Saturday 5th May 2018 - The heart is a bloom

Morning.

Lyrics - The heart is a bloom

Looks set to be a nice day here and more forecast, that would make a change, never mind for a Bank Holiday weekend! Long may it last.

What:            hopefully either a MLR or LSR
Why:             I miss being able to run as I want
Last hard:     not running yesterday
Last rest:      4/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Very little sleep last night, shattered, no matter what time I get to bed, I wake up early. Tour de Yorkshire passing through Scalby Village just over the bridge from me, so will be up to spectate late afternoon and watch the pelathingy ride through. Then round to friends for a BBQ tea with my girls as the cracking weather dictates.

What: Maybe a short run, maybe a gym session, maybe a kip, maybe all three
    Why: Well we know why, bit too tired but not a good eough reason not to
    Lyrics: Oh aye

Enjoy this weather folks in the best possible way

"best possible way" just realised I sounded like Kenny Everitt there.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were The Easybeats with Friday on my Mind. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBJLoYd8xak

What: heading to parkrun

Why: it's not far away and it is a beautiful day for running. Whether I actually run is a different matter! 

Back later.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

LMH: Enjoy your run in the sunshine today:-)

Benjy: I hope you manage a sleep nothing worse than being deprived of sleep!! The Tour looks good on TV enjoy spectating I bet the peleton is impressive in real life.

What: 9.1 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: not making my 60 for the week 58.92 there is always next week:-)
    lyrics: Nope not a scooby

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Forgot to say - hope your hamstring has settled Donaldo.

Did you run Alehouse?

I have to laugh at us Poppy - I only run in whole numbers, I'll walk a half a mile home at the end of a run rather than finish on x.5 whereas you run every last hundredth. So close to your 60 - I think I'd be tempted to finish it off.  :)

I can't sleep in either Benjy but it's rare that I have a late night, I'm a real lightweight. Hope you had a good run and enjoy the time with your girls this afternoon, lovely day fr a BBQ here.

We found a leak this morning, water coming from the loft into our back bedroom, fortunately my lovely plumber was able to come round and sort it but by the time he'd gone it was nearly 0930hrs so just a MLR for me today. Knee permitting I shall go long tomorrow.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

I did indeed run, LMH! And quite pleased and the result suggests I am ready to gradually up the training. Last week was 28:26 yet today with little more effort was 25:42 by my watch. Whether the improvement is down to the better weather (the course was dry as opposed to paddling in places last week), I started further up, increased confidence or whatever, I don't know!

Going to gradually up the running but am definitely going to maintain the Pilates type work plus the work on my Achilles, which is again making itself aware post run. 

Shame about the plumbing! 

Enjoy the BBQ, Benjy!

And not sure that I will ever run 60 miles in a week again, WP!

Anyone heard from Dibs of late? Plus OL has gone quiet again. 

Gobi: hope you are making progress.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
    Ale: That's a result, bet that feels great, an uplifter, onwards and upwards. (By the way the video inclusion is great, and annoyed with myself as didn't get it).

LMH: Water! It's a love hate relationship, a pint glass of water and a shower after a run, fantastic love it, damp or a leak I hate the damned stuff.

Welsh: Damn that is such a small figure to make up. You have to do something about it!

Feel compelled to log in and get off my chest what a god-awful run that was. Only 5.97 miles (turn around back down the drive, past next door and back to get the GPS to tick over to 6, whole number LMH).

Beautiful weather, perfect in fact, plenty to see with busy goings on around and about with Tour de Yorkshire setting up, stopped three times just to recompose myself. Feels like a wasted oppurtunity. Going to get my head down and grab some ZZZs before picking my girls up from dancing. Honestly I run better than that with a hangover.

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon from gloriously sunny SEWales. It's not raining :-) 
    WP: Ms Consistency. LMH decision made by water and hope you enjoyed. Good result Ale.
    Benjy-keep these posts coming- a daily pick me up. Hope all on the bench are improving. The Greek is being niggly but I've brought him to heel. Short and gentle yesterday got me safely to parkrun today and gave:
    What: 2.99 miles in 23.51
    Why: It's what Garmin said I did at parkrun
    Last Hard: Wed night
    Last Rest: Thursday
    Lyrics: Nope
    Late night and a couple of glasses of wine followed by early start so please today's 5k beat Wednesday's especially as we have undulates and mud (Still lots of it) Roll on tomorrow's 10k
  • Excellent Alehouse.

What was the problem Benjy?

I love being out running in the warm SC. Glad you had a good run this morning - hope the 10k is incident free.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Not good on the hamstring.  Strange 'injury' if that's what it is.  Can run with just an easily manageable know of pain where the cramp was at about 7:20 pace.  Increase it to 7:00 pace and the pain is like cramp but more burning and is over the instant I slow down. Don't know if I should train at all.or not but did 6 miles at the manageable pace.  Any attempt to increase pace and the pain hit.  Looks like the half marathon next Sat is looking unlikely.  

Keep on running, alehouse!!

Benjy, hope you have a better one tomorrow.

SC, enjoy the 10K! 

Lyrics, nope.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Finally finding some time to post. Yesterday ended up being rather busy at work. I had to dig in as they've been very generous lately giving me all the time off I needed looking after hubby. He is making slow but steady progress. Walked 3700 steps yesterday and did some light chores around the house. It will be a long road back to life but considering how bad things were he's in a good place.

SC: So sorry to hear the cardio didn't have the good news you wanted. Really hope you continue to manage the SVT so well. There's constant progress being made with medication so perhaps there's something in the not too distant future that can sort you. Wishing you an incident-free 10k!

Super mileage, Poppy.

I felt very drained this week. Guess everything caught up with me eventually. I managed 8 miles on Wednesday and 4 today but nothing on Thursday/ Friday. Hopefully my energy will come back next week.

Glad your plumber managed that emergency repair LMH.

Benjy: we all have runs like that. It's what makes us stronger.

Ale: that's really good news.

What: 4 miles
    Why: low on energy
    Last hard: 18/4/18
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: yes and very true
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Missed your post Don as I was taking forever to write mine :)

I had a similar thing a few years ago. Rested for a week, working with a spiky ball on the affected area. Basically roll around on it and put as much weight as it will let you. I managed to hit the exact spot a few times. Trust me, you'll know it. Hurts like fck but then eases off. Google myofascial release. Fingers crossed.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Chicksta, thanks for the advice and no wonder you feel drained, I dont know how I would cope in your shoes.  You are amazing and dont forget it! 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: parkrun
    Why: encouraged by Wednesday's 10km.
    Last hard: that
    Lyrics: nope

I think I'm almost back!  24:38 today at parkrun :)

Chick no wonder you're feeling drained, you've had a tough month.  Look after yourself as well please.

LMH leak what a pain

Ben hope it was just a one off

Great result Ale :)

Don take care

SC great parkrun.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Have a lovely day all and enjoy the glorious weather.
  • It's going to take a toll chicksta but hopefully your three weks rehab/convalescening break will help to get you back on an even keel.

Donaldo - when my hamstring is niggling (which it does quite a lot) I find I'm fine to run easy on the flat but it won't do anything else. Like chicksta I tend to roll it a lot.

Sounds as though you enjoyed that emzap  :)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Well done Emz! Much more like it! 

And well done SC, also...and enjoy tomorrow.

Remember you, also, have recently run a marathon, Benjy! Surprised the legs are working at all.

Be very careful with that hamstring, Don! Not the end of the day if you don't run the half! You obviously don't want to be out for a longer period. Have you been using ice?