Saturday 10th March 2018 - I've gone through life white-knuckled

Morning.

Lyrics - I've gone through life white-knuckled

Hope your knee is better this morning Benjy - and that your hangover isn't too bad:-)

Did you find an alternative drinking companion Alehouse?

Have a good weekend RFJ.

Woke up aching and with a filthy sinus headache this morning, thought to myself that it was a good thing I had a week until my race - then remembered that actually it's tomorrow...........hopefully taper madness.

What:          easy miles
Why:           racing tomorrow
Last hard:   realising the race is tomorrow
Last rest:    6/3
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: a walk and possibly the fitness suite

Why: to and at parkrun. You never know who you might bump into! Fitness suite will depend on both time and my back which is very tender this morning, but hopefully in a good way. Worked hard on it yesterday.

No, didn't go out LMH: unusually stayed in and watched TV (two gardening programmes), then early night. Poor night's sleep though: good job there was cricket on the radio.

Hope it is indeed taper madness that is getting the better of you!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh no LMH. Hope it clears off.

Ale: it's gotta get worse before it gets better.

What: quick run to shops d+d. A few more miles planned when rain clears off.
    Why: I have time
    Last hard: I have DOMS from the gym
    Last rest: 1/3
    Lyrics: somewhat familiar but not sure

Yesterday's were Are friends electric by the brilliant Gary Numan and his Tubeway Army. I was 11 when the song came out and had a total crush on him :D
  • Morning

LMH: I hope they go away and you are fine for tomorrow:-)

Sorry I have been awol but have this virus thing and feeling pretty rubbish with it so no running since Tuesday:-( I am also a tad grumpy about it so thought best to stay away.

What: Nothing
    Why: Virus
    Last hard: The above
    Lyrics: Yes
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hope your back eases Alehouse.

Sorry to hear that you're under the weather Poppy.

I did know your lyrics then chicksta. Enjoy getting outside.

Very wet underfoot here though mild and still. I think I may be paddling rather than running in parts. Thinking about it the aching limbs may be the result of a bit of over zealous spring cleaning yesterday (I was under employed again and had time to fill). The headache hasn't shifted though. Hopefully a run will clear it and if not I'll try a decongestant.
  • Are friends electric! Doh! So easy when the answer has been revealed, it was a NO for me yesterday then. I remember when I was a kid Gary Numan being interviewed on TV in a type of sealed booth as it was claimed he was electrified and dangerous and he spoke like a robot. The theatrical element freaked me out then, being a kid I believed it.

Knee twingy but less of a problem. Sorry to hear of all the illness and setbacks, the weather will change rapidly soon and everything will be tiptop.

Today: Intending 16 mid-morning, but will go for 6, then 10, then 13, then 16 if the knee is happy at those stages. Park at sea road up to muddy railway track then back to car and see if the 13 can become 16 around the headland.
    Why: Got to get the miles in for next month
    Lyrics: Yes (72%) No (28%)

Keep well chaps

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning! 

Good to see OH again at parkrun! Very wet underfoot but had largely stopped raining for the run. There may be the odd photo later!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I decided to embrace the wet and splashed through the puddles - though it wasn't as though I could have avoided them anyway. Mild and still so a lovely morning for running, typical when I'm just doing a shorter one.

Do you run along the cinder track towards Whitby Benjy? Hope your knee held up.

Has your back eased Alehouse?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, back is easier thanks LMH! Won't be helped by laying a small laminate floor by Monday. Underlay is down but not sure if I can manage to cut the boards. May have to send for a friend to help! Or eldest tomorrow.
  • Careful Alehouse!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Very careful! A little at a time plus bending properly!
  • LMH: Cinder Track, Yes! Do you know it? I live near it.

Knee held out, really pleased managed 18 miles. I parked in the North Bay, ran up to the Cinder track then to Cloughton, really muddy and deep pools of water spanning the width so had to come back down the coast road and then rejoin. Back down to the North Bay then around the castle headland to Spa/Holbeck and back, all with some detours to pad the intended 13 to 18. Loads of running folk out today, all very cheery considering the conditions.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That sounds like a brilliant run, Benjy.

Poppy: sounds nasty

Not sure floor laying is such a good idea,  Ale...

The promised warm air never arrived here.  It was a rather dull and damp day. Still,  got out for another short run giving me 10k for the day.
  • When we stay in Whitby (which is as often as I can but not often enough) I do a lot of running along the cinder track. Well done on getting the 18 done.

Pretty grey all day here too chicksta. Forecast dry and relatively mild and still for the race tomorrow.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Managed 8.5 last night having had lunchtime scuppered.
    Today: 21.5 all on the back lanes and farm tracks, although the weather was pretty dire
    Why - LSR
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - today. Bit tired really - probably over did it last night - and was running on empty by the end. I usually go early (7ish) but had to leave it until 10:30 today (dental appt earlier).
    Village club awards night tonight. Popping along to show my face and cheer on the dozen or so I coach. 
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

Surrey half - don't know how it went as never made it (out of bed in time), lock and stock of it I was just too dammed tired, rolled over and went back to sleep, nothing lost as won the entry anyway....

So message went on facebook to the club, and lo and behold a group going out on the ridgeway.... so a nice muddy off road 11.75m with company, and a comedy slide into a puddle that gout me rather wet. followed up an hour ago with a 4.25m progressive run. so has been a good day all in all.

All that has helped take the sting out of Mums passing 10 years ago today and equally hard as it is Mothers Day.

Take care all