Saturday 10th February 2018 - It's a cold world that we live in all the people say

Morning.

Lyrics - It's a cold world that we live in all the people say

A cold start here with a heavy frost and wet and windy forecast. Tomorrow isn't looking any better - sleet showers and possible snow rather than just rain, don't you just love marathon training at this time of year? I decided not to gym yesterday afternoon as I'm feeling a bit tired, but it's to be expected as I've picked the miles up significantly. Mark wants to go this afternoon though so I may find myself there.

What:           easy miles
Why:            marathon?
Last hard:    motivating myself out in the cold
Last rest:     24/1

Yesterday's lyrics - Waiting For The Sun by The Doors.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: help at parkrun and watch XC plus possible gym

Why: can't run. 

Will be well wrapped up by the look of the forecast!

Re what to wear when running, my club motto is train heavy, race light, so it is plenty of layers and definitely no shorts. Shorts and vest are for racing in. Was watching a track session a couple of weeks ago and everyone was in bottoms and at least two tops. Plus gloves and hat for most.

Interesting times RFJ!

Back is gradually improving, LMH, but it is going to be a long job I imagine!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: Cross country
    Why: looking out the window I'm asking myself that!
    Last hard: this will be it.  It's cold, wet and miserable out there!
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely day all.  Winter Olympics and Six Nations :)
  • Not nice out there at parkrun...and got cross country to watch later which will call for even more layers!

Enjoy your xc, Emz!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope it went well emzap.

Cold, wet and breezy here but I enjoyed my run.

I'm glad that you can feel some improvement Alehouse. I like to be warm but couldn't run in too many layers, rarely wear long tights but I like my capris at this time of year.
  • Nice to see you back up and bouncy again LMH. Ale admire your pragmatism. Enjoy the xc Emz.
    Hand up if you are the muppet who didn't start his Garmin at parkrun this morning :-) Circa 26 mins and no episodes or even near blips and was very well behaved. Felt quite emotional at the finish but hid it well. So happy to complete in half decent time with no stretch and no sign of SVT. Now to get the base miles in.
    What: parkrun set up and run
    Why: Tis Saturday
    Last hard: realising I hadn't started my Garmin and waiting for official time
    Last Rest: Yesterday
    Lyrics: Familiar
    Great weekend of Rugby I hope. 
    Enjoy the weekend all
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    hi all,

fastest time at Swindon parkrun since the beginning of October 20:47 and 20th place, pretty happy with that and a few warm up and cool down miles.

Bramley 20 tomorrow, could be a long hard day at the office :-)

Stick with it Ale

Good to see you back in the mix LMH

Great parkrunning SC, you must be chuffed, well done, onwards and upwards :-)

Take care all
  • 9 windy miles this morning but again failing to pick up any speed at all  :|
    last rest : wednesday
    last hard: today

good to hear you're both looking like you're back on the rails, LMH and Straycelt
  • 26.08 29/101 and 1st MV 55 Ave HR159 and no SVT so in the satisfied but not the smug zone. Six minutes behind last year's pb but just now I really do prefer today's outcome.  Very happy.

Good running RFJ. OH don't be so hard on yourself. Now for some more rugby :-)

• That is fantastic SC.

You've had a bit of a time of it lately OH with stress and travel, it can take it out of you.

I guess you must be keen on the secondment opportunity to take on the commute RFJ. Hope you enjoy it.
  • That's cautiously optimistic news, SC! And I bet the conditions were not the fastest! Do you have any more treatment to come, or is that it? I can't keep up!

OH: what LMH said!

And well done, RFJ! Hope you and Dustin go well tomorrow.

Did 13/14,000 steps at the two events today. Cold and wet at the first; liquid mud and large areas under water at the second, but much warmer. Flat course but ended up being very tough because of the conditions. 

• Excellent, SC :+1:

Great parkrun RFJ.

Rough day in the office yesterday: My dad is in hospital with pneumonia. He's had a bad dose of flu and his rather frail body couldn't cope so the GP didn't take any chances and referred him. He's 83. Been to visit today. He says he's feeling better but still looking like death warmed up...

What: 9 miles  earlier but my heart wasn't in it
    Why: see above
    Last hard: yesterday's bad news
    Last rest: 17/12
    Lyrics: no
  • Sorry to hear that chicksta. I hope that he soon perks up and is home.

Grace wanted a long walk this morning Alehouse and it wasn't nice - either underfoot or from over head. Plus side was that the Garmin is saying that I've walked 8 miles today. I do think that it overestimates though. How has your achilles coped with all the walking?
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi
    Sorry to hear Chick, hope dad feels better soon.
    Stray - top work , well done.
    OH - +2 for what LmH said!
    Emz - hope you had a decent run
    what - Hants XC race 5. Last one of the series at Aldershot (a new course). Mud, streams, forest track, hills, fallen tree hurdles, some short hills. A classic xc course. Just over 6 miles at ~7:15 pace and managed to score for the vets...Probably not the nest prep for a 20 mile training 'race' tomorrow. 
    why - its xc, new course and its a team game
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - ask me tomorrow...
    lyric - possibly
    Eldest turns 20 today, where did those years go...