Sunday 14th January 2018 - I double-cross you

Morning.

Lyrics - I double-cross you

Hope your back feels better Alehouse.

You're doing a lot of miles and putting in a lot of effort Dustin, it's not all going to be 100%.

No adverse reaction to yesterday's run as far as I can tell so I shall do another one today.

What:           easy miles
Why:            I want to be out
Last hard:    getting better
Last rest:     11/1

Yesterday's lyrics - You Won't Feel A Thing by The Script.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning LMH

What: something in a bit then to Oxford
    Why: want to get out this morning, even if only short.  
    Last hard: cross country yesterday!
    Lyrics: nope

LMH yay for something easy :)

Dustin that sounds good yesterday.

Have a nice day all
  • Morning!

Enjoy Oxford, Emz! Been up hours watching the cricket...and staying off the laptop as it doesn't seem to help my back.

A slightly better night, LMH and didn't get up until I had done some very gentle stretching to get the back moving. Lots of hot water bottling!

What:  unlikely.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning!

Glad to hear you're better,  LMH.

SC: not long now!  Hang in there.

Good news re. Achilles ale but not so good re. back.

Well done at the xc races em and Dustin.

I got fed up after two days of being a good girl and risked a run yesterday.  No pain during or after.  It just hurts when I cough,  turn around in bed or do back bending stuff in yoga. I can live with that.

What: hour of sweaty yoga done / run later (waiting for it to warm up)
    What: sanity
    Last hard: back worries
    Last rest: 17/12
    lyrics: no
  • Glad it's not too bad this morning Alehouse.

Unfortunately it became obvious this morning that I'm not better chicksta. Legs are heavy and tight and chest rattling and wet again. Back to the bench. I just hope that this pulled muscle heals soon so that I can gym and swim properly. Glad your back seems manageable, easy does it though eh?
  • Xc this afternoon. Cold and windy.
  • Sorry to hear that,  LMH.

I had a lovely 10 mile run this afternoon. A bitingly cold wind to run against on the outbound but a very supportive tailwind on the return. The sky was blue and the sun was out and what's a bit of cold wind in January...
  • Get well soon bench. Great to see sensible pills being taken around and about. Lots of good running going on
    Took Dustin's advice and listened to LMH. Didn't want a bout and really wanted to run. After the last few weeks wanted a half to remind myself in the days to come what I can come back to both better and stronger so:
    What: Gloucester half
    Why: Because
    Last Hard: Yesterday's parkrun
    Last Rest Firday
    Lyrics: Don't think so
    Found someone who wanted a 2.15-2.20 and paced them for the first half in 1.08 then did second half in 54 with last 5k just over 24. No alarms and no dramas and no over exertion but immense satisfaction at the end. Achilles a bit narky but it can shut up as it has a couple of weeks off :-)
    OH: Hope you enjoy xc. Chicksta - I envy your sky. Been grey here and Gloucester since dawn. Good result on the cricket Ale!

• Hope it went well OH.

Nice miles chicksta.

You've just cheered me up no end SC, thank you. I'm so pleased you had a good day.

• Getting wild here now
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    I think the technical term LmH is "bummer" but probably for the best long term
    SC - great stuff at Gloucester
    Chicksta - well done
    OH - sounds like a testing xc?

what - run of 3 parts: early 7.4 with a friend, then added another 10k. Home, straight back out to take youngest to work, and chalked off a further 8 to bring it up to 21. 
    why - fitting in a long run
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - today's juggling
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Take care LMH

SC good running - ditto Dustin

Parkrun yesterday was a bit emotion, following the passing of a runner there last week, great silence and speech and supported by her hubby and kids there too in support of all those who helped (cardiac arrest in the 1st 400m) drew loads out to run in her memory......

long run today of 11m at just over 9mm

Take care