Friday 9th February 2018 - At first flash of Eden

Morning.

Lyrics - At first flash of Eden

Cold and wet here again - I need some sun!

What:           short and easy/maybe gym
Why:            ran long yesterday/no work so could make time
Last hard:    I don't want it to be hard
Last rest:     24/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Not nice here either, LMH...keep reminding myself it is winter after all!

Lyrics: no

What: exercise bike/Achilles work

Why: work then back limits exercise
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good morning. Steady LMH. Empathy Ale
    Got to the track last night and met a couple of newbies who were looking for the social run (It wasn't on) so joined them for a couple of laps. 5.01k with 7.52 521 5.05 4.49 splits with no sign of strain left me very happy and hopeful. Not counting feathered friends but....
    What: Nothing
    Why: Learning to be sensible - maybe
    Last Hard: Again it was sleeping through last night
    Last rest: three days ago
    Lyrics: No light striking
    Have a good day all
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    SC - all sounds positive
    Wabo - Yes Thursday comes round quickly, not as quick as Mondays do though :-(
    I'm with Gobi on the dress lightly for running. Said before that I get warm very quickly so even if I think about a second layer, I regret it before a mile is up. My only concession is gloves, my hands get very cold.
    what - steady lunchtime
    why - base
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - going to be this weekend: Hants XC tomorrow, 20 mile training "run" Sunday.
    lyric - nagging away at me...
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Dustin I'm the same though I also get cold very quickly once I stop so have to find a balance.  My long sleeve was way too warm yesterday with shorts.  

What: another mile
    Why: x-country tomorrow
    Last hard: this week's running hasn't felt easy
    Lyrics: nope

That sounds very positive SC :)

Have a lovely Friday all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    dustin that's the truth! Enjoy the steady 
    emzap, hope tomorrow goes well
    SC that sounds so good happy to hear
    alehouse enjoy the bike and achilles, hopefully
    lmh enjoy short and easy

what: something later, not sure 
    why: disturbed night last night feel wrecked
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a great weekend all!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Just noticed and I can't edit...lap missed out. 5.05 not sure if it was 3 or 4 :-)
    Looking at your Sunday with a bit of envy/longing Dustin! Foregoing Wiltshire 10 this weekend, which thankfully I haven't entered but was in the plan.  VLM or not VLM. I think I know the answer.
  • Good news SC.

Is your back feeling any better at all Alehouse?

Horrible when you don't sleep well Wabo, hope you have a better night tonight.

Sounds like a hard weekend Dustin.

It takes a lot for me to overheat, which comes in very handy when the weather warms up for races. The under active thyroid does come with an increased intolerance to cold so I'm guessing that may be at least part of the reason.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lmh, I went off well and early but got a call that my daughter was poorly with SVT again :-( she is urgent now and will be seen 5/4/18
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Sorry to hear that Wabo. Hope she gets an appointment soon.
  • What: 8.5 including Wideford Hill
    why: Had intended a road loop but with a fine dusting of snow and a nice winter sun, the hill was too good to resist.
    last hard: today, still not managing to get any speed
    last rest Wednesday on train
    lyrics:no

sorry to hear about your daughter's svt, Wabo
  • Sorry to hear that wabo. She's classified as urgent and still has to wait two months???!!!  That's ridiculous. Keeping my fingers crossed there are no more episodes between now and then. Must by horrifying.

SC: Very positive indeed. Easy does it though.

Enjoy your respective xc races, em and Dustin.

I'm always freezing at the start of a run (in winter that is) but usually heat up after 4 or 5k and then sometimes find I overdressed. But I'm always always cold for the first hour after a run. Even on a hot day. No idea why that is. 

What: Short treadmill blast and some kettlebells plus stretches
    Why: cold, windy AND slippery here (freezing fog)
    Last hard: not being able to do what I wanted this morning which was to run outside
    Last rest: 17/12
    Lyrics: no

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Run rather postponed as no power here for the last 4 hours (all my chores were delayed today, 1st due to heavy snow fall (none settling) and didn't want to cycle to town in it, then came back and power went off!  Hoping that's it for the day though!  At least the water is now warming up for my shower after my run!

Wabo echo Chick, 2 months for "urgent" is a bit crazy.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    sorry not been around much this week, world is spinning faster than I can keep up :-)

I have been given a secondment opportunity and from Monday will be working from Cardiff, about a 80 min commute by train. (bizarre as when moved to Swindon last year it was to get rid of my commute)

Don't know how it may affect my running yet

2nd rest day of the week as have Bramley 20 on Sunday