Options

Saturday 14th April 2018 - See a clinic full of cynics

Morning.

Lyrics - See a clinic full of cynics

That was two good days in a row though OH.

Sounds like a packed weekend RFJ.

Weather is looking ok for tomorrow though typically there's about twice the wind speed forecast as for today <<sigh>> at least it's supposed to warm up a little and be dry which will make a pleasant change. Not travelling until this afternoon and probably would have gone tomorrow but it's an 0900hrs start and about an hour and a half drive so it would have made for an early start (though had it been planned for me rather than P that's probably what I'd have done). Didn't sleep well and have woken with a sinus headache and a sore throat - hopefully just the taper talking - at least according to the scales yesterday's carb loading went well............

What:           short and easy
Why:            marathon tomorrow
Last hard:    believing I can run a marathon in the morning
Last rest:     13/4
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options
    Morning

LMH: You were up early this morning!  enjoy the short and easy run :-) 

Enjoy all whom are racing this weekend and parkrunners:-)

What: medium long run hopefully
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: beginning of week and getting out of bed!
    Lyrics: Nope

Enjoy your runs today:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: some walking at parkrun

Why: all I can manage at present...at least until I see consultant about my back this pm.  

Have a restful day, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Off to Sheffield soon to see a friend, did 7 miles yesterday, few puddles and a bit of drizzle.

AH: I'll pop don to Burnage parkrun next Saturday.

LMH: Good luck with your marathon tomorrow, hope it goes well.  Any target in mind?

WP: Enjoy the MLR.

Lyrics: Nope.

See ya.
    Have a good day. image
  • Options
    Couldn't sleep Poppy.

Just fur miles run this morning Alehouse - though I have almost walked five already.

Thanks Ollie. I'd like to go sub 2.54 or PB (2.55.38) or at least run sub 3 again.

Beautiful morning here, ideal running weather.
  • Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Parkrun done. Legs very busy heavy but 26 min.

Have a lovely sunny day all
  • Options
    LMH: Wow 2:54 for a marathon, really hope you manage it, 2:55 is amazing as it stands, and there is me hoping to creep under 4 for VLM, think I did my best at 3:42.

Ollipop: San Fransisco of Yorkshire, so they say. Are you Yorkshire based?

Worse for wear this morning, my girls at dancing so a gym session for me.

What: Leg press, leg curl.
    Why: Get the pins energised
    Last Hard: Stumbling through the front door quietly last night
    Lyrics: No
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Good parkrun this morning in 20:29 for 22nd so very happy

Off to London in a bit

Take care
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Good luck LMH

Nothing going on here except for pain
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    And pain here, also, but of a different sort: had a phone call from consultant's secretary to say that MRI scan results have yet to be interpreted so no option but to cancel this pm's appointment. So off to watch some cricket as the sun has just made an appearance after a cloudy morning. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Alehouse, must be frustrating. Hope you enjoy the cricket.

Much the same for you Gobi but with added ouch. Thanks for the good wishes.

Never say never Benjy, older and faster is my current motto:-)

Sounds like a good effort emzap.

Enjoy London RFJ.
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Not great news Ale. Hope it's dry for the cricket. LMH hang on in there. Look forward to the report. Well done EMZ and RFJ. Gobi: Heal well.
    parkrun a very mud 23.50 today but 17th overall and 1st in category so I'll take that. Frenchay 10K tomorrow.
    Lyrics: Yes
    What: parkrun followed by TKD
    Last hard: Legwork at tkd
    Last Rest: Thursday
    Sun's up and the washing is out so time to relax.
    Good luck all those racing this weekend
  • Options
    DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Well done to all parkrunners today.

Sorry to hear about those in pain, may it pass as soon as possible.

11th place at Perth parkrun this morning, 18:33.  My best since 2014 but hoped to go quicker.  Lovely day for it.  More warm up and warm down miles.  

Hope you smash it tomorrow,LMH, looking forward to hearing about your race.

Lyrics.  No.  The streak is over. 
  • Options
    Safely ensconced in Premier Inn in Boston and will be heading out for an early dinner soon. Lovely weather at the moment!
  • Options
    alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Pleasant afternoon at cricket, the score apart...plus an interruption when I had a phone call: Consultant phoned  to say that he had just received the MRI scan report. Shows that The fracture at T8 (not T7 as first thought) is healing, but slowly, plus about 25% of the bone at that vertebra is not present, if I understood correctly. Lots of calcium, vitamin D, walking and stretching. He is recommending that I see another consultant for a second opinion, particularly with a view to reducing pain and any inflammation via an injection. Will in fact be someone I have seen before when I damaged my neck in a car crash! Won't be running for a while, but at least nothing sinister showed up! Calcium levels better, and Vitamin D up from 50 to 91: keep taking the tablets!

Well done RFJSCDon and Emz

Eat and sleep well LMH!
  • Options
    chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Just popping in quickly to wish LMH best of luck for tomorrow. Go smash it.

Will read back tomorrow. Been on the road again to see mum and dad so not much time.