Comments

• Options
    Morning.

What:          similar to chicksta though mine will be run/swim
    Why:           no work today and need a shorter run day
    Last hard:   keeping warm
    Last rest:    24/1

Lyrics - possibly (so probably not).
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all,
    what - 3x1 mile reps at lunchtime with work pal (his pace), coaching village group in the evening
    why - miles in the bank
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - yesterday: LT paced runs 18 mins/ 4 easy / 16 mins averaged ~6:40 second block slightly quicker
    lyric - nope, and was not right yesterday either

• Options
    What: slow train to Thurso
    Why: heading home
    Last hard yesterday
    Lyrics: no

Should get home around 9pm tonight
  • Options
    Nice running Dustin.

That's a long journey OH - hope it all goes smoothly.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Good luck getting home OH.

Debating what to do today as it's a glorious day but so cold I'm scared of heading outside (and again no heating until builders leave).  Thinking maybe something short and quick to limit my exposure time!

Will report back later.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

trying to work out if I can do a little running speed work to sharpen up

What: Watt bike Pyramid d&d AM - run PM
    Why: mixed my week a little
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: Friday 12th January
    Lyrics: No
  • Options
    Put more kit on emzap - you'll be fine. My sleeping bag jacket was deployed this morning and it was lovely out running, cold yes but dry and bright and still.

What are you sharpening up for Gobi?
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Duathlon season LMH
  • Options
    Safe journey OH
    Been lurking for a couple of days and not put hand to keyboard as it means commitment so here goes
    What: Gentle jog (When I've done this)
    Why: About time
    Last hard: Getting head in right place to get out again
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Lyrics: Don't believe so
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    LMH I did go out for 6.5 km.  It was very very icy though so had to be careful.  Roads also flooded in places.  Now trying to warm up with tea!
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Go go SC (but be careful!)
  • Options
    Enjoy, SC. Hope it goes well.

Well done those of you braving the cold this morning. It was -7 here. Too cold for my liking. I've become such a softie since I joined the gym. I remember a particularly bad winter in 2013 where I did all my training outside and we frequently had double-digit minus temps. No chance of that happening again!

Managed 7 miles on the TM and some core work.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    2012/2013 German winter...I remember it well Chick.  Our first in Germany and I wondered what on earth we had moved to!
  • Options
    Afternoon!

Lyrics: no

Hope your little jaunt went well, SC!

What: may go to the fitness suite for a while later

Why: really ought to, but as yet undecided

Health update! Spoke with consultant from Saturday who gave me blood test results: calcium levels ok, but vitamin D score was 51 where 50 to 200 is normal. Large dollops of Vitamin D prescribed for the next 60 days. Shame he can't prescribe large dollops of sunshine.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    I'd have liked the sunshine too Alehouse! Didn't you say that you were taking Vit D anyway?

What distance are you racing Gobi?

Hope you enjoyed it once you got out there SC.

There's a difference between cold and slippery though emzap - I'd encourage you out in the cold but caution with the slippery.

I think it's easy to get out of the mindset chicksta and it's different when you feel that you need to get the longer stuff in too - harder to do that on the treadie.
  • Options
    Am taking calcium with vitamin D (Adcal D3 tablets), LMH. Obviously not getting enough Vit D from them though for some reason.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    I thought that you'd said that you were taking Vit D  - are they going to check your absorption?
  • Options
    Don't forget the K2 ale...
    K2 directs the calcium to your skeleton, while preventing it from being deposited where you don't want it -- i.e., your arteries.  K2 activates a protein or peptide (would have to ask my osteo)  which is needed to bind calcium into the matrix of your bone. So best to look out for a combination supplement.

I bet you thought you'd moved to the Arctic circle in 2012, em.
  • Options
    Crikey: complex Ale
    Gentle jog of 4.22K in 26 mins. One briskish click of 5.25 two  around 6 and a 6.44 because there were steps and hills. Very nervous at the start but remembered that I new what to do if I had a blip so after a self talk went off and enjoyed every minute. Not counting chickens and in the meantime the Greek reminded me he's still niggly too so it's hurry up slowly
    Thanks for all the help and support- good wishes and encouragement Happy day :-)
  • Options
    Sounds good SC! But don't rush things!

Chick: have been reading up about K2 and sounds a good idea!

LMH: vit D level will be tested in around 2 months so will have to be guided by that re absorption I guess.