The Thousand Mile Club - 2018

Comments

• Welcome Cal!

A very nice 27 degrees out there this morning, love the winter!

19.11 4.72
    22.11 10.19

YTD 1608.46 miles

• Thanks David! As the weather has got much colder, I am pleased that my 'season' is now over and I'm enjoying a few weeks of easier running before cranking it up again in January for another 10k training block.

4 last night - felt very slow and relaxed (and cold, did I say it had turned cold?!).

769 YTD

• Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Ytd: 971.7

Doncaster 10k on Sunday, looking forward to it but without any great expectation. Maybe 47 if it goes well.

Andrew: you mentioned the middle ground thread elsewhere on the forum. Really enjoyed it, that's exactly where my running is. Thanks.

Cal and Mr, MM, Good luck with your soon to be run marathons. Some overseas sunshine very welcome at the moment. 

Dave: another midweek marathon, seems a great way to go about things. Hope it goes well, push it for sub 4? 
  • Feel free to join in the discussion over there Donnie (and others) - it would be good to have a few new faces 🙂

4.5 this evening- 773.5 YTD 
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Donnie2...Thanks for good wishes. All the best for Sunday's 10k!
    David C... Thanks...not sure about a 'walk in the park' but hope to enjoy Malaga.
    Andrew...Well done on the new PB.  Sub 43 sounds like a good target!
    Me? A hill session earlier this week, and 11 cold miles today, with the first ten at mara. pace. That's most of my key components covered. Might have an easy run this wk. then 2 weeks of taper! YTD: 1400'.
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Did I say 'easy'? Well, slow, but not all easy. A 15' seafront run (to add to yesterday's 11'), with the final miles into the E'ly wind. Less cold than yesterday. Happy.
    33' for the week... now a recovery week-end, and fewer miles next week. YTD:1415'.
  • This week I've not been feeling the love, calfs feel sore & feeling like HR is too high...managed a 4 best time in our club 5k handicap race of 19:43...I started from the back (fastest in the last Summer Handicap) and completely failed to catch anyone so finished last...still surprised myself with the time though.

Couple of outings helping my mate with his C25K effort (he's doing first Parkrun next Saturday).

1334 miles YTD

Got my first night race tonight...only a 10k through the woods but feels weird sitting about waiting for a race to start...will report tomorrow if I survive the Welsh Wolves.

• Done... Nutty race.. .in the space of a 10k we had...(in no particular order) an accordian player, mud, fire eaters, trumpeter, penguin, mud, samba drummers, fireworks, marshal offering toasted marshmallows, mud, beer rather than water at station... Elvis at the finish... Followed by mulled wine & mince pies. Not the fastest 10k in 1:06.

1341 miles YTD
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Wot? no Wolves? seems a bit disappointing,  ;);) bet the penguin made up for it though!

for me, 1st XC of the season at Hadleigh in sunny essex (around the olympic mountain bike course), bit hilly!!!!

YTD      838.05  creeping slowly towards target, bit like my running these days.

• AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    4.5 on Friday and a further 8 for me today, 786 YTD 
  • Really enjoy reading the excellent report backs and the piling on of the miles - every step counts.
    David Charman, yes the stretching helping a lot.
    Helped some determined walkers to complete the SITC Peace Marathon last week followed by the usual Tuesday and Thursday 10.48 miles and the 10.19 miles including Parkrun yesterday.
    Had a very pleasant run from Cutty Sark DLR station to the halfway mark of the VLM course earlier today.
    Ran with a first time marathon runner who had deferred from last year VLM. Had to slow down from the intended 12 minute/miles pace by 26 seconds a mile slower as this 6.85 miles was their longest run so far and we had to walk a couple of times so that she could finish the distance.
    She promised to be a minute a mile quicker when she repeats it before Christmas. That will make it a 5 hour marathon pace.
    Have agreed to repeat this on Sunday 23 December if anyone is interested.
    Start time will be 10:30 am
    So, my 

YTD = 2299.58 miles
  • It rained here this morning, our first rain since February. And I missed running in it as the AC main guys were meant to come and then they cancelled because it was raining!

23.11 4
    25.11 am 7.37
              pm 2.55
    26.11 4.02 

YTD 1626.4 miles

• Looking at some races for the beginning of next year, all the local marathons are either on the same weekend or one weekend apart. 

Also have a niggle to run either in India or return to Nepal.
  • Harmander that's def the one I'm erring towards 

felt bit cold out there this morning, we've had a dip in temperatures, only going to be 27 today. So only 22 and cloudy feels a bit cold for me.

11.09 miles

YTD 1637.49 miles
  • Richardo feck off!!!
  • Already flagged and reported the prat - he, she or it cannot spell undetectable either
  • Morning,

Donnie, A sub 4 is possible, last time I ran there in April it was 4.02.56, so we will have to wait and see.

Hobie, Great 5K club run time, you would have caught me! as for the 10K race, after reading the report, may I ask if you are on medication :D , Elvis at the finish and penguins on route (slightly random)

Senidm, Getting there, well done.

Dubai, 22 Degree's sounds lovely, its cold, damp and apparently going to be windy and very wet later - Joy.

Just a couple of runs to add to the total before Thursdays marathon, Andrew, I agree it has been cold and seems extra dark and gloomy.

22.11.18 - 10
    23.11.18 - 6.25
    26.11.18 - 8

YTD = 1145.25
  • David should be back in the low 30s by the weekend

Ah yes Hobie's hallunination run!! Sounds bizarre 
  • David, clouds gone, it's a pleasant 26 degrees, sitting in the garden listening to U2s the unforgettable Fire album and sipping a cold beer. Life is good!
  • Dubai, That sounds lovely, definitely a bit nippy and grey today.
  • YTD: 986.1

Since my last update its been 5.1 miles on the treadmill, a parkrun and the Doncaster 10k

Doncaster 10k is a good event and if you're in that neck of the woods, its worthwhile and good value. Excellent pre and post run facilities in the racecourse grandstand, unlimited and free parking within literally 50 metres of the start, easy access from across the entire Yorkshire area and 10am start. Also a quick course on completely closed roads around the town centre and racecourse area for those chasing PBs, plus a pie at the finish. Only criticisms would be that this relatively big event has chosen to go ahead on the same weekend as two other smaller running club run events in the same catchment area, both with a long history of running on the final weekend in Nov (Barnsley  10k and Clowne HM). The fields at these more home stun runs must be effected. I also like a t-shirt, so a little disappointed not to receive one. 

Personally, my target was 47 mins (or thereabouts), happy to be home in slightly over 46, nagging disappointment that it perhaps should have been 45.'something'. 

Dubai;  That's the best U2 album by far. 
  • Sounds like a great result then Donnie (and a good event!). How did the race pan out? Steady pacing? You have another quite soon don't you (or am I imagining)?

• Any money on Dr Scott117's is a fake too?
  • Well done Donnie, Achtung Baby is my favorite.

Quick 3.66 miles this morning

YTD 1641.15 miles
  • Nothing for me all week - I've been stricken with a really horrible cold. It started on Sunday (although I was tired on Saturday and my parkrun was rather poor, so I guess I was incubating it then)  and it doesn't seem to have improved. I'm supposed to be flying out to Valencia on Friday - it's starting to look doubtful. :(
  • Hey Cal

Maybe the enforced rest will help, you'll be fresh. And if you're not well enough to run, you can always have a great weekend in Valencia!
  • Second run of the day

3.87 miles off-road 

YTD 1645.02 miles

• Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    YTD: 992.1 (6 treadmill miles since last signing in).

Andrew: My 10k last weekend was run at a fairly even pace (23.30 for the first half and 22.30 for the second). For me, this represented a conscience effort to run a little harder in the first half. I'm off again on Sunday at the Percy Pud 10k in Sheffield, a quick course and a great pre-Xmas vibe but the forecast is poor. I'm hoping for 45. 'something' if the wind is in the right direction. 

Assuming I parkrun Saturday and complete the Percy Pud that'll take me though the 1000 mile target!
  • Good luck for the weekend Donnie

10.09 miles this morning

YTD 1655.11 miles