Sunday 6th May 2018 - Stranger, stranger, stranger, stranger

Morning.

Lyrics - Stranger, stranger, stranger, stranger

Forecast to reach a scorching (compared to what we've been used to 23C here today - I'm looking forward to it though may have to try my new hydration vest on my run 
:) 

Hope it's not too warm for your race SC.

Any chance of seeing a physio Donaldo?

How does everything feel this morning Alehouse?

My knee feels ok this morning so I intend to try a LSR as long as it still does once I've walked Grace. I'm expecting it to be slow but that's fine, I shall enjoy the good weather and hope to avoid the hordes out enjoying the sun and taking no notice of other path users.

What:           hopefully a LSR
Why:            I need to get back into training if I'm going to do Yeovil
Last hard:    managing the knee
Last rest:     4/5

Yesterday's lyrics - Beautiful Day by U2.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning! And a beautiful one again.

Lyrics: no

LMH: slightly aware of the Achilles this morning, plus the back is tender like it is every morning, but otherwise I probably wouldn't know I had run yesterday. Enjoy the LSR!

What: fitness suite

Why: being sensible

Plus some cross training in the garden counter-balanced by sitting watching some cricket, hopefully.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    mOrning

SC: I  hope today's race goes well with no issues and not too hot for you.

LMH: I know it is a good job we are all different  with numbers;-) I  used  to get hung up and would have gone back out to round  the number up but then I got obsessed with it all and injury followed.This time around I am more laid back about targets and numbers.

Benjy: I hope yesterday was just that a bad run and today you can have a good run.I always say it is when I have to pull  my big girl pants up.....maybe you needed big boy pants yesterday;-)Luckily we forget the bad runs and always have the memory of our good runs to pull us through:-)

What: 8.17 miles;-)
    Why: because I can
    Last hard: today's run/hayfever
    Lyrics: I so should have got yesterday's!!  but I do know todays;-)

Out early to beat the heat we had a mist I could not see very far at all but conditions suits me.I hate the heat it makes me feel ill:-(
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Thanks chaps yesterday was a blip, just too little sleep Friday night, should have had a rest day really, but always want to get something in. Burning the candle at both ends so to speak. Don't get me wrong that's just how I like it, can't ever imagine thinking right what shall I do, I have nothing to do, I'll do a jigsaw to kill some time.

SC: Hope it goes well today, great times you have there. Hope not too hot to race in.

Ale: Getting better a bit at a time. You do right to take the sensible option.

Welsh: Ha ha yes! I've just had a route round my wardrobe draw and found my (circa 2003) big boy pants, big chesties, I shall wear them today not just for comfort and pleasure but as a signal to the wider public it is a big pants day.

Donaldo: Must say those pace figures are impresive, hope legs keep together.

LMH: Enjoy that run, if it anything like here it will be a good day for it, hope the ankle plays nicely.

What: A gym session this morning, then I think either take girls on bikes or actually it is perfect for a beach day. Paddling in my chest high pants with embarrased daughters.

Why: Pleasure and leisure

Lyrics: Uh... No

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Good morning

What: 8.3km done with my OH
    Why: was trying out the 5 km route for next weekend.  Went the wrong way though, so "race route" came out as 6.7 rather than the expected 5.6! Will try it again next week before Saturday
    Last hard: the last km yesterday
    Lyrics: nope

Hope everyone enjoys the sunshine.  

LMH we got out before the hordes got to the canal, hope you managed to avoid them too.
    Benjy good work!
    Ale fingers crossed you keep improving
    SC run run run (without any heat issues!). 

Have a lovely day all
  • I decided to avoid the canal emzap - it's the one part of my (potential) route that is too narrow for the dog walkers/cyclists/walkers/runners that use it when the weather is nice at a weekend. Was out early enough to avoid the worst of the crowds on the other parts of my run and really enjoyed the lovely weather.

That sounds promising Alehouse.

I'm much the same Benjy - can't imagine spending the afternoon just sat in the garden. It's sort of a nice idea but even with a good book I've had it after about half an hour. Definitely a beach and ice cream kind of afternoon if you have weather like ours.

I'm hoping we'll have many more hot days Poppy - I'm guessing you're not! The thing with my round numbers is that it means I'm recording less miles than I would if I ran to home and took the extra bits - but I like to have a little walk at the end of my runs anyway.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    The height of today's exertion I suspect will be an enormous meringue.
    Recovery Day
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest Friday
    Lyrics no

Glen Lyon Ultra completed yesterday by both of us (and neither of us was last!
    At least 4 DNFs that we knew of: one with broken jaw and one fell in river on one of many crossings ( the legendary Ray McCurdy)
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

pacing duties at parkrun yesterday, 25 mins (24:56 on the results) happy :-) plus miles.

mid-distance run this morning, more later likely and a low key of road 10k tomorrow.

Take care
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done, OH! Sounds a dangerous race!

Surprised there is no mention of Fulham, RFJ!

And I see Gobi sneaked in a run of some description yesterday...

And yes, I'm not one to sit around, LMH...even at cricket I move to another part of the ground every half an hour or so! Talking of which, off to catch the tram to Old Trafford any minute.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Thanks for yesterday's kind words.

Enjoy the meringue, OH. Sounds like you've earned it.

Have fun at the cricket, ale.

Perfect pacing RFJ.

To hot for me too, Poppy. Hats off to LMH for not melting.

Benjy: sounds like a lovely day.

What: no running
    Why: by the time is finished gardening and washing my car it was just too hot. I cycled a bit though and I reckon gardening counts as cross training.
    Last hard: 18/4/18
    Last rest: Friday
    Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Gardening is definitely cross training, Chick! But don't let Mr Chick join in! When does convalescence start?

Cricket was warm and I spent some time watching from the cooler pavillion. Back now to cook tea for son when he arrives after watching a long film at the cinema. Not something I would do on a day like today.
  • I don't think I could cope with an afternoon in the pictures on such a lovely day either Alehouse. Not much cooking going on here either - salad for us this evening.

I'm glad you both finished and hopefully enjoyed the experience OH.

That sounds far too domestic chicksta.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    that because I was expecting it to be a Fulhamish afternoon, and it was...... play offs it is and seeing as we have never won a play off game, I will be surprised..

7.12m in the heat for 17.7m for the day
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Gardening for me today, many hours in the warm sunshine.  Too hot to run in, well done to anyone getting out.

No physio for me LMH, I could probably do with it but I just don't seem to do that sort of thing.  Hamstring was tweaking a bit during the gardening.  

OH, lots of Dunblane runners at Glen Lyon and my wee cousin from Dunoon hill runners, she ran it in about 7 hours.  Well done to you both.

Lyrics nope!