The Thousand Mile Club - 2018

Comments

• 3 more miles this afternoon - 577 YTD 
  • YTD: 789.9 + 14.2 = 804.1

Been out after work for a long run at marathon pace (2hr and 3 for 14 miles), which on my own, after work, around a man made lake with lots of tight 90 degree bends and without  a drink leaves me happy enough. 
  • 5.05 miles

YTD 1230.85 miles
  • Morning,

Donnie, Great run at the Vale of York, fingers crossed for an easy sub 4 at York shortly.

Hobie, I have to agree on the head torch, the last few weeks I have needed one in the morning, I love the crisp feel in the air first thing, whilst running in the dark.

Andrew, Good consistent runs , well done. 

Harmander, Lets hope Nell is okay, she doesn't seem like the sort of girl who would just have stopped running.

An enjoyable week of training for me, trying to push the mileage up slowly as my Ultra is only 3 weeks away on Sunday - gulp!

10.09.18 - 6.25 (Standard road 10k)
    11.09.18 - 12.5 (Long & Slow @ 90% marathon pace)
    13.09.18 - 6.25 (Fast finish 1.25 miles)
    14.09.18 - 6.25 (Intervals, 15 x 200m @ 4.30km)

YTD = 855.15
  • Thanks David. You are fast closing in on the home stretch now, 1000 by the end of October?

4 more here this afternoon, so 581 YTD 
  • 7.35 miles this morning

YTD 1238.2 miles

• Did my usual upside down taper by running 13.71 miles yesterday and an extra 1.7 (making it 11.97) miles over my usual Saturday run including Parkrun today.
    The result is my
    YTD = 1833.63 miles.
    Richmond Runfest Marathon in the morning.
  • A quick run out in the park today at 3.4 miles which puts me now on YTD 464.68
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Dubai...well done on your steady miles; don't know if I could cope with that climate for an extended time. Have enjoyed running in that part of the world, in the past, but just 'passing through'.
    Lilly...good to see the miles being put in; even with your work schedule.
    Donnie...your 14' run looks useful. Plans for next 4wks?
    Hobie and David...have never used a headtorch for running but being retired I usually have the luxury of choosing my time.
    Andrew...good to see your miles mounting up.
    Harmander...Richmond is a great place for running, but have only done one 10k in the park, although I've done the Thames Meander a couple of times.

Only two runs for me this week, post marathon; 10k and 10' bringing me up to1109 YTD. May have to take it easy for another few days as I've come down with a cold (a real one). I know that the system can be left a bit low pre/post marathon, but I've usually managed to come through. Not this time; it's a fine line. On the positive side, recovery has been great. Happy running.
  • MrM2, running in the dark with just the meters in front highlighted by a headtorch gives a whole different feel to your run, can highly recommend it...especially on a trail.

Weekend away for us with daughter visiting Birmingham Uni...very impressed by both Brum & the uni...currently top of the list. But I failed to get any miles in while away so snuck in a few miles when I gor back from 4 hour drive.

1070miles YTD
  • Hi-de-hi campers,
    Dubai - my brother in law uses a 235 and he's pretty happy with it - still working nearly 2 years on. I use the Garmin 735 (I had this mad notion about doing a triathlon, and wanted something that would log swims) I'm pretty happy with it, in 18 months of use it's only gone glitchy once. Although I have lost confidence in the watch in the pool if I'm honest (I was drying water out of the case - round the buttons - for an hour after). Nice running as always mate.
    Donnie2 - Nice work on the Half, excellent time - glad the keys all worked out in the end.
    Hobie1495 - No head torch for me yet, running in the city there is just so much ambient light, even when I go through the park.
    AndrewD - Nice consistency sir.
    Harmander - I love it, 14 miles recovery run - still going strong ... superb!
    DavidC - Your training looks like its going exactly to plan, good work, i look forward to hearing all about the Ultra mate
    MrM2 - glad the marathon recovery is going well, excellent news.
    Lilly - you sound like you are getting back into a nice rhythm, do you have any target for the end of the year? You look nicely on course for 1000km.

As for me, after a decent run last Sunday where I felt fine, I was struck down with the bubonic Asian river-fever man-flu and just wasn't able to get myself back out the door until yesterday. My nose still closely resembles a tap at the moment, but I think I'm over the worst of it. Especially as its only two weeks until the race. It really is going to be a run into the unknown lol.
    09 Sep - 8.25m
    15 Sep - 10.05m
    YTD: 1034.39 Miles
  • 3.4 again today, 468.08 for the year
  • Richmond Runfest Marathon went well - apart from one Pacer (I organise them for the full and half) finished bang on - I had to fill in for one who could not make it,  so really was an unofficial pacer - am trying to justify why I was a minute over.  To be fair, I normally pace at 4:55 to 5:15.  Today I tried to fill in for the 4:30 pacer and managed 4:31 and some seconds.
    Will add up the numbers tomorrow if that is OK.
  • Did a 6 mile long run yesterday, to take me up to 587 YTD. Want to get through 600 by the weekend if possible. However, I seem to have picked up some form of lurgey, as I have a sore throat, stiff neck and a headache. And it's not even winter yet, hmmmmm
  • Ytd: 804.1 + 3.1+ 4.1 = 811.3

Parkrun plus another effort on the road.

It's late, more to tomorrow, both running and posting. 
  • Richmond Runfest Marathon in 4:31:48 - I failed by 98 seconds
    YTD = 1859.84 miles
  • Need to train better I guess.
    More mileage required I was told lol
  • Thanks Steven, still using a Garmin 205 and my Suunto only needs a new strap. The 235 looks nice and practical as well. Will prob get around to buying one next week. Also need a new phone and despite having everything Apple I'm thinking of a change.

16.9 4.24
    17.9 no run
    18.9 4.48 
    19.9 8.53

YTD 1255.45
  • A 2.5 mile and a 5 mile run since my last update, gets me to 594.5 YTD
  • Running club last night...took most of the people a little "off piste" on a cliff path jolly as it was getting dark (head torches worked well) so what started as probably a 6 mile run ended at 9.5 but with lots of smiles.

1085miles YTD

• MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Well done on the cliff run, Hobie. Still don't think I need a head torch...? 
    Week two of my 4 wks (between marathons) is looking like a repeat of wk.one; a 5' and a 10' so far, bringing me to 1124 YTD.  My cold, and the 50 knot winds, have resulted in a change of plans for this week, but pleased to have done the seafront 10' last evening (home before dark!). Last night's windy conditions reminded me why I'm not in a hurry to sign up for the Bournemouth marathon again. (Last year was great, and in its short history I believe the run has been very fortunate with the weather, but it is always going to be a gamble on such an exposed route.). Probably parkrun on Saturday then two weeks of taper...Happy running everybody. 
  • Thank you MrM2,
    a recovery run on Tuesday and another one today before the expected rain - both 13.71 miles makes
    YTD = 1887.27 miles.
    With under 131 miles in 30 days to go before the Toronto Waterfront Marathon on 21 October, I will have reached my years' target of 2018 miles as planned.
  • Morning all,

Andrew, I am hoping for the 2nd week of October to complete the 1000 miles.

Steven, Hope the Asian River-Fever has now eased, well done on getting out. I am sure you will be fine, we will soon know :D 

Harmander, Brilliant effort at Richmond, considering you normal pace at 4.55 - 5.15 to stand in for a 4.30 pacer is epic indeed!

Donnie, Hope the training is still going well, only 3 weeks.

Another good week of training this week, with a couple of longer runs, luckily the weather hasn't been to bad just breezy here, but I do know Hobie must have had it bad last night.

17.09.18 - 6.25 (Road 10K)
    18.09.18 - 17.5 (Long, Slow @ 90% Marathon pace) Hard to do before work!
    20.09.18 - 12.5 (Long, Slow @ 90% Marathon pace)
    21.09.18 - 6.25 (Hill Intervals) also managed a 1.5k dip in the pool.

YTD = 897.65
  • Steven Morrison 2Steven Morrison 2 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Timing David lol,
    I was just about to check in. No running since Saturday, sick as a dog. Sitting at home watching some terrible childrens DVD with my daughter (lots of terrifyingly cheerful people singing nursery rhymes) if I didn't feel awful before I certainly feel wretched now ;)
    Excellent running folks i hope I'm back out posting miles with you very soon.
  • 3.5 miles last night, so up to 598 YTD.

Get well soon Steven!

• Yes, get well soon Steven & enjoy the kids TV :D
  • Another Uni visit trip with daughter...Liverpool this time, staying in Runcorn found we're right next to Bridgewater canal so while the girls enjoy a glass of wine I went out and managed 9 miles with a spectacular backdrop of thunder, lightning, rain, Herons & Swans...and narrowboats on the canal, just stunning and a bit different from the Welsh hills & coast path I'm used to.

1094 miles YTD
  • Ytd: 811.3 + 6.1 + 4+ 3.1 = 824.5

Just finished at the parkrun. Data allowance almost gone so just wanted to record my efforts this last few days. Thanks in the kind people who've enquired about my marathon training. Update tomorrow when back on sofa with the laptop. 
  • Most miles on a pair of shoes?
    I know, hard to know exact miles, but with logs, 884 miles. (Asics Kayano)
    Usually, about 500 before I change out. Any better?