Saturday 21st April 2018 - All the waiters in your grand cafe

Morning.

Lyrics - All the waiters in your grand cafe

Hope the launch event goes well OH.

Enjoy parkrun all those participating.

Keep off your feet Dustin!

Not too bad a countdown then Donaldo though with exam season approaching quite stressful I imagine.

What:           either a run/bike ride or swim/lunch with P
Why:            depends on my ankle and knee/he wants to talk GFA plans and Mark is working this weekend
Last hard:    not running yesterday
Last rest:     20/4

Yesterday's lyrics - Stupid Girl by Garbage.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Blinking Nora, can't believe i didn't see yesterday's Stupid Girl by Garbage.

LMH: Swim would be good for ankle.
    OH and Park Runners: Hope you stay nimble and on tiptop form
    VLM'ers: Stay cool and refreshed, if you need flapjack on the route see the bloke in black t-shirt and cricket hat.

Fingers crossed I get to that desk before 5PM. This is the most anxious part of VLM, with everything else, planning for potential strikes, shrinking baggage, ticket reissues etc, money raising,  the run seems the easy part.

What: Heading for London
    Why: Because the streets are paved with gold and my youngest daughter want's an expensive  Barbie Malibu House.
    Lyrics: Blimey yes! I have that album on an old fashioned record in my parents attic, great cover.

• Have a great time Benjy!

Can't face the pool again - it's too nice out!
  • Morning

Benjy I hope you have a great time in London shall we look out for the flapjack king on TV in white cricket hat:-)

Good luck all racing this weekend be it VLM or another race I think SC is in Madrid? I remember my last London when Flora was the sponsor 2006:-)

What: Nowt
    Why: Feeling queasy, headache and just under the weather
    Last hard ; Not running:-(
    Lyrics:I thought no but then it came to me :-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

LMH: Hope you enjoy your run/cycle, whichever it is you decide to do.
    Benjy: Best of luck for tomorrow.  Are you aiming for any particular time?
    WP: Hope you feel better soon.

What: Run to parkrun, parkun, run from parkrun. (~8 miles).
    Why: Meet up with AH, see what work needs to be done.

I managed 23:32 today.  My main focus in the short term will be to build my mileage up.

I want to do another marathon in 2019, and aim for sub-3 again, but there is plenty of running to be done.

In the meantime, I'll keep popping by and will look to start doing some long runs in the coming weeks, certainly nice weather for it at the moment.

Have a good day.
    Have a good day. image
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: I'm sure I should...so that's no then.

Good to see OL at parkrun this morning!

What: walking at parkrun and probably another walk later. 

Why: to meet with a forumite plus too nice out for the fitness suite.

Hope all those preparing for races tomorrow (Vienna, Madrid, London etc) have a very easy, stress free relaxing day. Keep off those legs: you will need them fresh for tomorrow! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • A run was definitely not on the cards for me today I'm afraid as I was very lame doing the shopping and walking Grace - the worst it's been:-( I was going to take the bike out and then I realised I was doing it because I thought I 'should' do something and the bottom line is that I don't - it's less than a week after the marathon, I'm injured and it doesn't matter if I do nothing - so I'm baking a rhubarb and ginger loaf cake with the first of the rhubarb from our garden:-)

Any idea which marathon Ollie?

Definitely too nice for the fitness suite Alehouse - I thought the same about the pool.

Sorry to hear that you're unwell again Poppy.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Poppy, get well soon!
    LMH, you too, glad you are being sensible!

Good luck Benjy, keep the stress levels low.  

Best of luck to everyone doing London tomorrow - keep eating everything in sight Dustin!

6.3 miles for me, with 12 x easy 1 minute strides.  Absolutely glorious out there. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

A break from moving builders' rubble. Probably done enough for today. 

Sensible, LMH! Cake sounds nice. Unfortunately my rhubarb has been covered by the above rubble...but has survived, albeit a little battered. 

Well done this morning, OLHope that OH enjoyed the first Kirkwall parkrun and that it all went to plan. 

Take it easy Don
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: 20 WHOLE MINUTES ON A WATT BIKE
    Why: I had to know if I could
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: hahahahahahaha - the last 2 weeks of hell and repair
    Lyrics NO !!

It was horrific and I loved it, the TUNNEL is long BUT at least I can see the light at the end of it!!
  • Good news Gobi.

I have just tested the cake and can recommend it Alehouse - let me know if you'd like the recipe.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done, Gobi: progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead. You'll get there!

Glad the cake is good, LMH...and of course I would like the recipe please!

• 108 participants + 1dog + 5 in buggies
    Timing worked ok
    beautiful morning
    my time 27:38 (but ahead of William Sichel!)
    Kirkwall parkrun #1
    organisers well pleased
  • Still the nightmare energy expending tight turns

• You look in good shape OH! It's not the energy expended but the stress on the knees that gets me with those turns.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Looking good OH
    LmH - wise decision, rhubarb and ginger sounds yum!
    Gobi - good news
    Ollie - nicely done
    Benjy - good luck tomorrow

what - short easy run (4km)
    why - 26.2 tomorrow
    last rest - Monday
    last hard - last week

• A good night's sleep and hope all goes well for those running big races tomorrow (Dustin, LMH, SC, BB ...)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Glad the parkrun went well, OH! Obviously one to do on my parkrun wish list! Not sure that LMH is racing tomorrow, but Chick is not on your list: several parts of the Vienna marathon, I believe! Walked past Vale Road today...and was not tempted! Not even by the alehouse at the top!