Friday 30th March 2018 - Walking down 29th and park

Morning.

Lyrics - Walking down 29th and park

We had a lot of rain yesterday evening/night but it is forecast to be dry today - best make the most of it though, the rest of the long weekend doesn't look great with snow forecast for Monday:-(

What:          easy miles
Why:           it's what I do
Last hard:   waiting for the summer
Last rest:    6/3
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Freezing fog here :(
    Will run in the afternoon when it should have cleared.

Enjoy the good weather while it lasts LMH. More snow forecast here too. I'm a bit bored now.

Yesterday's lyrics where Fires of Spring, Chris Rea.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Grey here.

What: just a walk

Why: fitness suite closed. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Emzap: It will be second day DOMS today, ouch, it’s the second day that gets me.

Wabo: You need to get one of those exploding neck collars that Arnie wore in the Running Man film for OH as deterrent to exceeding the required proximity when running. I think JML make them and available at Wilkinsons.

LMH: I’m wondering if pick up from Expo is just a method to guarantee footfall to sponsor stands. A real pain for out of towners.

AH: Fingers crossed for results

SC: Very admirable clearing the forest.

Chicksta: Are you sure you are not trapped in a snow globe by some wicked queen’s spell.

What: Not sure, have cousins stopping, if I can get out for a five miler before breakfast then so be it, otherwise it is ice-creams on a cold seafront for my two daughters and their four daughters.

Why: Run, Ice-Cream and giddy holiday excitement by six under 10s is the meaning of life

Lyrics: Yes, but not from my CD collection, I happen to have heard it drifting around from other people’s speakers.

T-Shirts and shorts weather soon, I promise.

Have a good Friday!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all, Happy Easter (weekend)

a very wet Chippenham Good Friday 10 mile race this morning, but you cant beat an Easter Bunny medal and Easter Egg though :-)

Aim was not to drop below 7:15mm pace.... only the second mile let me down with a 7:16, a good 30 second negative split on an out and back course esp as the 2nd half is slightly harder. 1st Strider in for the club too so happy with that as well. 1:11:10 on the watch. so will see what the results come out like later.

So a really great start to the weekend even if it is cold and wet :-)

Take care

• Afternoon,
    Back home from my break late wednesday and just playing catch up ever since and still not on top of things!!
    I ran every day sometimes twice a day and I walked 15 miles most days so to say I am a wee bit tired is an understatement!
    My hip does not like travelling so it gave me grief yesterday just 2 mile run but now I am aware of it will factor it into my travelling.
     What 5.6 miles
    Why: Hip she said lets go
    Last hard: The tiredness/hip
    Lyrics : I do believe so
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    RFJ - well done, great time, great pacing
    Emz - How very dare you! I have no easter eggs as yet, Yesterday I managed about 14 chocolate and orange hot cross buns (they are the little, 9 in a pack ones though) plus some lemon drizzle and tiramisu cake. All carbs right?

What - 17 trail miles - wetter than a haddock's bathing costume and muddier than a hippos jacuzzi. T-shirt and shorts weather though.
    Managed the top line in dog walker's bullshit bingo though after mutt clawed and tried to bite my upper thigh/backside:
    "Didn't see the keep the dog on a lead sign"
    "He IS under control" (That's why it attacks people then??)
    "He's never done that before" 
    Idiots. They walk among us.
    Why - miles
    Last Rest - 15/12
    Last hard - today, even though pace was merely 9s. Legs probably a bit tired after bouncing around to the Wombats at Southampton Guildhall last night. Gig night with my two babies. They certainly get their dance moves from me (think bad dad dancing). Poor things. 

Happy Easter!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Well done RFJ! And well toughed out Dustin! Can picture the dancing!

Very pleasant day here with occasional sun and only the briefest shower around 10. 

That's a lot of walking, WP! And running!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    You make me laugh Dustin :grin:

Sounds like a productive running break,  Poppy.

Well raced RFJ :+1:

Benjy: you could well be onto something there....  Need to smash that snow globe to pieces :)

Well,  the freezing fog gave way to brilliant sunshine and a strong Easterly wind.  Still,  made the most of it as it will be snowing for the next two days if the forecast is to be believed

What: 18 miles
    Why: see above
    Last hard: the outbound against the wind.  I ran a 3 min negative split without increasing effort
    Last rest: 18/3
    Lyrics: no
  • I am in awe of your cake eating ability Dustin. I struggled with a single (admittedly large, the ladies at the lovely Fintons Bakehouse seem to have made it their mission to fatten me up) piece of white chocolate and raspberry cake this afternoon.

It was really quite nice if a little cool until mid afternoon here Alehouse but very wet now. Shame about the fitness suite, is it closed all weekend? Fortunately our gym is open throughout - went and did my little gym programme this afternoon.

Six under ten sounds like hard work Benjy. I hope it was warm enough for ice cream and a good time was had by all (after you'd got a few miles in hopefully).

Sounds like you need a break to recover from your holiday Poppy!

Enjoy the Easter Egg RFJ.

Hope the fog cleared for you chicksta and you had a good run.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Struggled to get out of the door this morning and my anticipation was justified: horrid biting northeasterly with sleet!
    why: haven't run for 5 days
    last rest: yesterday (waited in all day for friends who then called off)
    last hard: Sunday
    lyrics: no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thought of you, OH, as I strolled around a remarkably dry (both above and underfoot) HM Common this afternoon prior to strolling around the big supermarket beginning with T. And off to HM again this evening for a little anaesthetic in The Griffin.

Back is a little tender this evening: could be the moving of paving slabs or painting: whichever, the anaesthetic should help.
  • "Moving paving slabs ..."?
    Is this wise?