The Thousand Mile Club - 2018

Comments

• Morning,

Hobie, Great work passing the 900 mile mark, had a quick look at the Narbeth Nobbler, not only 3000ft of elevation but as you say "added Wolves" It does seem like a bargain at £26.00 though.

Donnie, Good luck with the upcoming longer runs, they can be a chore at times.

Lilly, Great 5K time, glad to read the leg is still improving.

Harmander, Well done on passing the 1500 mile mark, great effort as always.

Dubai, Hope you enjoyed London!

As for me another week with only a couple of runs, however I managed two gym sessions and 1.5K in the pool.
    I believe my leg is now back to normal, so will be returning to normal mileage with a slight increase shortly so I am ready for October's Ultra.

05.08.18 - 6.25
    08.08.18 - 6.25

YTD = 706.50
  • Hey fellow 1000 milers,

Excellent running folks, I have been quietly lurking and following the thread with interest - yes that was me peering from the bushes ;)

My return to running following my turned ankle was a bit of a false dawn, it was still pretty niggly so I gave it an extra day and then my oppposite knee started to give me jip. So, I elected to rest until I felt more comfortable. Then I got a horrible something - sniffly, achey - unpleasant which was followed by a nasty little 'sore' somewhere that chafes if you move. Before I knew I hadn't run in 3 weeks - not good.

So I'm back out now - feels like I'm almost starting from scratch working on getting my mileage back. Here's hoping that I'm going to get back into the swing of things.

07 Aug - 4.35m
    09 Aug - 5.85m

YTD: 873.19 Miles
  • ahmed11,
    What's all the advertising about?
    Not relevant on this forum matey
  • Harmander, I am guessing you don't fancy a T-shirt or two thousand then?
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    10k on the treadmill so YTD: 667.0

Steve M: Great to see a post from you, just need Nell to get the gang back together.
  • David Charman,
    I think I have enough T shirts already and probably more than those flogging them have hot dinners.
    Traviss said he is going to choose a slightly challenging course at Gravesend - I got Thames Meander on Saturday.
  • Harmander,
    How nice of Traviss, what a lovely fellow. Enjoy Saturday's Marathon, weather looks about right for a nice outing by the Thames.
  • Last chance for a pacing oportunity at Richmond Runfest half and full marathons.

I am looking to fill in the following gaps:

Full mrathon
    3:00
    3:15
    4:30

Half
    1:45

Let me know before Man Utd face Leicester on Friday night.
  • Afternoon all
    Thanks for the offer Harmander but I was staying with friends in the Cotswolds, beautiful area made even better by great weather. Now in County Antrim at my parents and the weather is cold and wet.

6.8 3.46 miles
    8.8 4.02 miles 
    Not too far as far too much champagne was consumed
    10.8 5.94 miles at 0700, 11 degrees! Shivered and goose bumps for first mile. I don't know how you guys run in such cold temperatures, probably explains the injuries, don't think my muscles warmed up.

YTD 1071.46 miles
  • lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

Lovely run in the rain today, first time in ages and it was cooler and much more refreshing!

4.41 miles today

402.91 YTD 
  • Well done on breaking 400 miles Lilly.
    Dubai, just when you get used to 11 degrees you'll have to go back to the heat... Which is worse? 
    Club social run of 7 miles ending at pub overlooking the beach. And a hilly 10k this week... So far.
    919 miles YTD. 
  • Did two runs this week, absolutely loved the rain. I will add up the total after Thames Meander tomorrow
    Jameswalker566 - this forum is for runners not walkers - you must be as fake as your fake papers - go away little dipstick
  • With 10.48 miles on Thursday and Thames Meander earlier today my
    YTD = 1581.69 miles
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭

Trying to up the miles as I've said an October marathon where I'm aiming for sub 4 and a September half with a sub 1.45 target. 
  • Hey 1000milers, (and Bots, scammers, counterfeiters etc...)

Nice goals there Donnie2 I wish you the very best of luck with both of them.

I'm finding 'getting back into the routine' a tough one right now - there always seems to be a distraction/excuse of some kind - but I got myself back out this morning. Faster than I had planned, but just couldn't behave myself.

14 Aug - 8.3m

YTD: 881.49 Miles

• lilly61lilly61 ✭✭✭
    Quick update, after a few days of getting slammed at work so no running today I got out twice.

So I ran 3.22 miles in the morning and then 3.4 miles in the evening.

YTD 409.51 miles
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    Well done all - keep going!

A handful of runs in recent days now sees me up to 511 YTD.
  • Lilly61,

I agree, work and life generally gets in the way of running, 

10.48 miles on Tuesday makes
    YTD = 1592.17 miles

Will get over the 1600 miles mark later today  (hopefully).
  • Cracking social run last night, bit of road, bit of trail on the coast path...couple of laps & ended in the pub...Joy.

930 miles YTD 
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    YTD: 696.9

First 'double figure' road run in a while (10.4 miles in 88 minutes), happy enough. 
  • Enjoyed 8.87 miles in the blustery rain
    YTD = 1601.04 miles
  • Morning all,

Well temperatures have dropped this week and with cloudy skies I had to use my headtorch for the first time in a while, still pretty dark at 5.15am yesterday.

Dubai, Glad you enjoyed the trip, 11 degrees is sub tropical - lovely, how do you manage to run in 40 degrees is beyond me.

Lilly, Well done on passing the 400 mile mark.

Steven, Nice to see you are out again, have you got anything planned for later in the year?

Andrew, Great work passing the 500 mile mark.

Donnie, Very respectable time for 10.4 miles, good luck with the training.

Hobie, I seem to notice a theme with your running, "ending in the pub" :)  

Harmander, How did the Thames Meander go, am I right in thinking that is the one where you get wet if the tide is against you? Have fun at the cyclopark, my turn Tuesday. Just to let you know Kat has managed to break her ankle this week so will be out for a while - I get the feeling she is not to happy about that!

As for me 3 runs to log plus a gym session and 1.5k in the pool, I have the cyclopark challenge on Tuesday which is an 8 lap event for marathon distance, it is a timed event so you can run 1 lap or as many as you want within the 6 hour limit, as it is a week day I am guessing it should be quite a small field, probably around 50-60.

10.08.18 - 6.25
    14.08.18 - 10
    16.08.18 - 6.25

YTD = 729
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

Thanks David - you are doing well and moving along nicely well ahead of schedule. Do you feel like transferring a few miles to me?!

I have plodded out another couple of runs this week, and have another planned this evening. Am at 515 YTD currently

• Andrew,

Maybe not from me, but there is a chap called "Harmander" who has a whole 601.04 spare :D
  • 11 degrees or 40 degrees? Somewhere in between probably, off to Istanbul on Monday for 4 days before heading back to Dubai. Looks to be around 30 during the day and mid 20s first thing, so hopefully will get some running in.

13.8 7.08 miles
    16.8 5.7 miles

YTD 1085.24 miles

• Quick hill run between the showers

4.78 miles

YTD 1090.02 miles
  • David Charman,

Sad to hear about Kat's injury. Yes that's the race but weather was hot and tide was OK.

I decided to do the equivalent of two Parkruns plus the Parkrun itself in addition to running there and back - this totaled 13.3 miles making
    YTD = 1614.34 miles.

I have an idea to make my totals meaningful next year - I will not count the race distances.  If I applied that now my totals would be 1200.98 miles and 413.36 miles for the races. So I am only a little over 100 miles ahead of Dubai Runner. 

Any views from anyone?
  • I think you should count racing and training miles

Didnt run this morning and about to have Guinness- so looks like a rest day...
  • Couple of coast path runs (bypassing a couple of pubs) nice conditions with a bit of drizzle to help keep cool. 

946 miles YTD.

• Nearly there Hobie!

8.04 miles

YTD 1098.06 miles