Friday 16th March 2018 - Ever since I was a child,

Morning.

Lyrics - Ever since I was a child,

I loved to wander wild

Another wet start to the day here - forecast for the weekend is getting worse every time I look at it - a high of 1C both days, winds gusting 40mph+ and snow all day tomorrow and into Sunday - it's the middle of March! Hope OH gets away ok.

Physio said my niggly knee was caused by a tight back? The human body never ceases to amaze me.

What:         easy miles
Why:          battered by physio
Last hard:  trying to guess whether Ashby will be on and if I'll run it if so
Last rest:   6/3

Yesterday's lyrics - Take It Easy - Eagles.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Chicksta: Sincere wishes for your dad and yourself, awful news and worry.

LMH: For hip stretches there are loads of stretches, but for our application at Taekwondo the Frog stretch aiming to ensure back feet together is a favourite and the Butterfly stretch. Not reccomended though until your knee is better due to the pressure supporting on the floor (Frog stretch). For back most certainly a foam roller from argos or somewhere, a wide one as the short ones fly off in all angles. Also sitting, legs out in front together straight down head resting on knees, takes time to get there though. Frog and Butterfly: https://gmb.io/hip-mobility/

Wabo: Tai Chi is one of those fascinating mysteries, good for balance I imagine and strong legs?

What: 10 mile
    Why: I have 1.5 hours spare this morning, the weather is interesting 'coming down in stair rods', St Patrick's Day tomorrow so no run just ruin.
    Lyrics: Er... um... well... no.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Chick: let's hope the good news continues about dad!

Wabo: have a great day tomorrow! 

Hope you can travel, OH!

And you've got us worried, Emz!

What: physio this pm regarding back

Why: trying to recover from a fracture. Not proving easy: the area is quite painful yesterday evening and overnight, for some unknown reason.

Prior to that am sadly going to a funeral: about 25 years ago I appointed a young teacher who turned out to be an excellent acquisition, later becoming my deputy and then recently a head in her own right. She even looked after my children when they were young.
    Went for a fairly routine op and passed away on the table. 49. And there's me complaining about my back. Puts things in perspective.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Chick: I really hope Dad comes through his op my best wishes to you both.You are in my prayers xx

Benjy: I have tight hip flexors always have, so thanks for recommendations will go take a look.

Ale: so sorry to hear your news no age at all:-(

What: 7.15 miles

Why: Because hip she said yes

Last hard:  Hip and The weather for the weekend

Lyrics: yes I am on a streak;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Chick - hope Daddy is recovering well and keeping everything crossed for a speedy recovery
    Benjy - Thanks for the link
    LmH - forecast is for 2c, possible snow and feels minusy if you take wind chill into account. The organisers put a post out yesterday saying they will update today about a cancellation. The same advice from Reading Half and Eastleigh 10k both also on Sunday.
    what - easy miles
    why - taking it easy
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - I think so

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Benjy, it is really good for all sorts! Balance, legs and mind.  I love it.
    WP glad hip she said yes!
    Dustin  Enjoy the easy miles
    alehouse, oh goodness me, I had one of those moments yesterday, moaning about bathroom not being done then found out my mate has the all clear now from breast cancer!! So much more important.  So sorry to hear about your friend, thats so young :-(
    LMH it is amazing indeed, enjoy your easy miles

I am so excited about my birthday tomorrow!  Having a bash friends family etc etc and they are all so excited too it makes it even better!!

What: only  mile
    Why as time didnt allow more
    last hard this  morning felt very
    Last rest: 31/12/16

I will do a park run in the morning, birthday or not, new category to dip my toe into!!
    Have a great weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • It's lovely that you're so excited about your birthday Wabo. I hope you have a lovely day.

Sorry to hear about your friend Alehouse. A timely reminder to us all to make the most of what we have and appreciate the many good things in our lives.

Glad you were able to run again Poppy.

Not just us forecast to get the bad weather then Dustin. It's been mad this year.

Thanks Benjy. Unfortunately my knees will never get better as I have a degenerative condition that will eventually lead to knee replacements. I have a foam roller which gets a fair bit of use - along with a stick.

The rain stopped shortly after I set out for my run so I enjoyed a pleasant few miles splashing through the puddles and getting muddy. Time to head to work once I've had my second breakfast.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

So this weekend last year I had snow on the start line and published a video of me shaking trying to eat chips. This weekend the weather turns to pooh again - !!!!!! ARGH !!!!!!!

Onwards then

What: easy run and easy ride PM
    Why: getting ready for Sunday
    Last hard: Wednesday I coached and ran some minute reps
    Last rest: Friday 12th January
    Lyrics: LOL and NO

helping at my local parkrun tomorrow before doing my last little jog.

• Which race on Sunday Gobi?

Ashby have made the call early and cancelled.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    DUATHLON CANCELLED
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Short in and out. Fingers crossed Chicksta. Ale...no words appropriate can be found.So sad.
    AWOL due to variety of circs. SVT too frequent and currently have Delhi Belly day 4 and counting. 
    What: 5K treadie
    Why: All I could manage due to both interruptions above
    Last Hard: Have to put in context :-) Probably stopping today's second SVT
    Last rest: Wed...slept most of the day
    Lyrics: Familiar but no.
    Supposedd to parkrun tomorrow-feasible  then Half Mara Sunday _ Unlikely unless I can start eating again tomorrow :-(

• Sorry to hear that you're struggling SC.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Good to see you, SC...but not under the circumstances that you mention! Get well...and more importantly find a way to get the SVT sorted!

Funeral was a major celebration of my colleague's life with 12 speakers and 2 singers. The C of E Church she attended had to "borrow" the neighbouring Catholic Church as they knew it would be well attended: probably 6-700. And the day was a bit of a marathon with the service, the cemetery and then the reception, which is probably still going on! We were all issued with purple ribbons with her name/dates on and a book mark to remind us of her favourite hobby. Unfortunately I had to leave...

What: physio for lots of gentle stretching exercises for the back...plus I ran a mile in just over 6 minutes on the treadmill (although it was at 70% bodyweight). Will see how I react overnight!

Sorry to hear that events are off, but not really a surprise given the forecasts. Uni past v present race and AGM tomorrow: always in mid March and on the 46 occasions that I have been it has never snowed. Wonder if tomorrow will be a first.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.