Thursday, 14 June 2018 - I know you don't know what I'm going through

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning :)

Kalamity Kris sums me up nicely, DD.

Hope it went well, Don.

Lyrics: I know you don't know what I'm going through

I have a doctor's appointment later. Guess I need an injection to calm things down. Still going to attempt a run. Might circle my house so I can bail if things get bad.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - It Keeps You Runnin' by Carly Simon.

I hope you managed a run and that the jab helps chicksta.

Hope Mrs RFJ isn't injured.

How did you do Donaldo?

What:          maybe gym later
    Why:           day out at the Good Food Show
    Last hard:   still getting my appetite under control
    Last rest:    12/6

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • BenjyBenjyBenjyBenjy ✭✭✭
    Wabo: Hope things are improving, thoughts are with you

SC: Same again, good to see SVT doesn't stop you, getting some good outings there

LMH: Good food show? Grab me a cake.

Chicksta: Admire that you are still getting out with all the hassle you are getting out

Been super-busy last couple of days, 6 hour round trip to Lincoln yesterday for work, lovely city, parking in the grounds of the cathedral up the cobble hill. Whilst there the chimes on the hour very loud. Really like Lincoln. Got back went for a run, only managed a stubborn lethargic 6, legs like porridge.

What: Got to fit at least a 7 in at lunchtime

Why: Because it needs to be done

Lyrics: I'm going to say yes

Really windy and threatening sky here, garden storage box has blown open, Winnie the Pooh football and various garden tat needs rescuing. Perfect for arun later.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: rest (if driving over 200 miles is rest)
    Why: driving to Kent via the office for funeral tomorrow and race on Saturday
    Last hard: the race last night.
    Lyrics: nope

Arrived at the race not really feeling it last night.  Set off a bit too fast and by 500m I was feeling it.  Slowed down and all my club mates overtook me.  The race was offroad and the hills were brutal, being surrounded by vegetation meant my asthma started playing up around km 2 and kept playing up until the end.  To be fair I had 3 goals in mind, (7.5 miles) a) 1:06, b) 1:10 and c) 1:12 According to my watch finished in 1:06:36 so considering what an awful run it was, I almost reached my a goal.

Now to recover for Saturday, 4 legs, about 14km in total.  Let's hope everyone is watching the world cup kick off match this afternoon and the M25 is empty...

Have a lovely day all.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Good skills Emz
    RFJ - hope Mrs Bump is OK
    Benjy - hope you can squeeze it in
    Wabo - well done you for sticking with the runs even though everything else is stressful
    Chick - hope the doc's goes well
    LmH - enjoy the food day. Appetite under control? No, you've lost me... ;-)

What - U11 coaching, few easy miles
    Why - easing back ahead of the w/e
    last rest - two weeks
    last hard - Tuesday
    Nice run up and around Victoria Park yesterday, around 8 in total. Coached in the evening, one of our ladies bowled over by a large black labrador (not aggressive, just not under control). 
    Bit of swelling and bruising. Usual dog owner response: "You shouldn't be running here", Hmmm, on a football pitch in the local park. Don't ever go there on a Saturday or Sunday in the football season then...
    Talking of which, I have Japan in the sweepstake, that's a tenner I won't see again. I'm supporting the Germans again this year (or I will be when England are knocked out...)
  • DubaiDaveDubaiDave ✭✭✭
    Morning 

EMZ: we will call that a result then.

BB: hope you get out there

Dustin: my own dog took me out the other day, wouldn’t let him loose near other runners, way to exciting 

LMH: nothing much planned at the moment, a trail 10K, a sprint tri are entered work allowing, maybe Bournemouth marathon in October, also looking at Bournemouth oly tri in September.

Chick; tough lady.

What: club handicap race (11K)
    Why: its on the calendar 
    last hard Tuesday
    Last rest: 9/12

was hoping for a ringer placement for the handicap race, but got graded on my 1/2m from Poole which whilst fair puts me starting after a better runner who was graded on his ½ time at a far tougher event. Ah well, now to work out what pace to run, thinking that anything quicker than 5min/k would be suicide particularly as second half is all uphill 

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Em: That's a brilliant outcome all things considered. Hope the asthma has settled by now.

LMH: Perfect day for the Good Food show then - you can eat your way through the exhibition :)

Benjy: Well done running those legs into submission

Dustin: Had to laugh re. Japan. Bloody inconsiderate dog owners. Our neighbour has a very excitable Lab. I'm ok being showered with doggy love when I stop for a chat but he's otherwise being kept on a leash (the dog, not the neighbour).

I'm not so sure about Germany this time around. They're usually shite after having won and go home early. My bet is on Spain.

DD: Enjoy. Sounds like fun.

I managed a decent enough run with a slightly sore back. It had improved since yesterday. Been living with this for so long now that I know when to push on and when to back off. Had the injection and can bend over again :+1:
    Pain free running tomorrow then :)

What: 11 miles
    Why: wanted to
    Last hard: having a needle stuck in my back
    Last rest: 31/5
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Well done emzap.

Mile race last night, nothing really to report.  Having not been on the track for 22 years, I didn't get my tactics right.  I wanted 5:20 so the first lap in 80 was perfect but I was last and low on confidence!  2nd lap in 82 then an 88 I think left me in 7th of 8 runners and more than 20m down on 5th and 6th. I was fair scunnered.  My legs weren't responding but I clearly had plenty left as I bombed round the last lap, finishing 5th in 5:25 so not even that far off target.  I sort of enjoyed it.  

Lyrics, nope.
  • Easy Scapa 5k loop
    wet and breezy
    last hard: 200m intervals at track
    last rest: Tuesday
    lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Nice work Don, a 75s last lap! Good work!
  • StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Good effort all things considered Emz and +ve outcome. Hope tomorrow goes as well as it can.
    RFJ - hope Mrs RFJ isn't badly hurt
    Benjy - you always make me smile
    Wabo - Hang on in there
    Chicksta/Dustin love the profeesional assessments of the football. Now that Scotland have taken up cricket.... :-)
    Donaldo: Good report and nice time. Anything left at the end? What would you do different?
    Dustin: Back home I get regularly accosted by dogs, some repeat offenders and the usual statement is "He/she doesn't usually do that!" Right!
    LmH - Eat more|: run more...Oh wait...you are in recovery mode so just eat more for now and enjoy :-)
    OH - I love your outlook
    Today's adventure on the Costa del Sol took in some boardwalks and a scrub route in the dunes through the ecological par just for a change from part of teh beach route etc. More variable surfaces and more variable fun. Sub 9's so not too bad and 29 deg in Marbella at the end so pleased to get it done with no dramas. I'd move here if it they had parkruns and more sociable runners. Have passed anyhing from 20-60 others on various runs, acknowledged everyone and had less than a handful of nods or wave backs. Much more inclusive back home.
    What: 13.6K
    Why: Felt like it
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: Monday:
    Lyrics: Think maybe so say no

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    all Jodie's test came back negative, platelets back to normal. She had glandular fever some time ago we think when she was pregnant with little one as she was so poorly and we put down to pregnancy.
    Anyway, that's nothing to do with ITP,  the doc said some tests may show negative now and then in years to come jodie may have other symptoms the all of a sudden same test are positive (Lupus I think).  Doc said than goodness she said no to ablation. So now next two weeks reduction of steroids. Check again after that to  make sure bloods still ok. One more test to do and its to do with the gut, if that comes back positive it would have caused ITP and she will be zapped with antibiotics to kill the bug or whatever as it has other risks.  Phew

SC glad your finding different runs to do, thanks btw, still the SVT to deal with..
    Donaldo, I am glad you sort of enjoyed it I found it daunting 
    chicksta wow, back pain is horrid!
    DD have a good club handicap
    dustin enjoy the easy coaching, I have Sweden and Australia, OH has England and Nigeria!
    emzap well thats a good achievement with how you felt!
    benjy enjoy your lunchtime run
    LMH have a good day, food show would be bad for me!!
    CHick I was always  called calamity jane as a kid!!

what: something later not sure what yet
    why: see how I feel
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

thanks for letting me go on a non running essay guys x

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Didn't understand a word, Wabo...but sounds like things are heading in the right direction!

What: fitness suite very shortly

Why: Thursday, plus just in from a long day's work (Ofsted day 2, and now over)

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nice racing emzap. Hope the funeral and the weekend go well.

Sounds positive news about Jodie Wabo.

I like teh sound of 29C SC.

Glad your back is feeling better chicksta, hope tomorrow's run is pain free.

No cake for me Benjy but lots of cheese and chocolate and alcohol!

An easy start would seem to be the way to go DD.

I wasn't supposed to be running today but Mark decided that he didn't want to go to the gym and the sun was shining when we arrived home (though it was still a bit blowy) and whilst it was at the GFS I was still stuck indoors all day so I just did a sneaky six.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.