Options

Thursday 4th January 2018 - I was a lonely soul

Morning.

Lyrics - I was a lonely soul

A wet start to the day here and forecast to stay that way until this afternoon. Weight is going up, unfortunately peak flow isn't:-(

What:            gentle swim/steam/sauna am/gym induction pm
Why:             I'm hoping the former will ease my back/I'm getting old
Last hard:     recovering
Last rest:      3/1

Yesterday's lyrics - What Have I Done To Deserve This - Pet Shop Boys.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning LMH.  Sorry to hear your peak flow is still low.

What: hoping for 10km over lunch
    Why: it's in the plan
    Last hard: running, not for a long long time!
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely day all, stay dry if you can...
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    I wonder if Wabo is up??!!
    LmH - yikes, the tooth issue doesn't sound good
    Don - good to see you on here, punchy time for the 8m

What - something easy then coaching U11s
    Why - Thursday is the easy day
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - not sure I do
  • Options

LMH>Hope ypu enjoy the sauna-steam-swim and tooth is improving
    Emz>Back to normality in the morning as we fly back tonight. Hope you get tostick to the plan
    What>More entle strolling
    Why>Seems like a plan
    Last Hard>Packing
    Last Rest>Last Thursday
    Lyrics> Bell ringing somewhere

• Options
    Afternoon!

Thought I had posted earlier...

Lyrics: no (and the reason I got yesterday's is because for some reason I remembered Dusty Springfield was singing with The Pet Shop Boys)

What: gentle few k with walk break plus fitness suite

Why: treadmill was hard work yesterday so easy day today

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    lmh, lyrics no, hope you start to feel back to normal soon
    alehouse, have a good day and a nice walk
    sc, hope your gentle stroll was good
    dustin oh yes I was up and at em!!
    emzap have a good 10k
    what: only a mile today in a bit
    why: time constraints due to weather earlier and spurs later!
    last hard: yesterday off road
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all, I do hope Kane is well later....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh my goodness me it is windy.  Running full pelt down a steep hill I could reach the dizzying speed of 6:30/km...I literally felt like I was running on the spot in places!

Anyway 10 km done.
  • Options

Well done for braving the elements, em.

LMH: Enjoy the gym. It's a good place to be when the weather is foul. Hope the swim is OK. My asthma often gets worse with chlorine. Steam and sauna sounds lovely. I must make an effort and use those facilities more. If only there were more hours in the day...
    Not so good news re. tooth.

ale: That was a monster training schedule way back when ... no wonder you were so fast. You obviously put the work in.

SC: Have a safe trip

What: 12k on the TM with 8k a bit faster plus 30 mins of core done this morning. Day 3 of my 30 day yoga challenge tonight
    Why: too windy and wet out there / yoga is a good thing
    Last hard: treadmills are boooring
    Last rest: 17/12
    Lyrics: no

• Options
    I wouldn't have liked to have been out running in this wind emzap. I know it's bad when we have the march of the wheelie bins.

chicksta - I don't know how they clean this pool but there is absolutely no smell of chlorine. Fortunately even in chlorinated pools I find the warm, moist air tends to help my asthma, the eucalyptus steam room is a little cooler than I'd like but feels amazing for the chest so I follow up with the sauna to warm up. I did actually go in the gym this afternoon, had a very personable PT who listened and seemed knowledgeable, worked around my various issues, injuries and ailments and has come up with what seems like a useful but manageable little programme for me to do for the next month at which point we'll meet again and he'll review it - and all this for £16.30 a month! If I get at least once a week I may upgrade my membership, if I take it out for five years instead of the current year it's only another £263 - a bargain if I'll actually go and I have three months to make a decision.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Sounds like a great deal,  LMH :+1:
  • Options
    What: swim and a run (5.25)
    Thursday and work reasonably quiet
    Almost forgotten what chlorine smells like  ;) 
    lyrics no

• Options
    Sounds good, LMH!

What: 2.3k run, in 3 sections plus stretches, ex bike etc. Rather windy here also!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Still no wind of note here although it is forecast to get a bit breezy from tomorrow afternoon.
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Good club session this evening.  After a 4.6 mile warm up, we did 1 km road rep fast (3:32) then a 0.42 mile rep with a hill finish ( 2:23) then 5 x hill sprints then another 0.42 rep (2:23). The club did another rep of 1 km but I had to sit it out as my heart was playing silly-buggers.  All good now though.  Nearly 8 Miles all in, after a 1mile warm down.  

Lyrics, maybe. 
  • Options
    Sounds a tough session Don! Have you compared notes re the heart issue with SC? 
  • Options
    Hope you're feeling better soon LMH
    What undecided
    No work today but a bit wet outside
    Last rest and last hard - can't remember!
    Lyrics: no