Monday, 15 January 2018 - Hey now, take your pills

Morning all :)

Today's lyrics:
Hey now, take your pills and
hey now, make your breakfast

Undecided whether to brave the cold and wind again or chicken out to the cosiness of the gym...

Comments

• Morning,

SC: I am so pleased to see you had a good run just what you needed well done:-)

Dustin: What a great run you had even if in 3 parts;-)

yesterday was the usual 5 miler made tricky by lurking ice but still a good run.

What: 8-10 miles
    Why: Summer and all that
    Last hard: Maybe the rain today;-)
    Lyrics:Don't think so
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - So Hard by The Pet Shop Boys.

Wet and windy here - what did you decide chicksta?

Hope you get a dry run Poppy.

Nice that the family felt able to be there RFJ.

You would have thought I'd raced a marathon the way my legs felt yesterday afternoon - had been to the gym and had DOMS. No idea what's going on. Fortunately they feel a little better this morning so I shall be off to the gym with P later and see which parts of my programme I can do without irritating anything. No doubt the steam room and sauna will be involved too.

What:            whatever I can manage
    Why:             can't shake this virus
    Last hard:     getting better
    Last rest:      most of this year

Lyrics - no, but it was nice not to have to think of some.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no, although pills will be taken shortly.

What: unlikely

Why: back. Hope osteopath helps at lunchtime.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Ale - good luck at the osteo
    WP - enjoy the summer run :D
    LmH - all you can do is make the best of a bad deal
    RFJ - sounds like a well observed and attended memorial

What - easy lunchtime
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - no, should have got yesterday's

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

RFJ very sad news.

What: club tonigh
    Why: Monday
    Last hard: getting going this morning, very tired
    Lyrics: nope

Hope you can do something in the gym LMH.
    Ale hope back improves.
    Chick hope you got to go outside

Have a lovely day all.
  • I should have got yesterday's lyrics too. D'oh ...

SC: Brilliant news re. your half yesterday :+1:  Now fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow...

LMH: I usually get DOMS after doing gym stuff and also after hard yoga sessions.

RFJ: I would have cried my eyes out at that parkrun. How very sad indeed.

Ale: Hope osteo can help

Ended up going to the gym as drive and pavements were frozen and a bit slippery in parts. I can deal with cold and wind but not with treacherous conditions thrown into the mix. Back was a bit stiff this morning as I got up but everything feels fine now.

What: 5 miles on the TM / 35 mins of strength done -- yoga challenge day 14 tonight
    Why: it's what I do
    Last hard: squatting with 35 kilos on my shoulders
    Last rest: 17/12
  • Afternoon!

Well, if I thought the QofP was painful...
    Osteopath made me gasp for breath and I was close to tears. Not a lot to report apart from to say yes, there is muscular damage and I need to ice the offending area as often as possible, preferably once an hour for five minutes plus try to keep moving. Next visit on Friday. Not happy, and nor is the bank balance!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Your gym visits are far more hardcore than anything I envisage getting up to chicksta!

Enjoy club emzap. I'm so glad I joined the gym, don't know what I'd be doing without it at the minute. Managed five minutes on a watt bike to warm up (which didn't seem to irritate my pulled muscle so I may be brave and try one of the new Les Mills The Trip classes), my gym routine and ten minutes walking uphill on the treadie before a steam and sauna, didn't swim as I want to be able to tell if something I did today upsets the pulled muscle.

Do you feel any better for it though Alehouse?
  • No...feel worse LMH, although that is hardly surprising given the amount of manipulation! He did say it will take a day or two to settle back down, whatever that means! Your gym sounds fun! Can you enlighten us about Les Mills?!
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Les Mills is a brand name - they have loads of different classes like Body Pump - The Trip is a spin class but in a studio with a 10m x 3m screen that has different scenes on it. If you have a few minutes to spare: https://www.lesmills.com/uk/workouts/group-fitness/the-trip/

The Body Balance class is another that I'm thinking of trying as a gentle introduction.

Hope you get some relief soon.
  • Hail for a 5k loop today
    Last hard XC yesterday
    Lyrics no
  • The Trip looks interesting, LMH!

How was XC, OH?
  • On reflection sensible head says it may not be the best thing as I'm not running because I'm ill though Alehouse, may have to opt for Pilates or Body Balance if the pulled muscle feels better.
  • Crikey we are a challenged lot. Great mix of running and gym out there. What a list of ailments. Get well soon all and well maintained those off the bench especially all you over 6 miles and in the ice. RFJ-detail so sad. Didn't realise you were so close. Please do vist the forest.
    What: Nowt
    Why: pre-op day
    Last hard: Sleeping last night
    Last Rest: Last week or today :-)
    Lyrics: I fink so
    Maybe awol for a couple of days but I'll update as soon as I'm able.
    Really guys I do thank you all for your support and encouragement. Get this out of the road and just leaves one HC to manage :-) Take care and enjoy no matter what. It's all a blessing
  • Go well tomorrow SC! Will all be thinking of you!