Tuesday 17th April 2018 - To Bombay a travelling circus came

Morning.

Lyrics - To Bombay a travelling circus came

It's frustrating and annoying Donaldo - I tried various diet tweaks, pre-biotics etc but to no avail as it turned out. Hope you can sort your issues.

Windy here this morning, we are forecast to begin summer tomorrow - that will be because it's my long day at work stuck in a windowless room then:-(

What:            short and easy/maybe a swim
Why:             I feel better when I'm moving
Last hard:     not eating everything that doesn't move quickly enough
Last rest:      13/4

Yesterday's lyrics - Time - The Pretenders.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes! Wonder what prompted this choice!

What: pilates style exercises later

Why: keep the back moving and hopefully strengthening

Back to work shortly.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    What - club session, just a relaxed couple of miles at MP with a slow easy warm up/cool down
    Why - taper
    last rest - yesterday in the end, opted not to pop out for 5 at lunchtime, instead I ate the best part of a whole carrot cake. Carbs right?
    last hard - A week ago, oh and QoP elbows in my glutes, achilles, hamstrings, calves....
    lyric - oh yes

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Hello

Thought I pay a visit. Just so I'm still alive I mentioned some stress last time 

Didn't say why. Got a council flat so no more sharing its been hectic sorting things out while still working.
    Week off last few bits moving the big stuff and getting all my bits out of here 
    Not been running sorry Ale but once in I can get back.

Funnily flat is in an area where I used to run with my first club back in the late 80s. Bit of nostalgia 

Back soon

Hope all are well 
  • Good news Pammie.

Definitely carb loading Dustin.

My left ankle and knee felt quite niggly when I walked Grace and I really wasn't sure if they would be ok to run on so rather than waste the morning I drove to the gym and ran from there. Fortunately they were fine running but I kept it short anyway, just four miles, then had a swim and steam. Work next.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

Great to see you Pammie and hope the move goes well.

LMH: Glad you had no problems and enjoyed you wee run:-)

Dustin: I see you opted to carb load instead:-)

What: 8  hilly miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Getting out of bed
    Lyrics: Yes indeed

I was lucky I had a very windy run but it stayed dry we have torrential rain all day....who said Shorts weather is on it's way?
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good to see you Pammie. Please stick around.

Glad you managed to stay dry, Poppy. I was blown about too and it was rather cold, but sunny.

LMH: Glad the knees behaved

What: another 11 miles
    Why: beautiful morning (apart from the wind)
    Last hard: that'll be on Sunday - 25 degrees is forecast which might just finish me off. At least I've done plenty of TM runs in the hot gym so I hope I'll be alright. Wish I'd opted for the first leg of the relays not the one towards the end ...
    Last rest: 18/3

Followed the Boston marathon on Twitter. So happy that Yuki won. He's my all-time hero. And kudos to Desiree Linden too. So glad I wasn't there to run it this year though. Imagine having to run in those conditions (4 degrees, driving rain and a full-on headwind).
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry: forgot to say yes, I know those lyrics
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon
    lyrics no
    pammie lovely to see you! I hope things are settling for you
    chicksta nice running
    wp nice one 8 hilly miles!!
    LMH sounds like you're ticking on nicely
    dustin, oh the elbows of the QoP
    alehouse enjoy the pilates, may the back get stronger!!

what: 3 miles this morning, with 20mins in there!
    why: I think I should
    last hard: that was
    last r est: 31/12/16

have  a good day, taking my daughter to theatre later, something new and small hope it's good!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Light 6 yesterday was a 5.5 after 13.1 day before. Done gym session, will have last run tomorrow.

Have a good day chaps, have a good time at theatre with daughter Wabo.

What: Gym session at lunchtime, Taekwondo this evening
    Why: It's Tuesday timetable
    Lyrics: I sing these to my youngest daughter Eleanor to her dismay
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hola

What: about 25 km trail run/scramble/walk along the gr211
    Why: it was there
    Last hard: that though the views were stunning.
    Lyrics: if Ben's was a clue then yes...

Weather report says it's 18C but I'm lying in a bikini by the pool so I don't believe that.  I hope chick that isit not this hot for you at the weekend.

Have a lovely day all
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    People who should be tapering, please taper, load those carbs and stay sane :-) Hi Pammie. Enjoy the mother and daughter time Wabo. Steady Ale. Went to NNEC for expo this morning and now back at work in Wales so
    What: Club sesh
    Why: It's Tuesday
    Last Hard: Strangely, yesterday's little run
    Last Rest: Last Thursday
    Lyrics: yep.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sorry Pammie, forgot to say good to see you. Please stick around :)
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

As I'm not running the full marathon I should hopefully be fine, even though it's supposed to be hot on Sunday, em. Last year was horrid because there was snow and cold. Never happy with the weather, are we ;) ?

I've now been officially branded a running nutter at work. One of the girls has caught a bad dose of bronchitis and is no longer able to run. They couldn't find a replacement runner so I volunteered to run her stage. I'm doing stage 3 for a slightly faster group, she was supposed to do the final leg for a slower group. Plan is to give it some welly on stage 3, change number & chip, wait for the handover and jog to the finish, soaking up the atmosphere. They're mostly 10 and 11 minute mile runners (nothing wrong with that) so I won't mess up their timing taking it easy.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Oh for sunshine: jealous Emz! Rain here nearly all day. 

Good to see you Pammie, and all sounds positive! Hope you are back to running asap! Hopefully I will be onto walk/run strategy in the near future.

Am sure you know the lyrics, Wabo! You have probably sung them to Cleo...and before that to your own children! 

Off for stretches etc shortly!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Another non running day
    Pool swim, sea swim now badminton.
    Felt it was best x-training
    Last hard trying to run on Friday
    Lyrics no

Day started with 45 mph winds and heavy rain... but has been a beautiful sunny afternoon  reaching about 15C
  • OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

Just a cycle to and from work today, nothing much else.

AH: Good to hear re: Burnage.  Will be sure to bring the book that you loaned me too.

Lyrics: Nope.

Hope everyone is well, and hope training/recovery is going well.

Cheers,

Ollie
    Have a good day. image