Options

Wednesday 28th March 2018 Jojo was a man who thought he was a loner

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Jojo was a man who thought he was a loner

What: easy day with just some gentle stretching

Why: want to get back better

Yesterday evening worked the back really hard, following a programme set by physio along the Pilates/yoga lines. As expected back is sore this morning!

Last half day of work before 16th April!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

Hope your back stops moaning soon Alehouse. That's a late return to work, enjoy the break.

Another wet day forecast here.

What:            easy miles/coffee and cake
    Why:             marathon/friend is free and I have no work
    Last hard:     yesterday's miles didn't feel as easy as the pace suggested
    Last rest:      6/3

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    And I hope I can stop moaning about my moaning back soon, LMH! Enjoy the cake etc!

OH: I take it "Scrabster" is not a term of endearment but a place on your journey home! 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Chiksta: Think I've just twigged yesterday's lyrics, need the reveal. Like the anticipation of game show contestant, I wouldn't gamble for the speedboat though, not that confident.

AH: I do hope that back is on the mend, enjoy the time off!

LMH: Good news on the knees

Wabo: That's along time since you had a rest day! You deserve a TV dinner and a long film like Laurance of Arabia.

OH: Where North? North just keeps going, I don't think it truly exists, when you get North the signs still read 'To The North'.

Emzap: Hope you haven't got the DOMS after your class.

Chicksta: 12 miles, good going you!

Dustin: Good double accidental tactic.

Didn't do 10 yesterday was clock watching as busy, did 8.25, the 0.25 is really important to add! However over-egged the pudding a bit yesterday as I did an hour hour stretching in the gym yesterday evening whilst youngest daughter had her Taekwondo class, then I had my Taekwondo class later that evening. Slept well.

Got cousins over from Ireland arrivig late tonight, so got a lot of work to get through today before they come. But going to try for 10 again today, between 11-1 ish, I have to carefully time it for the exit of Ken Bruce and the arrival of Jeremy Vine. Simple run around the sea road/castle headland it allows a 6, 8 or 10 to be decided at specific points.

Lyrics: Oh most certainly, a true classic
    What: 8 again, hopefully 10, (only truly have time for a 6)
    Why: It's the law of the subconscious decision making

Have a good one!

• Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Here you go Benjy: Desire by U2 were yesterday's :)

That was quite a busy day for you there with lots of exercise. Bet Taekwondo is great cross training for flexibility. They don't have it in my gym otherwise I would have tried it.

LMH: Enjoy coffee and cake :)

Ale: Hope the back soreness is the kind of thing that gets worse before it gets better, i. e. a good sign

What: gym session - 10k easy on TM and functional strength
    Why: it was raining
    Last hard: weighted squats (my butt is sore :wink: )
    Last rest: 18/3
    Lyrics: yes - got the tune stuck in my head now

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Ale - Hoping too that the back soreness is a good omen
    LmH - surely double cake, seeing as it is almost Easter!
    Benjy - Hope you squeeze in what you want!

What - easy miles and coaching tonight
    Why - legs battered / routine
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - yesterday. 5x1200 reps on legs still humming from Sundays trail race. Averaged something like 6:20mile pace so not too far off 5k speed. Longish recovery (600 easy). Just over 10 in total including w/u & c/d
    lyric - I'd be surprised if there are any "no" answers today.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    alehouse, I remember getting an achy back after lots of stretches and the back did ease right up after, hope the same happens for you
    dustin, hope your battered legs get rest tonight!
    LYRICS oh yes finally I know them
    chick enjoy the gym and 10k
    benjy, I am a streak runner lol a mile is my rest! But a long film sounds good
    lmh enjoy the easy, coffee and especially the cake! 
    Alehouse, 16/4/18 m the day I buy my season ticket at the new 'Lane'
    what: 3 miles ish later
    why: fancy
    last hard: 1ast night 4.5 with work mate, very!!
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Moan away Alehouse - you've had a lot to put up with.

Hope you can make the window of opportunity stretch to 10 Benjy.

Speedy reps on tired legs Dustin. Hoping to get out for coffee and cake again on Friday:-)

We were forecast rain all day chicksta but I managed a dry dog walk and run - bonus! Coffee and cake will be in the time that I might have made the gym today but there's always tomorrow for that, got to get your priorities right:-)

Wabo - I haven't had any time with my friend and goddaughter for a while so looking forward to it - and the cake of course! Enjoy your run later.

As I said above bonus good weather for my run (it's raining now) and no time constraints as under employed and not required at the in laws today so with the prospect of outrageous cake calories as motivation I managed a MLR. Legs obviously appreciated yesterday's easy miles as they were positively sprightly in places, beginning to think I just might have another sub 3 in them though not counting any miles before they're run.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Lyrics yes
    At work today and weather dreich. 
    Assuming 6h+ driving time doesn't count, last rest was yesterday. It was also hard!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Got back from work sand started to tidy up after builders...now sleeting! May head for the fitness suite. 

Have season tickets gone up much Wabo?
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Let you know when I buy alehouse but almost certainly going to be dearer.  Hard to compare really because I only had one at Wembley.  I think my mate who had one before has paid at least a £100 more and I don't think they now include the first cup games. 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Happy Wednesday. CFlying visit : Soz
    What: Fair five miler
    Why: All I have time for today
    Last Hard: Last Friday;
    Last Rest: That Wed
    Lyrics: Indeed.
    Hope back holding up Ale and foot Emz. Hailstones were a bit interesting.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Back eased during the day so, given the weather, I paid a short visit to the fitness suite: exercise bike, glute stretches plus single leg press holds. 

Then into the garden as the sun was out: lasted about ten minutes before the rain came again.
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

for some reason, couldn't post last night, site kept crashing.

anyway, worked from home yesterday, so a nice double run inc a MP effort (10.35m in total)

Today a short set of intervals 4.1m in total

Hope all are well

Take care