lyric - I push and you tend to shove
what - easy 3-4 miles
why - tapering
last rest - Monday
last hard - last week sometime

Another bright and sunny one here!

Comments

• Morning.

I tried to start the thread earlier Dustin but the site was being silly. I take it carb loading begins today? My favourite part of marathon training:-) It's a lovely morning here too.

My left ankle was very niggly first thing but seems a bit better after walking Grace. I know that I probably shouldn't run on it, especially this week when it serves no training purpose, but it's so nice I want to be out and yesterday walking was worse than running so I've taped it for support and will head out shortly. I have a physio appointment tomorrow afternoon, could have made it for this afternoon but I'm going out for a belated birthday lunch with a friend whose birthday is a week after mine and tempting though it was I didn't think I could cancel that to go to physio...........

What:         hopefully an easy run though will walk home if things aren't ok
    Why:          I just want to be out and running in this glorious morning
    Last hard:  difference between heart and head
    Last rest:   13/4

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Ooops wrote in end of Wednesday, copied pasted to Thirsday so not as to confuse top of the pile.

LMH: Good tip, I may take a hat then ditch it last minute if it doesn’t agree with me. I’m guessing discarded clothing goes to charity.

Chiksta: I know you what you mean it being relative, it’s just going from Arctic to Ethiopa in 48 hours gives me something to moan about, and the British weather is the one and alone thing to moan about. I think the decision for me though has been made, nice and steady for VLM, enjoy it, then then do York Mara again with intention of getting a better time.

Dustin: Hope the Expo was good.

Welshpoppy: Hope neck and shoulder ok today.

Tried to post also this morning, thought I can’t surely be first, chose song then got error no permissions garden community (!?). Felt great because I could put lyrics Yes.

Yesterday here was a very hot 23C 10 mile, no breeze of anything worthwhile from the sea. Funny how May to October regular long runs in hot humid weather, but the sudden change is something different. Just looked at Accuweather for London, predicting possible thunderstorms, that would actually be fun.

What: A fairly nippy 6 late morning, then that’s it until Sunday
    Why: Looked at what I did for York Marathon and it follows same for the Thursday beforehand
    Lyrics: Hurumph!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    I got that error first time Benjy, then reopened the window and posted again without any issue.
    Bit weird.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Morning

Back from Mallorca to very similar weather it was there!

What; something gentle
    Why: sprinted through airport to try and get to New Street in time to get train home (they are once an hour).  Made it onto New Street platform 15 sec after the train had left.  Then realised I'd hurt my leg sprinting through various transport hubs :S  Will try it out this morning as think it eases when I move.
    Last hard: sleeping, my leg was sore
    Lyrics: nope

Re eating like an elephant.  Despite my best efforts, I seem to be putting on weight all the time at the moment and no idea why.  I'm eating sensibly and running sensibly, so I'm blaming the stress :P  

Have a lovely day all and enjoy the sunshine :)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    lyrics no
    emzap hope your leg is ok, you and me both re weight, I'm fed up with it tbh
    ooh benjy your running sunday!! So is my work mate I must get up there to give a shout
    LMH hope that the run was glorious

I've recently found my MPG player my OH bought  l lost it ages ago, its so good when I run solo which is a lot

what: a glorious 2.5 miles
    Why: lovely sun
    last hard: this morning 
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a great day all - yoga again later
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Morning, nice and warm here too.  13.5 miles done and dusted, nice and easy pace, 8 min miles.  Enjoyed a wee fast section at the end.

LMH, hope the ankle was okay.  Emz, you too!  

Enjoy the final few wee runs if you are tapering for London! 

Lyrics, nope.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Did a very slow 5.5 km.  Leg is ok as long as I don't land on it the wrong way.  I'll take it easy and see what the physio says tomorrow.

Time for a spot of gardening :)
  • It was so nice out that I probably (ok, did) run further than I really should have. I may pay for it tomorrow but am icing in hope:-)

A nice, white, lightweight running cap is what you need Benjy, you won't even know you have it on. When are you heading to London?

Glad you were able to run emzap.

Not long until you taper now Donaldo?

You could try increasing your protein emzap and investing in some lower cal snacks - I love sweet chilli chickpeas (from Holland and Barrett) or dried coconut chips (either lightly salted or choc coated) as I like to sit and nibble and both of those seem to last for ages.

It sounds as though you enjoyed the sun this morning too Wabo - it makes such a difference.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    I’ll taper now LMH.  Plan is rest tomorrow, then 6 including some strides on Sat, 10 on Sunday, 4 on Monday, club night but just going easy on Tues, 5 or 6 on Wed and Thursday and then rest on both Fri and Sat before the race on Sunday.  I’ll be itching to get going by then.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Lyrics: no

Warm here, also!

What: walk plus fitness suite

Why: to try to prevent any more weight going on. Far too much has gone on since last June.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    G'day all. Hope the Maranoia is being kept at bay alongside the taper madness.
    Heavy and full day yesterday prevented any sort of run and same again today with the journey to Bala. 
    Seems I'm tapering if I want to or not. Flying tomorrow afternoon so might squeeze a short one in. Looking forward to getting away just for a few days! Keep it going Ale. Careful Emz. Heal well all benchies
    What: Nowt
    Why: Up north
    Last Hard: Yesterday's imppersonation of blue tailed insect then TKD
    Last Rest: Last Thursday
    Lyrics: No idea
  • I couldn't not run the day before a race Donaldo - I feel really sluggish and awful the day after a rest day.

It will come off once you can run again Alehouse - which will hopefully be soon.

Have a great weekend SC.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Legs still not right. Absolutely jiggered after parkrun trial yesterday. Don't know what's going on.
    Nice day here. Swam then decorated room with daughter. Attempted to run this evening but took forever to do 3.12 miles.
    lyrics: no
  • I'm guessing you've ruled out anaemia etc OH?
  • I like the idea of a MPG player, wabo  ;) . Right now, I could do with an RPM player!
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Isn't funny how we all prepare differently.  I like a rep session 2 days before most short races but have been known to take 2 days off for a 5K.  
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all

wont be around much at the weekend - reunion from the days in green

5.25m progressive run tonight

Take care