Monday, 11 December 2017 - Just as I thought it was going alright

Morning :)

Today's lyrics: Just as I thought it was going alright

Cold,  icy and slippery out there so it's going to be something in the gym today.

Comments

• Morning! 

Lyrics: unfamiliar...but appropriate. 

What: may well be limited to stretching 

Why: feel rubbish! Will try to get GP or asthma nurse appointment.

Hope your mum is improving, Wabo.

Hope weather doesn't interrupt too much training or life!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Everything Counts by Depeche Mode.

Sorry to hear that Alehouse, hope you can get an appointment. The marzipan won't get done on Wednesday due to work, most likely tomorrow or Thursday.

Hope the walk into town for your lift was ok SC.

We have had some more light snow overnight, it's breezy and it's only forecast to get above freezing fr a couple of hours this afternoon - not nice. Once it's light enough I shall walk Grace and see whether a run outside is going to be possible.

What:            whatever I can
    Why:             weather
    Last hard:     looking at the forecast
    Last rest:      30/11

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Forgot to post sat or sun. Did 5km Saturday and 4 Sunday in heavy snow. Roads were clear during my run, but by the time I'd showered and eaten breakfast there was about 4 inches! 

What: travelling home
    Why: all good chocolatey adventures must come to an end.
    Last hard: the snow
    Lyrics: nope

Welcome back oh and belated happy birthday.  Bet the weather's a bit of a shock!

Sc tough parkrun on Saturday. Hope you can get out today.

Have a lovely day all
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Well it was snowing when I left the house but so wet that none of it will settle. Trains running OK which was surprising.
    What - easy run at lunchtime
    Why - recovery
    Last rest - 30/11
    last hard - Saturday's distance
    lyric - don't think so

• Made it into town. Like coming out of Narnia, roads at the bottom clear, if not the pavements. Nice drive to work in back of the A7. Not looking forward to the walk home tonight!
    What: Errr
    Why; Errr
    Last hard: Walk to work
    Last Rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: Yep
    Wabo, hope mum improves. Ale, hope you get an appointment and it's not bad news. Emz...mad as a hatter running in deep snow!.
    Good luck runners and stay safe please.

• What: various bits and bobs (applied for my National Entitlement Card - free buses and 4 free ferry trips a year - sorryAH!). Christmas tree tick.
    Why: catching up
    last hard: yesterday's run ( but not as cold as previous day)
    last rest: Friday  after getting home
    lyrics: no

2017 in 2017 - I'll see how things go...
    Not going to break myself to achieve it. Have 3 full days of work before Christmas starting tomorrow and hope to get a flying visit to dad before some of family arrive home for Christmas.

snow clearing but still cold here. Water temperature in reservoir was apparently 2°C (I had opted out!)

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Afternoon!

Visit to surgery led to another lot of antibiotics. Peak flow 340. Third chest infection in 6 weeks. Suspect the last one didn't fully go. 

Let me know if you fly south, OH! No snow here! Crisp, cold, sunny.

Will just do some gentle stretching this pm before osteopath gets to work on my neck again. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope the antibiotics sort you out Alehouse.

Hope your lift is kind and takes you home this evening SC.

Safe travels emzap.

I know some parts of London had a bit of snow yesterday Dustin as my BiL sent a photo but it didn't look to be anything that would last.
  • That's pants, ale. Hope these ATBs do the trick.

Did you venture out for a run, LMH?

Dustin: Quite surprising that the snow did not affect the trains. When I had to commute to London the trains would cease to run at the first flurry :D

What: 10k progression run on the TM
    Why: too dangerous outside
    Last hard: TM running is so boring but needs must. The progression kept boredom in check.
    Last rest: 6/12

• I did chicksta, conditions weren't great but not the worst I've tried to run in either.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Eurostar cancelled. In a hotel room waiting for another train in the morning...
  • Oh dear, hope you can make the best of it emzap.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Sorry to hear your news Ale. Get well soon. Nice going on TH Chicksta. Emz hope the overnight is okay. OH busy day
    Went to quacks and hospital letter not arrived so no meds yet. Spoke to hospital and planning for 9th Jan.
    Nice walk back from town up the Offa's Dyke path. Just under two miles of constant climb in the snow. Stunning even in the dark. Headtorch worth it's weight in gold as were the wellington boot socks :-)
    Road still impassable out of mine and forecast is -12 tonight! Thaw and rain on Wednesday

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    hi all,

snow still about here, but now getting very icy, colder again tonight

home early as Oreo one of our cats who has been unwell, fell asleep for the last time whilst having his chest drained :-(

Was able to get a short 4.15m run in the slush ice and snow.

Take care