What: a run of some sort
Why: it's what I do
Last hard: cold again
Last rest: 18/3

Comments

• Options
    Morning.

More rain here chicksta:-(

I'd have thought the back would have been more of an issue than the ribs Gobi?

What:          short and easy
    Why:           taper
    Last hard:   tapering
    Last rest:    6/3

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    AH (SC): I've done my last long one 22 miles last Sunday before I went away according to the VLM intermediate schedule, so did the 13.1 yesterday a few days later than the plan as was away (should have been Sunday). For my last marathon I trained with a guy that was using the Asics plan, it seems pretty similar. Just feels a bit wierd to be cutting the miles down prior to the Marathon. I realise it is important not to cause injury at this stage now, but I feel that I end up getting used to short runs again before the Marathon. It feels as though I should be doing regular runs of a minimum 10 miles, I know that shouldn't be the case.

LMH: Did you get that ark built? Wish I had, lack of preparation on my part means I'm clinging to a large infltable flamingo for bouyancy in the flooded garden. We have had some very thick sea fret (fog) after the rain. You expect to see hovering pirate galleons emerging through the fret, at least I do.

Gobi: OUCH! What a gutter! Ribs are a nuisance break, not obvious to others being injured but prevent activity. It was like my double hernia op last year, the recovery was awful and frustrating, (but I got two hernias being silly).

What: Should really be a gym day today, but fancy a run this afternoon or lunchtime. Will leave myself guessing all morning at work.

Why: I like a self-initiated surprise

Lyrics: Sounds familiar, but it's a no from me.

• Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were, "Off the Wall", Michael Jackson.

Don't know today's.

What: probably a walk plus exercise bike

Why: taking it easy until I have seen the consultant about my back.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    VLM Question: I'm trying to find out which start colour I am to plan route from Covent Garden, I've checked all info sent and all I have is race number, do you only find out when you pick up at Expo? Really frustrating, am I missing something?

Lyrics: Still a no
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Benjy - if you scroll through the e-mail VLM sent, then on page 10 there is a summary:

Numbers 2651 to 23370, 24471 to 25810 and 59481 to 62800 will start from the Blue Start.
    Numbers from 23371 to 24470 and 25811 to 30920 will start from the Green Start on Blackheath.
    Numbers 30921 to 33380 are Fast Good for Age competitors. You will assemble at the Fast Good for Age area, which is outside the main gates of Greenwich Park. Runners cannot gain access to this area via the Red Start assembly area.
    Numbers 33381 to 59480 will start from the Red Start.

My taper cuts long run mileage: 21 3 weeks out , 16 last weekend, 12 this week

So today : easy run lunchtime, coaching this evening
    Why - recovery/routine
    last rest - 15/12
    last hard - last night: 3x1600s with 800 easy recovery: 6.02/6.00/6.01

RFJ is probably smiling with the Fulham surge to the PL
  • Options
    Dustin that's fantastic, thank you so much for that, doh! I think I may need somebody to do my shoelaces for me also at the start. I've been through everything I have and didn't see that. I'm a 54... number so a red start.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LMH - not really, I have lived with L4/5 issue for a while and the C5/6 thing they said is degeneration so also old

Broken ribs and bruised lungs are here and now and effect EVERYTHING

Ordered a watt bike last night so z1/2 work can rstart asap when ready
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Gobi is already making plans, excellent :+1:  Rib injuries suck - they're so damn painful and take forever :(

Dustin: Stormin' 1600s - very impressive. And so consistent too.

Benjy: sounds a bit like that old John Carpenter movie The Fog :s

Re. lyrics: I take it you've all watched Blues Brothers so you DO know those lyrics :)

Ale: Hope there's good news for you on Saturday

What: another MLR done - the wind was a bit of a nuisance but legs felt fine. Either my Garmin is broken or I am indeed getting back to some sort of form. Pace was a pleasant surprise :D
    Why: enjoying my come back
    Last hard: the headwind in places plus I wore tights and a jacket again. No gloves and no hat though.
    Last rest: 18/3

• Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Gobi.....ouch....heal well.  Good news Ale...long may it continue.
    Taper well VLMers. Chucking it down here Chicksta but preferable to cold whilst still on blood thinners :-)
    Benjy: Free trains just a walk away at Charing Cross Station. I'd get there for 7'ish and grab an early one.
    DOMS easing a bit and had fun at club last night doing some of that pyramid stuff :-)
    Lyrics: Yes
    What: Hopefully a steady 5
    Why: Working back up for the weekend parkrun and CSunday 10K
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Last Rest: Last Thursday
    Have a good day all
  • Options
    I know Gobi - I broke five of mine when I came off my bike and had a punctured lung.

You'll appreciate the taper when your legs start bouncing again Benjy. Enjoy whatever you decided to do today. We seem to be drying out a little here which is nice. Forecast for Sunday is looking good (yes, I've got to the 'check the weather' stage).

Hope you get god weather for your walk Alehouse.

I do 12 two weeks out Dustin and I did 10 on Sunday.

Managed to avoid rain for this morning's short run, drizzling and breezier than yesterday but not bad conditions.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    I do know the lyrics!
    chick enjoy your run, hope it warms up! oh seems you did enjoy, think my garmin is working the opposite!
    Gobi, oh my goodness thats awful for you! Those race crashes always look so scary
    LMH sorry I missed your cake by the ocean!  Hope you had alovely day
    Benjy enjoy your surprise
    alehouse, hope you're good 
    SC enjoy the steady, daughter is waiting for an EP study and possible ablation, we went Barts last week they were really good
     Dustin enjoy your double
    what: 2.5 miles done this morning (my new minimum)
    why: fun
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have  a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    You'd believe it if it said you were slower chicksta!

Hope it dried up for your run SC.

I'm pleased to hear that Barts were good Wabo. Why the new minimum?
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH just found myself doing too many 1 mile runs! I don't mind 1x1 mile a week as it's like a rest day but was doing it too often.

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Sorry been hectic so haven't posted this week :sweat:

Quick recap:

Gobi wow that's not good.  I hope you heal quickly.
    Ale glad to hear check up went well.  Fingers crossed for scan results
    Taperers don't go too mad!

So Monday I did 8 km at running club.  We did lamppost intervals, me and 5 sub 21 min 5 km men...they made sure I had a head start on every one!  Was fun but got soaked.

Yesterday was the last day in my job.  Went to Sheffield to hand everything back and so did a lot of walking.  Then out in the evening celebrating.

Today will probably go to circuits this evening.  Dad has been and gone.  Collected dress for wedding and chose a place to go after the registry office.  Finally day 1 of wedding preparations are complete.

Have a lovely day all (let's see if I stay motivated and make it to circuits - it's not looking so good at the moment!).
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Hope you made it to circuits, Emz! Unfortunately I didn't make it to the fitness suite: after my relatively short walk my back was in discomfort so decided to err on the side of caution.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    What:
    1. 5k loop before lunch
    2. Short sea dip
    3. Intervals on track with club (yes!)
    Why:
    Kill or cure
    Last hard:
    Track
    Last rest:
    More than a week ago
    Lyrics:
    As usual
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Track, OH! Hope you can walk tomorrow!
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Thanks Ale you persuaded me! Was fun but oh so painful. In total 1 hour circuits and 3.7km run.
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Hope you can walk tomorrow, as well, Emz!! Glad you got there!
  • Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Evening all, 

No running today but hope to get a quick run in tomorrow, hopefully 5 miles or so.  For today, it has just been ~14 miles of cycling.

Lyric: Yes... I think.

Hope all is well with everyone. :)
    Have a good day. image