The Thousand Mile Club - 2018

Comments

• A sluggish 13.71 miles yesterday - just could not get going - a bit like England tonight.
    YTD = 1298.18 miles
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

Still tickling out the occasional run here - not often enough though.

429 YTD

• Afternoon all,

Donnie, Great effort on the Park run and a new PB.

Haramnder, Congratulations for getting around another Marathon, funny enough I was running with Kat at Dorney, she is a lovely girl and in the words of the race director Steve "always seems to have a lot to say" on another sad note, her father passed away on Tuesday, I believe she run a marathon with SVN in his memory.

Lilly, Hope you soon manage to get back out and about, how annoying are injuries?

Dubai, Well done just for getting out, I don't care if the humidity is low, running in 38 Degree's is outstanding.

Now as for me, I am still suffering with the groin strain, I had another visit to the therapist this week and have another one booked for next week, I am able to jog without any pain, but not extend my stride, I can only describe it as like I have a dead leg - weird!

21.06.18 - 5
    26.06.18 - 4
    27.06.18 - 4

YTD = 605.30
  • Hey all,

Good luck SenidM with the surgery ... sorry to hear you need it at all.

Well long time no report in, I kept meaning to post but I wanted to do it after I had logged just one more run. However I haven't been out for a week.

I'm away on my hollibags in about 15 hours so I'll be decidedly away from a keyboard for a fortnight, but hopefully I'll manage to do a  bit of running when I'm away. I've been nursing a tender arch in my foot since last friday and of far more concern a severe bout of canny-be-arsed-itis.

I'm sure I'll get back to logging regular miles shortly, but I think mentally I just needed a break.

Good luck everyone with your regular miles, injuries and/or races.

20 Jun - 13.45m
    22 Jun - 5.85m

YTD: 845.74 Miles

• David Charman, Thanks for letting me know about Kat.
    Dubai Runner - just 3 marathons distance and Steven Morrison2, just two marathon distances and you are over the 1000 mile line.
    I have another 690 miles to reach my target of 2018 miles this year - that is 1200 miles less than last year.
    Hard work in the heat today but 10.19 miles including Parkrun has got my
    YTD = 1308.06 miles
  • 30.6 7.36 miles
    1.7 6.71 miles

YTD 948.14 miles
  • 2.7 5.62 miles - craving lots of salt, eating lots of crisps!

YTD 953.76 miles
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

Well done to those still logging big miles in this disgusting heat!

June was a complete shambles for me - a combination of other commitments, heat and a couple of niggly injuries (achilles and knee) restricting me, I only managed 37.5 miles in the whole month! Worst since October 2016.

5 miles yesterday to kick off July though.

434 YTD

• Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Two thread mill efforts and a disappointing 10k on the road, Sunday morning, too hot and didn't really get going. Prepping for the Walkington 10k which is Fri 13th July on a course described as undulating. 

Steven: Enjoy the holiday.

Nell: Still in the states? Hope work has been enjoyable and some running possible. Looking forward to hearing about all things America?

Dubai: Obviously the current heat here doesn't really compare with you, but it gives some understanding, you have my admiration.  

YTD: 574.2
  • Donnie, I’ll be in Ireland and Uk for a few weeks in August, I’m hoping your current weather continues!! 
  • lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    So tomorrow is my first outing in over 3 weeks. Just going to run a few miles and see how things feel! I cannot wait to get back out there... 
  • Dubai Runner - I cannot run either fast nor for too long in the heat.
    13.77 miles yesterday - too hot to run for me, took me 2 hours 37 minutes - I am pacing at Hever Castle n Sunday - going to drop down to a half marathon as I have a full and an ultra in the next two weeks planned.
    YTD = 1321.82 miles
  • Harmander you def have to slow down in the heat and respect it. But running is still possible.
    Just home from night shift, thought about running as it’s a perfect 30 degrees but sitting in my garden with a beer....
  • Oh and good luck Lilly 
  • Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭

Have a good one Lilly, Dubai, very close to the 1000 now.

I waited for a late one last night on the coast path, enjoyed a fantastic sunset on the coast path as the temperatures were dropping, just gorgeous run.

784 miles YTD

• Hello. i'm doing a survey on running and i need it to be filled in by as many people. Any one who sees this, please click the link to do it! thanks :smile:
  • forget it i cant post links :(
  • lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    Hey chaps,

Finally got out again today for a very slow 3.2 miles.. felt really tight everywhere today and calf was still a little sore.. 

Really happy though to have got out and it didnt flair up again which was my biggest concern, just ached a bit..

YTD 338... now to slowly but surely get myself goi g again as have lost fitness and about 80 miles in this layoff..

• At the minute there’s only one marathon a year in the UAE, that’s in Dubai however Abu Dhabi have announced their first ever marathon for December!! Within 3 years they want marathon gold status as a major. 
  • Dubai Runner,

If the new marathon is along an air conditioned route I will be up for it.

• Harmander, it’s in December so winter time, temperatures will only be about 25/26, not like the 47 today!!!!
  • Just 39 for this mornings run Harmander, running on pavement in the heat is not great training for a hilly marathon in Nepal!! 

5.7 7 miles 

YTD 960.76 miles
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    YTD: 586.2

Its hot, well by UK standards! I suspect we're all a little lethargic. I'm still looking towards next Friday at the Walkington 10K. Courses is 'undulating', may have to revision expectations downwards. Sub 48.
  • lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    Second run out today since the injury and felt better and stronger even if I was blowing at the end!

3.3 miles and now at 341.3 YTD
  • Well done to all for going out there - Dubai Runner in particular.
    I did 10.47 miles on Wednesday after the sn went down making
    YTD = 1332.31 miles
    PS - I will be in Runners World (US) magazine feature on pacers next month I am told.
  • Forgot to say I got confirmation of pacing in the Toronto Waterfront marathon (at what I thought was a comfortable pace) and told I will be helping people get Boston Qualifying time.
    I thought, wow, what an honour

Then I checked the age category I will be helping achieve the qualifying time (5:10)

It is for women over 75 and men over 80

lol
  • 10.50 miles including Parkrun today makes
    YTD = 1342.81 miles
  • Hey I'll look out for that feature Harmander, occasionally pick up a RW. And what an honor to pace in Toronto, well done!

Lilly, glad to hear you're back out.

6.7 3.13
    7.7 5.49 (went out at 9pm but was still 40 degrees, at least it was dark)

YTD 969.38 miles
  • Inching towards the 1000, although I hear the treadmill calling..

8.7 3.23 miles

YTD 972.61 miles