Friday 12th January 2018 - Baby, if a wall of stone were built around your heart

Morning.

Lyrics - 
Baby, if a wall of stone were built around your heart

Sorry to hear that Alehouse, hope the doctor can sort you out.

Sounds intriguing RFJ - hope it goes well.

Two days of doing absolutely nothing don't seem to have helped at all so I think I shall attempt something today for sanity's sake if nothing else. I shall decide what after walking Grace.

What:            something
Why:             the black dog is getting closer
Last hard:     getting better
Last rest:      12/1

Yesterday's lyrics - I Will Not Go Quietly by Don Henley.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

LMH: I hope you can manage something today even a swim to keep that nasty dog at bay.

Ale: Hope your back eases for you.

SC: hang in there your mojo will come back.

I did nothing yesterday I felt so ill and today I still feel awful so will have another rest day hoping to get to grips with what ever is invading my body.so painkillers for me and maybe a work as it is picnic day and it is-4 picnic ,although I don't feel like eating maybe coffee for me;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    LmH - Rather than try a run would you have time for a longer walk (couple of hours)?
    I know it's not running but it will be quite testing and possibly "easier" than struggle with breathing/coughing? Just a suggestion.
    RFJ - Good luck!
    SC - Give it a day or so then I'll send the mojo search party out, it's usually not strayed far...

What - supposed to be mlr (12 miler) although I'm lacking the interest to do it. Will have to be this evening so I foresee a settlement of 6-8 miles. Oh and Hants XC tomorrow.
    Why - schedule 
    Last rest - 15/12
    last hard - Wednesday
    lyric - nope

• Unfortunately not Dustin though I am walking over five miles a day anyway. I am thinking of maybe walking on the treadie so that I can maintain a faster pace and maybe stick some short run sections in. It's not the same as being outside though.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Alehouse - ouch, good luck with the doc

What:Nothing yet and may be a rest day
    Why: I felt like extra rest this morning and time is precious today
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: Last year

I have blazed into 2018 so a day off is cool

I used to really like MOJO chews when I was a kid
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

You lazy so and so Gobi

LMH: the treadmill option is a good way to start, methinks!

GP appointment at 10:30. Really don't know whether it is a chest infection affecting the back (too painful to take peak flow!) or it is a back problem per se. Will hopefully know shortly!

And Pammie, get posting!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    alehouse sorry to hear about your back, hope the doc has some answers
    LMH, give it a go and take care(you will I know)
    wp sorry to hear you are not well, wish you better
    dustin 6-8 sounds sensible given what you are doing tomorrow

well a good bit of running from my daughter last night, which she described as therapeutic! So..
    what: short run with d-i-l and then after my son tonight!
    Why: they're all wanting to get in on the action 
    last hard: last night (I ran a mile to daughters and a mile back)
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Park run tomorrow bringing this year's race tally to 3 alehouse
    have a good weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hoping all those on the bench get a chance to play soon...
    4.2 windy miles (forecast to get worse over weekend, 45mph for Sunday XC)
    Just ticking over today
    last hard: today was slow into wind
    "rest" will come next week with cpd in London
    lyrics: no
    still "signed up" for swim later
  • Afternoon!

GP report! Given antibiotics but told to only take them if there are signs of a chest infection worsening; and he thinks I also have a muscular problem with my back which is causing the pain rather than the currently mild chest infection. More ibruprofen etc, plus warmth and keep it moving. May do a mile or so later at my slowest possible pace before I see the Achilles consultant this evening. 

You seem to be training well, OH

And keep those races coming Wabo! Wish I could join you, at least virtually! Perhaps I will be ready for 65 in 2019!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Party venue and date picked :)

What: a mile later
    Why: had a very busy morning and I'm freezing!
    Last hard: keeping warm
    Lyrics: nope

Hope you can get comfortable soon Ale
    WP hope you feel better soon
    LMH hope the treadmill helps
    Gobi slacker :tongue:

Have a lovely day all
  • I now what you mean Alehouse - I've been finding it quite painful to take my Symbicort and peak flow. I've found using a hot water bottle eases it for a while. I'm wondering if my cough etc have worsened as with not swimming I haven't been in the eucalyptus steam room.

Keep it exciting emzap - don't let it get stressful, it doesn't need to be.

Always good to listen to your body and be flexible Gobi.

Wabo - it's lovely that so many of your family are getting involved.

I'm not celebrating yet but I may have taken my first slow steps off the bench. Took to the treadmill and managed a whole 6 miles with increasing run intervals and pace. If I have no adverse effects tomorrow I plan to try a run outside.
  • Yay LMH :+1:

Sorry to hear you're poorly poppy.

Ale: fingers crossed for the appointment tonight. Muscular back problem should hopefully sort itself.

tut tut wabo - we all know a parkrun isn't a race :D

I've done something to my back last night and it doesn't feel good. Sigh. Just as I thought things were finally back to normal. It's a weird pain, very reminiscent of what I had when my disc slipped, but a few vertebrae further down. At least there's no sciatica and I can do most things without pain. Just coughing or turning over in bed are a bit of a disaster. Will stick to light exercise for a while and not run off to the doctors just yet... Don't fancy them sticking needles in my spine again!

What: just a bit of very easy yoga
    Why: see above
    Last hard: back pain
    Last rest: 17/12
    Lyrics: no

• Good news, LMH...but not for Chick! Hope the latter problem disappears as quickly as it came. 

What: 11 minutes running, with some walk breaks

Why: all I could manage in terms of an Achilles test as the back was too uncomfortable.

Last hard: dropping my ibruprofen tablets on the floor and then struggling to pick them up because of the back pain! 

Will be interesting to see what the consultant recommends later and also to see what the physio has told him. Originally we were going to have a three-way meeting but the consultant changed the date and physio is now away. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't suggest either more shockwave or a cortisone injection. Not too sure about the latter: any thoughts anyone?
  • Sorry to hear about your back chicksta, hopefully it will go as quickly as it came. I'm finding that actively engaging my core and going as straight up and down as I can are the easiest way to manage bed. It's also more comfortable to turn from one side to the other face down rather than face up for some reason.
  • Evening!

Consultant happy with Achilles area and progress! Able to run more, and gradually increase, plus daily drills rather than the isometric and weight bearing exercises which seem to be aggravating things. He wasn't happy with my back though!