Autumn Marathon

I was due to do the Brighton Marathon this weekend but had to pull out due to a hip flexor strain I picked up about a month ago. As a result I have decided to target an Autumn marathon (Dublin on Oct 28th) I think the injury should be fully healed in a couple of weeks so I was wondering what type of training I should do in the time before my next marathon cycle begins in July? As I got injured so late in the current training cycle should I act as if I completed the race and have a recovery period, or perhaps use this to build my aerobic base up? Looking back at my training i am 100% sure the injury was caused by doing to many runs at marathon pace (I think i did 75% of my long runs at close to MP!! madness looking back at it!) and neglecting easy efforts. During the injury I have mixed limited running with cross training (eliptical) so think I have made a pretty decent attempt at maintaining my fitness levels. I have a HM at the start of June, I'm pretty happy with my current HM PB so am not really targeting anything special.

Any thoughts or previous experiences would be much appreciated.

Thanks!