Tuesday, 16 January 2018 - Oh no, here I go again

Good morning :)

Wild and windy night here :(

Lyrics: Oh no,  here I go again

Yesterday's were REM with Überlin - the song title the Berlin tourist board wished they'd come up with ;)

Another gym session beckons. Wish we had your spin classes LMH. All classes I liked have been taken off the schedule...

(((SC))) we'll  be thinking of you.  How all goes well.

Comments

• Morning.

Thinking of you today SC.

Hope your back feels better Alehouse.

This gym has over 750 classes a month chicksta. I think I'm going to try Body Balance if there are places left - it's described as 'a mixture of Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centred and calm' - I could do with some of that.

What:           playing at the gym
    Why:            can't run
    Last hard:    getting better
    Last rest:     16/1

Lyrics - I think so.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: don't think so

What: possible exercise bike this evening

Why: don't think I should risk anything else, although osteopath is encouraging stretching. Was too painful to do so yesterday!

Looking forward to hearing from you, SC!

Sounds the ideal class, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    SC - hope all goes well today
    Ale - sounds painful and I can imagine the impact on the bank balance!
    LmH - Sounds like you have a decent selection of options to keep you busy at the moment. 

what - threshold runs 18 mins - 4 mins easy - 14 mins, with warm up/ cool down
    why - club night
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - going to be today
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick your comment about the Berlin tourist board made me laugh!

Hope all goes well today SC, I'll be thinking about you.

What: a mile
    Why: well as I got told off by coach yesterday for not having a rest day this year, I'm not sure, but I think I want to do at least a January streak
    Last hard: last night's session.  I managed half of it before having to stop (2 x 800 with 400m recover, 2 x 600 with 400 m recovery, was meant to be 4 x).
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely day all
  • If you couldn't manage the session and are feeling tired it does sound as though a rest might be a good idea emzap - you don't want to end up ill.

I do Dustin - though they are all a new experience for me and I'm having to pull my big girl pants up to leave my comfort zone and mix it with the gym bunnies:-)
  • LMH: Glad big girl pants are pulled up;-) Gym bunnies don't stand a chance;-)

SC: Thinking of you today xx

What: 11.25 miles
    Why: Summer and all that
    Last hard: climbing 279m;-)
    Lyrics: Nope

My fastest Long run for a while I ran today faster than Lake V half! I am off next week to my warm weather training camp on a budget;-) so will be interesting to see how my long run goes next week:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all been with my mum a couple of days, got a better doc appt re vertigo which is still incapacitating her!! Last couple of days good though, hopefully it will stop.
    SC what is the op for, or anyone?  Nice half SC and hope all goes well today
    My daughter had another svt bout on Friday and has decided to go for the ablation, she's worried about being alone with the girls and it happening is why.
    WP wow that is some miles today!
    LMH love the big girl pants!
    emzap good job I don't have a coach!! A mile is a rest;-)
    alehouse, osteo sounds hard! I can imagine it could feel worse for a couple of days but hopefully will ease up after that
    dustin enjoy the threshold runs!
    chick lmh and anyone else doing gym classes, enjoy!
    what: 2 miles done this morning
    why: QoP tonight scared!!
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Excellent Poppy - great to see you better and running well.

Hmmm, Body Balance, one of those cases where you don't feel as if you've done anything because you didn't get out of breath or sweat but on the other hand know very well that some bits you didn't even know you had are going to be making themselves felt for the next day or two............almost certainly very good for runners and something I should make a habit of.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I tried body balance and PLATES, ergh I was so tortured.

Didn't help my cause so stopped : ¬ )

Good luck in recovery Alehouse, stay patient LMH

What: Ride AM D&D and Run PM
    Why: Using the time well
    Last hard: A bit yesterday
    Last rest: Friday 12th January
    Lyrics: No No No
  • Scary, wabo! You can quiz SC about the procedure when he's back on here.

LMH: The ones where you don't sweat are the worst. I had one of those in my yoga challenge yesterday and my legs are really sore from all those stretches. There are plenty of gym bunnies about in early Jan. but their numbers will go back in the coming weeks ;)

Poppy: Great running!

Dreading my yoga sesh tonight - it's day 15, so it's the halfway point. The previous challenges always had a fierce half moon practice at the halfway point ... And I can barely move my legs today. It'll be interesting!

What: 8.5 mile progression run on the TM and no strength work today
    Why: yoga will replace strength work today
    Last hard: getting my tight hamstrings to co-operate
    Last rest: 17/12

• Must have cross posted with you Wabo - it was only when reading chicksta's post that I realised. Sorry to hear that your mum still isn't well.

Gobi - you do strength work in the gym though don't you?

chicksta - everyone is really friendly and welcoming but there was me in my running shorts and t-shirt and just about every other woman in tights and a vest top...........
  • Woke up this morning to a heavy fall of snow, thunder and lightning and still snowing. Decided not to run then sun came out at 11 so I ran up Wideford Hill, knee deep snow at top.
    Good fun but hard going in parts.
    lyrics no
  • Really OH what are you like.
    Back home and tale of two halves
    I have/had two arrythmias. I know...greedy
    The difficult to get to dodgy upper left chamber has been ablated. I have an extra pathway just above the av node. Two problems: 1) Didn't have the kit to sort today and 2) More importantly- risk of damage(high) to damageAV node and due to being superior could mean pacemaker and no more running. If below apparently or off set or whatever could still run after pacemaker. When the cardio says "If I was you I wouldn't risk this one until it seriously impacts your life" I think I'll listen
    What: 4.5 hours on the table
    Why: Getting part fixed
    Last hard: Last hour of above
    Last rest: In progress
    Lyrics: Yes and I wish :-)
    On the upside I know how to handle what's ahead and at least one side is totally sorted :-)
    Post today mean more than you guys will ever know. Thank you 
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    how can you run in that OH, due credit, must have been fun and amazing too

Lyrics possible

Good going WP

SC, glad you know what is happening now and have some answers, will pray for you if you don't mind. Take care and do as you are told :-)

What - continuous reps (9 x 600 - 3 x east / steady / hard) with warm up and col down
    Why - partly building the engine :-)
    Last Hard - tonight
    last rest - Friday

Take care
  • RFJ I take all prayers from wherever they may come. Thank you and I shall do as I'm told.