Saturday 17th February 2018 - Sometimes you wanna get away from your life

Morning.

Lyrics - Sometimes you wanna get away from your life

Sorry you missed your night out emzap. Hope you feel better today.

Hope your daughter is ok Wabo.

What:              easy miles
Why:               finishing off a big week
Last hard:       I'm keeping it easy
Last rest:        24/1

Yesterday's lyrics - For A Dream by Tracy Chapman
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Morning! And a rather wet one.

Lyrics: no...but I knew mine! You posted just as I was going to press the button, LMH!

What: standing on a corner at parkrun/exercise bike

Why: been asked to help/can't do much more fitness related as yet, although will try a swim in a day or two.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: getting out the house
    Why: meeting friends
    Last hard: walking to station (not sure I'm well enough to be doing this but I didn't want to miss this as well)
    Lyrics: nope

Feeling better but still not really able to walk about without getting exhausted.  Having a quiet day with friends so although it's a long one, I'm hoping it'll be OK.  5 hours on a train in total so at least it's sitting down

Bit worried as have missed my last long run before my half. Means I've only done 16km in preparation. Not sure whether to try and so it next week (one week before) or just trust my training.

Good week of miles there lmh

Hope parkrun wasn't too cold or wet ale.

Have a good one all
  • Hope you are on the road to recovery, Emz! I would trust your training! 16k on your own is fine for a half as it is so much easier in a race when fresh and when running with others. 

And parkrun was indeed wet and cold, although the weather improved just as people were finishing.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: 1.22 miles then gave up and walked home
    Why: can't run. Don't know why
    Last hard: see above
    Last run: Thursday (1.4 miles)
    Lyrics: no
  • Sorry to hear that you're still feeling rough emzap, hope you're well enough to enjoy your day out.

Physical or mental OH? I think recent events have probably taken more out of you than you think, it's easy to underestimate the impact of stressful life events. Maybe a good long walk ending at a tea shop if the weather's conducive?

It rained, I dried off, it rained again but generally not too bad for my run today. Hope you've warmed up Alehouse. I'll leave the thread start for you tomorrow:-)
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    OH - what LmH says. There will be days ahead when you will be able to run and run, let this one pass.
    Emz - good to hear you're on the mend
    Wabo - hope your daughter is OK. I used to run Embankment/Southbank most days but now in Canary Wharf. So now it's Wapping or escape the tedium to Greenwich.

What - 20.5 easy over the heath and forest
    Why - miles
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - Today
  • ((OH))  I had similar issues last weekend when I was so worried about dad. My HR was sky high for an atrocious pace,  everything hurt and waves of nausea crashed over me.  I gave up too as I just couldn't do it.

Nice long run Dustin.

Enjoy your day out,  em.  Hope you're over the worst.
    Echo what the others said.  Trust the training.  Better to be under than overtrained.

What: 15  miles (longest run in two years... )
    Why: gorgeous day
    last hard: got a bit tired towards the end.  My endurance isn't really there anymore.
    last rest: 17/12
    lyrics: no
  • Emz...get well soon andtrust the training. 16k for a half is more than adequate
    OH...you have been through a lot. Try not to self critique and as Dustin suggests...let it pass.
    15 miles for first time in two years suggests endurance is coming back Chicksta :-)
    Hope Wabo's d is okay
    Hope this doesn't take the mood down for anyone but at parkrun this morning I found out my op hasn't worked.
    Two lots of SVT and a sharp realisation that despite best hopes it looks like the other short circuit is the trouble maker. Decisions: Mangae the condition or get it burned out and a pacemaker fitted. Not sure I'm ready for that fashion accessory yet.
    What: parkrun
    Why: Tis Saturday
    Last hard: Controlling feelings today
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: Appropriate
  • I don't think you can expect your endurance to be where it was two years ago when you haven't been running long chicksta! You are making great progress.

So sorry to hear that SC. I can only begin to imagine how disappointed you must be.
  • That's a bugg€r SC. Do your episodes occur when you're actually running?
    (haven't personally had one for a while now but mine would invariably occur at rest)
    Difficult decisions time.  Have they said pacemaker would be definite , or just possible if you went for second ablation.
  • Not sure what to say SC: disappointing news to say the least. Can't advise on the medical side of things, but keep thinking positive thoughts that there will a good solution.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    sorry to hear SC

Emzap - trust the training

OH it will come back

Cracking LR Dustin

doubled my weekly mileage today :-) Parkrun tourisum at Burnham and Highbridge for a fast 20:23 and 17th plus other miles to just under 11 for the day.

New job affecting running in general ie time to get out

So a planned heavy day tomorrow

Take care