Wednesday 7th March 2018 - I remember all of the things that I thought I wanted to be

Morning.

Lyrics - I remember all of the things that I thought I wanted to be

Slept better and feeling much better this morning, hopefully that will continue when I walk Grace and I'll be ready to run and have a good one. Will play it by ear though.

What:          easy miles hopefully
Why:           I should be bouncing after a day off
Last hard:   deciding to take the rest day
Last rest:    24/1

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Hope you have a good one, LMH.

I slept much better too. Solid sleep from 10pm to 3am. That's loads for me. Got up at 5 to get ready just to find it was snowing heavily again. Sigh. Went back to bed for another snooze and decided I'll hit the treadmill later for a bit of tempo stuff. Should be OK after 4 days of running outside.

What: treadmill run
    Why: weather
    Last hard: weather
    Last rest 1/3
    Lyrics: no

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Bad night's sleep for me...

What: about 10km with friend later
    Why: getting back to it
    Last hard: sleeping (normally I can sleep for England but a lot of things to think about at the moment).
    Lyrics: nope

Snow Chick :S  I'm coming over on Monday, I hope it doesn't snow...

Have a lovely day all.
  • I did thank you chicksta. What a difference a day and a good night's sleep make. Hope you have a good session.

Enjoy your social run emzap.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LMH glad to see you slept better and it paid off
    Chicksta glad you did too
    Emzap, hope you're ok and the 10k is fun!

What: a nice 3.15 miles, I also slept better last night
    why: see above
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all, looking forward to Wembley later but very nervous.... 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Glad to hear that there were two sleeping beauties last night, not so good for Emz (early night...??)
    what - easy run lunchtime, coaching this evening
    why - recovery
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - last night: 5x600s at VO2 max pace (around 6min/miling), 200 very slow recovery
    lyric - don't think so
  • Just realised that as usual I was still half asleep when starting the thread - last rest was yesterday of course.
  • What: pool swim 1k
    why: loosen up after yesterday's hilly run then badminton 
    last rest: Monday (didn't leave house)
    last hard: xc
    lyrics no

ow swim later then overnight boat to Aberdeen
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Thought I had posted this morning after not a very good night's sleep: the positive was listening to the cricket from around 5. Exciting game but ended in an England defeat with three balls to go.

Enjoy the match, Wabo

What: will go for a walk later

Why: it is a very pleasant day!

Just back from having a chat with my ex UK Athletics Team doc friend who thinks that I should start to use the back more as he thinks it will be well on the way to healing...but should try and get at least an x-ray, and preferably a scan, before being too adventurous! Will message consultant shortly!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon again!

Meant to say that, surprise, surprise, I don't know the lyrics!

What: pleasant walk from E.D. Tesco up to and around Burnage parkrun, and back. OH will probably run some of this over the next few days!

Why: walking is better than nothing!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: 11.4 km in total
    Why: the route, though we probably did more like 12 km.  We stopped our stopwatch wherever the snow was higher than the tops of our shoes...
    Last hard: not getting wet feet on that run!

Was good fun and though my legs ache now, it didn't feel too hard whilst I was doing it.  Longest run since being ill :)

Sounds like a nice walk Ale :)