to run in. It has got gradually colder and there were a few light flurries of the white stuff this afternoon but it didn't settle.
    Due to remain frosty for a few days more.
  • Weather forecast not brilliant. Looks like an early start to walk into town then get a lift to work and back. Long day ahead!

• What: 7.8 miles down west coast
    why: run suggested by others
    last hard: getting running again ( in cold)
    last rest: Friday after getting home
    lyrics: no

1794k in 2017

• Are you going for the 2017k, OH? Less than 11k a day! In 2014 I had to do nearly 400k in December...and managed it, so I'm sure you can!

Looks as if it could be very cold, and slippery, in some places tomorrow SC

And re marzipan and icing, I will probably aim for Wednesday then the next Wednesday, LMH!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    very heavy snow here, so a fun 2m in it with Mrs RFJ inc snowball fights... :-)

followed up by 6.25m on the treadmill

Good solid Andover parkrun yesterday in 21:02 and 12th in icy conditions

Take care all