Sunday 1st April 2018 Wise Men Say

Morning, and Happy Easter and April Fool's Day all rolled into one!

Lyrics: Wise Men Say...

What: will try to get a double run in with a 9 o'clock Great Run Local 5k followed by another at 11. Should get a few ks in inbetween

Why: time I upped the miles. 

Enjoy your day!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - This Woman's Work by Kate Bush.

Glad to see that yesterday's experiment was a success and you're ready to push on and get back into training proper Alehouse:-)

What:          eating Easter Eggs until I'm sick
    Why:           isn't that what you're supposed to do today?
    Last hard:   deciding which to have first
    Last rest:    6/3

Lyrics - I think so.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • AH: That would be good going if that can be done to toady. Good luck with that.

Bucketing it down here. Didn't get to do my long one yesterday. My cousins were here in to the afternoon, only managed a 6 early evening. Going down to London Tuesday, so really hoping to get a long one in either today or tomorrow, but got work to finish before I go, going to try this morning.

What: Daren't say a long one, if I do it doesn't happen.
    Why: Want to get it in before going away.
    Lyrics: Yes

Enjoy eggs!

Heard about that Lirpa Loof bear that London zoo has that does purple poo?

• to toady? That should say today.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

What: my Pilates routine at the fitness suite plus 10 minutes running on a shale surface, covering a whole 1.57k.

Why: would have been a complete fool to rush in and do what I suggested earlier. I'm sure you didn't believe I would.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Enjoy those eggs LMH :)

Didn't think you would,  ale. Hope the back is OK.

I know runners do purple poo when they down too much beetroot in a hope to improve endurance ;)

Hope you got a decent run in,  Benjy.

What: 10 mile progression run
    Why: time to put a bit of effort in
    Last hard: The first 5 miles were brutally windy.  Tailwind on the return was nice though.
    Last rest: 18/3
    Lyrics: yes
  • Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭
    Arvo all, sorry for the absence

What: AM - jog/walk to test the achillies 
             PM- Aiming to sit on the bike for T2 stuff
    Why: Staff 70.3
    Last hard: My chest ( see below)
    Last rest: 31/03

I have a virus... right when I was getting back into training it hit me. Nasty cough, no sinus involvement but I have been coughing so much my abs hurt. Anyway.. I had 3 days 'off' training but had some family commitments I needed to attend with my OH. So late nights and feeling exhausted anyway. 

Positives was a jog run today in new trail park I found. I took it easy so only 20 mins total of jogging with walk breaks. Felt good. No pain re achillies which was nice. Now I just need to get better so I can start my now 9 week training block before the race. 

No eggs for me- but I did have pancakes with bacon this morning... Easter is my excuse for that! 
  • Phew! Did me 22, actually it was 22.75 when got home. Covered in mud, really boggy mud in places and plenty of hills, (no shale though). Was determined to get this one in before going away on Tuesday as it would be cutting it fine before Marathon day. Managed a snickers at mile 16 again, think I've started something.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    great running Benjy

Sorry to hear about the bugs Dibs

Hard parkrun for me yesterday after Fridays race 22:03....

8.8m today as back to a short race tomorrow (5m trail)

Happy Easter all

Lyrics, yes

Take care
  • Glad you managed to get your long run in Benjy.

Alehouse - I thought you were as likely to do that as I was to stuff myself silly with Easter eggs:-) Glad you were able to get another run in.

Hope you're feeling better soon Dibs.

It was a nice morning for running here chicksta - raining now though. Do you have a Bank Holiday tomorrow?

MLR for me this morning and the legs obviously thought that yesterday's ten was the equivalent of a day off as they were surprisingly bouncy despite the big week/month.

Enjoy your race tomorrow RFJ.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Wow,  that's a proper long run Benjy :+1:

LMH: I love that bouncy feeling. Doesn't happen much to me though...  Proper 4 day weekend here with tomorrow off as well.

Good luck RFJ.

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather Dibs.
  • Same here chicksta - just have to enjoy it when it does! What do you have planned for tomorrow's bonus day off? No idea what we're doing but it will be something with just the two of us (had the in laws round for their lunch today).
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Quality miles Benjy!
    what - 13 trail, wet and muddy with a few pals. Gardening all afternoon.
    why - social
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - Friday probably
    Hoping to get my last lsr in tomorrow

no eggs here