Sunday 13th May 2018-You talk like Marlene Dietrich And you dance like Zizi Jeanmaire

Morning
Lyrics:You talk like Marlene Dietrich and you dance like Zizi Jeanmaire

Good luck all racers today LMH, Dustin,SC?

I am another that can not have  those nasties you find in drinks.Will look out for organic blackcurrant drink as Alun always drank Ribena but with Aspartame  in it he can not drink it!! Just lower the sugar what do they have to add nasties to them!

What: See what I can do
Why: Very tired this morning
Last hard: getting out of bed

Have a great day out there and hope the weather is kind to you.
ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Where The Heart Is by Soft Cell.

Thank's for the thread start Poppy, sorry to hear you're tired, hope you enjoy your run.

A much improved forecast here and a nice morning, dry and bright, hope everyone else racing has good conditions and enjoys their race, I can't say I enjoy 10ks  :/

What:          Sinfin 10k
    Why:           supporting a local race
    Last hard:   being enthusiastic about this
    Last rest:    4/5

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

Go well LMH! Hope you can get up to speed!

And all other racers of course!

What: probably go to the fitness suite and see what I can manage

Why: calf damage prevents much play
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sorry to hear that your new calf injury is causing issues Alehouse. I'll be surprised if I can get much above MP but can only try.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Ale: Sorry to hear about your calf!
    LMH: Run like the wind today or a chap chasing you with a big stick or even a tiger chasing your tail:-)

5.65 miles for me today I am hoping this will mean I am good to go tomorrow:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    LMH: Bit of a dilema with Yeovil there, it kind of knocks the wind out of the sails. Hope the 10k today gets you sub40, I'm sure it will.

OH: Apartame seems to be getting in everything now. As a gallon a day juice drinker I'm hoping my regular orange from shop next door stays the same.

Ale: Sorry to hear about the calf damage, one step forward two back.

Welsh: You'll be right once you get moving, go fo a 6 today. Goldilocks distance for donkey legs days.

Dustin/SC/Parkrunners: Hope you have a good one, althugh are now probably waiting for starting pens at this moment.

What: Well I didn't get my 10 in Friday, it was 8, running late so didn't manage the 4 route to work only 2 there then 6 back. Need to do a 10 this morning.

Why: Feeling a bit bloated and rubbish, too much indulgance, need to shake it off.

Lyrics: Oh my goodness yes!, one of favourites for singing in the shower. In fact here is an illustration I did of Zizi Jeanmaire back end of last year as I had that song in my head and was testing out some new software features.

Have a good one today chaps, mild here, perfect running weather.
    Apologies for typos, like shorthand in places.
    Welsh: Sorry there you had already run and posted, my schoolboy error there of starting to type, get distracted, then return, finish and post. Good on you for getting in done this morning.
  • It has been reported to Police Scotland that numerous groups have been seen heading in the direction of North West Scotland. 
    Each individual in these groups seems to be carrying a disguise, an unreasonable quantity of athletic footwear, swimwear and clothing for just about any climate. 
    They have been described as unusually euphoric. Although in possession of copious quantities of alcohol and confectionary, this euphoria does not appear to be due to the ingestion thereof.
    They pertain to come from many parts of the UK and abroad, however, appear to have knowledge of the other groups.
    Police Scotland have declined to comment on any common motive. 
    It has been suggested that they may be travelling under Durness.
  • Nice artwork Benjy. A pain when life interferes with running but it happens to us all.

A much drier, stiller, warmer day than forecast here. I ran four miles to the race. Met up with P who had driven down to support and had some water, took my inhaler, had a chat etc then did a mile warm up. Lined up on the second row at the start and saw a younger lady in a Derby AC vest and short shorts to my left. Race started on time this year and the Derby AC lady and a young girl from Charnwood (also in short shorts) went past me within the first half mile but then just settled about 60-80m ahead. Charnwood caught Derby within the first mile then just sat on her. I ran the first mile at Boston faster than my first three here but I guess that's what a taper does for you! After about four miles I saw that Charnwood had dropped back off Derby and I was gradually reeling her in, she looked to be running so comfortably and with a lovely style but as I drew level with her and heard her breathing I realised she was working hard so just concentrated on going past and looking strong. Fortunately I was beginning to warm up by now and was getting a little faster. I was very gradually closing on Derby though there was a man obviously running with her who kept looking back and no doubt telling her where I was. I was never going to catch her anyway but I was worried that young Charnwood would have a good finish and take second place back, the marathon miles were showing though and I finished strongly - albeit setting my asthma off which took ages to control. Not a PB but a much better run than last year - 39.24 Garmin time 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Good work LMH! Well done! Still think you should do more of them!

Enjoyed the fitness suite, mainly because I bumped into a guy that I haven't seen for a few years! And a good few years older than I, which is unusual in a student gym! Calf was up to gentle stretching but no chance of running on it. Will speak to physio on Tuesday, I hope (doesn't work Mondays).

Have a good week, OH!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Great report and great racing LMH, very well done, a good battle!  

OH - lol

15 miles steady for me today, 1 hr 52.  Lovely sunny weather with a cooling breeze.  On call at work so route was loopy and repetitive.  

Lyrics, not a clue! 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Cross post, Don! You seem to have made a remarkable recovery! Hope my calf is just as quick! And am sure you know the lyrics!
  • They hurt too much Alehouse! I do think I could PB but I would need to target a race but that would mean running less for a couple of weeks before if nothing else. Mind you I did expect to be running this one on fresher legs.
  • Further unconfirmed reports are now coming in: Racey material may have been uncovered;  a variety of timing devices may have been identified alongside numerous sachets filled with an indeterminate syrupy liquid; additionally one of the travellers was overheard describing another as having some "Speed".
    Police Scotland again make no comment other to confirm that there have been no apprehensions.
  • Although no further action is apparently being made, some of the travellers were noted to be jumpy at the mention of guns and running.
  • Well doneand good report LMH
  • Thanks OH. Long journey?  :)
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Bromsgrove fun run. Opted for 5(.8) km race rather than 10 this year as we had a house full. 5/7 of us did the run. Our male dutch visitor won overall, with me coming in 2nd lady. All 5 of us (2 who never run) came top 20 out of a field of 96.  Great day especially after eurovision party and 17 km walking yesterday!

Well done lmh too.
    Oh he he!
    Ale hope calf is better soon
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Emzap and LMH well done on your races :-)

Moring run on the ridgeway for me and a hard Mr Bump fall (again) now looking for a bio-mechanics expert as also noticed that I have no flexibility in my right foot too and cant seem to being my toes / foot up when compared to left foot there is over two inches difference..... (11.29m)

Followed up with a 4.75m this afternoon with 3.35 at MP.

Last hard weekend before Edinburgh.....

Take care
  • Sounds like a great day after your party all round emzap.

I'd start with getting a physio to look at it RFJ. Hope you haven't done any damage?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Well done, Emz! Sounds like a fun weekend!

And what LMH says, RFJ!

Cracking day of activity all round today chaps!

LMH: Well done on getting the sub 40, like the report, feel like experiencing the race
    Donaldo: Impressive 13
    RFJ: Apart from the bump a good set of miles chewed up there
    Emz: Great results all round from your group
    Ale: Fitness suite is a result, admire your enthusiasm to be active when facing such obstacles
    OH: Not sure what's going on there, is it the Summer of 1967 or 2018, soundslike you are having a blast, enjoy it

Looking forward to seeing how it went for Dustin in Leeds

Did a nice steady 10.5 myself late morning, did think shall I top it up to half marathon distance, but thought no I've got Ravenscar half next Sunday. Got home though and half an hour later thought well I got that far should have just done another 2.5.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Thanks LMH and Ale, I'm not going to do anything much before Edinburgh, but will look to sort something afterwards, also have my pre massage a week before so will ask the question then too. (its more than strength trg I think, but will see)

Cheers