The Thousand Mile Club - 2018

Comments

• Thanks David - not likely to get even to 900 this year, but it is something to work on for 2019!

4 miles last night - 716 YTD

• Andrew, 

It is still a great effort whatever the end result, just think how far that is, even in car!
  • Well done everyone, logging great miles and going great. Steven, hope your feeling better & mojo is back soon.
    For me Snowdonia recovery was a bit odd & probably not best plan. We drove 400 miles on Monday to visit my parents in Scotland & I joined in with local running club track session on Tuesday.
    Legs feel good though. 
    1260 miles YTD, so I've exceeded last year's total.

Also, despite common sense I'll probably be tempted back to Snowdonia in 2019.
  • Parkrun this morning (20:42) which totalled 5 miles with warm up and down.

721 YTD 
  • Ytd: 926.0

Been on my holidays so not much to report. I'll offer some individual responses soon, well done to everyone with special mention to hobbie and his effort at the snowdonia marathon. 
  • 4 mile recovery run today. Could have done more really, but played it safe.

725 YTD 
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Notched up 42' this week as I work towards the Malaga marathon, just five weeks away. Enjoyed a track session on Friday; a set of 8 x 800m. Waited for the rain to stop today before heading out for 16 miles. Hope to fit in a 20' next week.  YTD: 1306.
  • Well done to all for getting out in some grotty weather - some good times too.
    Sorry for being AWOL over the last week but 'Er Indoors and I been looking after the grand kids while their parents have gone on holiday - did.t want to get fined for taking little Ashleen from school and Harvey loves nursery.
    Managed several 8.87 milers, a 12.52 miler - oh and the Thames Meander Marathon yesterday making my
    YTD = 2160.96 miles
    As the club had about 35 Peace Marathon medals left over, it has organised another marathon on Sunday week - as long as there are 15 survivors on our course, it will count towards the 100 Marathon Club totals - my total for race mileage this year is 599.81 miles this year so far
  • Evening all

2.11 5.7 miles
    3.11 10.11 miles
    4.11 4.28 miles in the desert then 6.36 miles on road
    6.11 10.01 miles

YTD 1554.96 miles

• Blimey Dubai Runner, you are catching me up.

Better pull my finger out.

No, seriously, well done - you could still make 2000

Will log today's run later
  • We had a charity 5k on Sunday to support local people flooded out by Storm Callum...I told myself "it's a fun run...not a race"...so came 4th in 21 mins...red mist of racing came down.

5 miles today at lunchtime & a couple a sessions helping a friend & his wife to get to running a 5k by the end of the month.

1272 miles YTD
  • Well done Hobie

Harmander, got up at 5am and thought sod it, went back to bed. Got a meeting today with drinks so won't be any running later!!
  • Afternoon,

Just catching up as have been out and about for a while and will be most of next week by the looks of it - joy.

Hobie, Well done on the 5k race and passing last years total.

Andrew, Great Parkrun time, 4.08 pace (impressive)

MrM2, Good work on the consistent training in the Malaga lead up.

Harmander, Great work at the Thames Meander at the weekend, must do that one at some point.

Dubai, Respect to anyone who can run in the "Desert"

As for me, just a couple more runs to add at the moment, hopefully will get out a couple more times before Monday's marathon.

04.11.18 - 6.25
    05.11.18 - 8
    06.11.18 - 8

YTD = 1068.35

• Thanks David - it is a time which exactly equalled my pb for the distance, and also is my best ever race result based on WAVA. Good luck in the marathon!

3 miles for me yesterday - 728 YTD

• MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks David. Have a good run on Monday; I've always found running by the Thames very enjoyable.
    Another track session for me yesterday; working on 200s and 400s for 10k.
    That was over 8' bringing my YTD:1314'
    Looking at the weather...not sure when I'll go for the first of my 20' runs?

Been knackered from holiday and recycled airplane air this week. 5 treadmill miles is all I've got.

I've 2 10ks in the near future, doncaster and the phenomenally poplur Percy pud event in Sheffield. Wanted 45, will be happy with 47.
  • Bit of a disastrous run last night where I had to bail out after just 2.5 miles as I felt light-headed and like I was going to faint. The feeling didn't pass until I got home and raided the fridge, so I think I just had low blood sugar or something similar. Hopefully just a one-off.

730.5 YTD

• Felt a bit like that this morning Andrew but think it was too many beers at the beach club yesterday!!

7.11 miles

YTD 1562.07 miles 
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Donnie, should have run the seafront with me, today; plenty of fresh air to cleanse the lungs!!
    Andrew, as you say, 'Hopefully just a one-off'.
    Dubai, what about Nepal? You seem to be taking preps. 'casually'?
    Decided to do battle with the fresh S'ly wind this afternoon. Actually, it didn't really kick in until the last three miles of my 20' run, so mustn't complain. YTD: 1334'. 
  • Well it all felt much better today, 5.5 miles feeling very fresh. Odd!

736 YTD 
  • MrM2 sitting in my garden drinking coffee and heading for a run shortly. I've never followed a plan,  would have liked a few more longer runs for sure but this is an experience in Nepal not a race, I'll be sore from all the elevation and cap out at 3000m but I'm sure the scenery will make up for it!!

I head to Nepal tomorrow morning, it's only 3.5 hours away. A couple of martinis in business class should set me up for running!!!

• 13.48 miles

YTD 1575.55 miles
  • And in pancake flat Dubai the elevation gain in 13.48 miles was 50.1 meters!
  • Have an amazing time Dubai, it'll be awesome. looking forward to the write up.

Great you're feeling better Andrew, just in time for lovely fresh weather.

I had a bit of time to kill the last two days while my wife was on a course in Llanelli, so 15 miles along the  Millennium Coastal Path had to be done in between the masahoof downpours and gale force headwinds.

1294 miles YTD 
  • Thanks Hobie- good running for you there.

Only had time for a very short run tonight (before the rain) - 2 miles!

738 YTD 
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    YTD:940.3 Its been two treadmill runs of 5 and 10k since last posting.

Andrew: I get the sense your on a great streak!

Dubai: Enjoy Nepal, a county I'd love to visit. 

Mr MM: I'm following your previous advice; short runs fast, long runs slow. 
  • Dubai runnerDubai runner ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    In the business lounge in Muscat, Oman looking forward to the Nepal experience!

Good carbs in beer, right??
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hi Dubai, wondering what you might be up to now. When I looked up the Nepal marathon, some time ago. they seemed to be selling a package of activities, ensuring that runners put something into the community. Is that what you are doing before marathon day?
    Just a 6' run yesterday to close the week with 34' and YTD:1340.
  • 6 for me this morning to finish off the week.

744 YTD 

• Well done MrM2 & Andrew,

Very wet and windy in West Wales at the moment so I had a rest day yesterday.

Sun came out eventually today so on with the hybrid shoes and a 6 and a bit miler on road and coast path...to get to...

1301 miles YTD...still hopefully on course for 1500 by the end of the year.

Entered my first night trail race the other day, 24th November starting at 7 oclock, 10k involving fire eaters and wolves.