Sunday 22nd April 2018 To fight the unbeatable foe

Morning! A big day for some, and I hope they slept better than I did!

Lyrics: To fight the unbeatable foe...To run where the brave dare not go

What: fitness suite

Why: rain is forecast here with a max of 15.

Hope you achieve your dreams, today's racers. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Don't Ask Me Why by Billy Joel.

I wasn't running London anyway OH but am currently benched.

We had the rain go through overnight Alehouse but it's cooler than yesterday and normal temperatures forecast from tomorrow. I won't mind so much if I can't run mind.

Enjoy the day and have a good one racers!

What:            swim
    Why:             can't run
    Last hard:     not being able to run
    Last rest:      21/4

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Started to post yesterday and forgot to press post. Oops.

Friday 3.6 km with a friend, plus the most painful physio I've ever had!

Saturday a very poor parkrun after getting up half the night with stomach cramps (my stomach was more than twice it's normal size, not nice!). 2.5 km extra getting back to station.

What: getting ready to start new job tomorrow and visiting my dad
    Why: it's time to make a change
    Last hard: Friday and yesterday
    Lyrics: of course

Good luck all races and have a lovely day everyone.
  • OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Best of luck to all racers, hope it goes well for you today.

What: Possibly a cycle down the Trans-Pennine Trail.
    Why: Why not?
    Lyrics: Nope.
    Have a good day. image
  • I hope your stomach settles down emzap - any idea what's causing it? Is your new job local or will you be remote working again?

It's a lovely day for a bike ride Ollie. In fact it was so nice out that once again I couldn't face the pool so in a brave and possibly foolhardy move I took my road bike out for the first time in a year or so and the longest ride since my accident. I must admit I enjoyed it and started to harbour thoughts of a possible duathlon but that will depend on whether it causes my shoulder to flare up again or not. When I've tried to get back on the bike for the last few years riding has been fine but the consequences too painful. Fingers crossed.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Not a lovely day for a bike ride here I'm afraid, LMHOL might get very wet indeed! Pouring! Hope there is no reaction from your ride: was the knee ok on the bike?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Knee and ankle were fine thanks Alehouse.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hope there's no bad reaction LMH.  

No idea what's causing the stomach issues.  I have a feeling it may be linked to my trip this week, I boiled the water as I read it wasn't good to drink, but I did drink a few sips in the airport.  It's starting to settle down, so fingers crossed.

New job will also be from home, but it's a week in the office next week, so more time away from home, but less often :)

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    10 miles this morning including the last 2.5 at marathon pace on the marathon route.  Felt good.

Looks a hot day in London, not going above 11 degrees here.

Lyrics, nope.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    All training bagged now I hope, Don! Was 18 degrees here at 9 a.m....and it is now 12.5!

Worked quite hard in the fitness suite and the stretches for the back are getting less painful (until I get to bed this evening of course!).

Hope the heat is not getting to Dustin and Benjy (or SC and Chick). London looks warm but not sure about Madrid and Vienna!
  • Vienna was hotter I believe Alehouse don't know about Madrid.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all

busy weekend in Birmingham before coming home...

Managed to run from the hotel to Cannon Hill parkrun without getting lost (2.75m), had a reasonable run, 88th in 20:53 out of 800+, then the run back to the hotel again, before much more alcohol....

Recovery run of 3.25m along some of the Birmingham canals, then a longish run when we got home of just over 14m, all that mean my first 50m week for a very long time.... :-)

Take care
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Rfj, you should have said! I'd have come joined you at cannon hill.

Glad you had a nice weekend though :)
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Warmest London on record - not a cloud in the sky for much of the day. I think it was officially 23 but certainly felt warmer!
    Started off OK but knew by about halfway that it certainly wasn't a pb day (or indeed a GFA day).
    Halfway in 1h40, then saw Mo (going the other way). Managed to hold some semblance of pace to 20 and then it was more mind over matter.
    3h33 so way out on what I wanted but truth be told, I'm not that fussed. There were plenty of people in all sorts of trouble both over the closing 10 miles but also afterwards in the finish area.
    Even a look around my club mates there were some times out on expectations with just one or two getting close to target.
    Beers afterwards went down very well indeed!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Well done Dustin! Certainly seemed a tough day at the office for lots! I know you didn't get what you wanted but there won't be many who did. 

A what went well/even better if analysis would be interesting! And hope the legs aren't too bad tomorrow.

Think SC will be at least reasonably happy with his rockin' and rollin' round Madrid!